Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Orleans Saints Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   New Orleans Saints Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918)

Scott Wright 11-09-2006 08:30 AM

New Orleans Saints Discussion

Discuss the Saints here.

Scott Wright 11-09-2006 08:28 PM

Come on, nobody wants to talk about the 6-2 Saints?

How about this: Is Marques Colston the real deal and will he be Rookie of the Year?

diabsoule 11-10-2006 12:38 AM

Sorry, I haven't been around the past couple of days. School work is bearing down on me.

I think Colston is the real deal and I think he wins ROY. He has just been a huge key to the success of the Saints.

I'm a little hesitant about the Saints due to the fact that they have a history of second half collapses. I think Payton is different but we will just have to wait and see.

Do you think that we can beat the Steelers? If so, what are the keys to success against them?

Flyboy 11-10-2006 12:51 AM

I, for one, do think that Colston is the real deal and if he keeps up his success in the 2nd half of the season then he should win ROY. I think when I think of a current NFL player I see him as a T.O. type WR minus the attitude and with better hands. He's not quite at Owens' level at making plays after the catch, but I think he'll get there. He's been a stud for us so far and everyone who thought we were dumb for trading away Stallworth look kinda silly now.

And how about the Devery Henderson against TB? With him being healthy and out of Payton's doghouse, he looked very much like Stallworth for us with his ability to stretch the field. If he could provide that for us each week... our offense just added another dimension.

Yeah, I'm worried about the second half too... our schedule is just killer. But, I really have faith in Sean Payton. This is a completely different team of years past so we'll see how it goes. Winning the division and getting a first round bye in the playoffs would be orgasmic. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

As for the Steelers... we can win this game. We can win any game against any team in the NFL if we play like we're capable of, but this is not going to be an easy game by ANY means. I think the keys are to shutdown Willie Parker and force BenRo to beat us kinda like we did against Vick. I worry that Heath Miller and Hines Ward will make us pay, but if we can force some turnovers I'll breath easy. On offense, we have to protect Brees' against Pittsburgh's blitz and pound the ball heavily with Deuce. I really don't think Bush will be a factor in this game as a runner, but as a receiver I think he can make some big plays for us.

This game really reminds me of the Ravens' game we lost... but I think the real reason we lost that game was due to stupid, silly turnovers/penalties and if we cut those out... I think we can win in Pittsburgh. I won't be able to see the game due to A) it's not in my area and B) I have a project to work on but it should be a good game.

Flyboy 11-11-2006 12:06 AM

Joe Horn is doubtful for Sunday's game. :(

diabsoule 11-11-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy
Joe Horn is doubtful for Sunday's game. :(

I think Horn is about to just wear down. I can't see how he would have many more years left in his tank. I think he's good for one more year at most.

Flyboy 11-11-2006 06:06 PM

Yeah, I don't think he'll be a Saint next year which means that we need to address our WR position either through FA or the draft this offseason.

diabsoule 11-11-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I don't think he'll be a Saint next year which means that we need to address our WR position either through FA or the draft this offseason.

I think we're going to address that position in the draft and maybe pick up a decent FA. I think we're going defense in the 2nd Rd.

mpt117 11-11-2006 10:17 PM

what happened to my hometown man alfred fincher? he needs some PT...

diabsoule 11-12-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpt117

He plays every once in a while. The coaching staff isn't that high on him and I don't see him staying around that long.

mpt117 11-12-2006 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:

Originally Posted by mpt117

He plays every once in a while. The coaching staff isn't that high on him and I don't see him staying around that long.

i wonder why...i know haslett was and he was a first teamer since may at practice and TC...was penciled in as the starter for the season until the simoneau trade. from what i hear he played good during the preseason and other saints fans want him to see the field more often to see what he can do

mpt117 11-12-2006 04:25 PM

sry double post

diabsoule 11-12-2006 07:33 PM

Damn, Saints lost. We're still a game ahead of the Falcoons. We gotta win more of our games now. This was a tough loss esp. after I picked the Saints in pick'em.

SeanTaylorRIP 11-12-2006 07:33 PM

You all would have won if you had Joe Horn.

YoJoeBucsFan 11-12-2006 07:36 PM

I was actually rooting for the Saints... that one was tough to watch. I HATE Joey Porter and seeing him happy disgusts me.

diabsoule 11-12-2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettosermon

I have to agree with you there. I think Horn would've held onto the balls that Copper couldn't.

diabsoule 11-13-2006 09:23 AM

That was a tough loss. The Steelers exploited every one of our weaknesses on defense.

Flyboy 11-13-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

I disagree. We would have won if A) we didn't turn the ball over and B) Hollis Thomas did not get hurt.

That was such a tough loss to swallow. Ugh.

diabsoule 11-14-2006 03:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree. We would have won if A) we didn't turn the ball over and B) Hollis Thomas did not get hurt.

That was such a tough loss to swallow. Ugh.

I know thought we were going to put it into overtime. That loss was very tough. We have to bounce back next week, though. We have to win 4 more games to go 10-6. We should do it.

Flyboy 11-14-2006 02:51 PM

Cincy's offense going against our defense worries me GREATLY. It's nice that the game will be at home, but still.... eeek.

diabsoule 11-15-2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Cincy's offense going against our defense worries me GREATLY. It's nice that the game will be at home, but still.... eeek.

Yeah, I'm really worried as well esp. since San Diego's defense is so much better than ours and Cincy stacked up 41 pts against them. Then we have Pittsburgh, who isn't a team that really runs up the score, piled on 38 against us. I think our secondary is going to get exploited big time. I'm going to be listening to this game cringing.

diabsoule 11-16-2006 12:48 PM

Pretty good Q&A with Sean Payton about this upcoming game.
http://neworleanssaints.com/newsroom...articleid=3080

swagger 11-18-2006 12:20 AM

I love Scott but I thought this was funny...

Here is what Scott said about Marques Colston in response to a question in his "Ask NFLDC" Q&A:

First of all Marques Colston is a very rare exception and even though I was very high on him even I didn't expect the kind of numbers he is putting up for the Saints.

I was very curious as to what Scott thought of Colston, so I resourced his team by team reviews and brought up his review of the Saints. Here was his take on Colston (after the draft):

With their final pick the Saints brought in another sleeper in Marques Colston of Hofstra, who despite playing wide receiver in college will likely be tried out as a tight end or H-Back due to his size. Even though the Saints really don't have a top player established at the position it would be a surprise if Colston were able to make much of an impact as a rookie.

C'mon Scott!!!!! Hindsight is 20/20! :lol:

diabsoule 11-18-2006 03:11 AM

Ha, that's pretty funny but that's what I love about the draft.

In other news, I just found out that I'll be going to the game Sunday!

Flyboy 11-18-2006 12:12 PM

I hate you, dia.