Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Doak Walker Finalists announced (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981)

danman253 11-23-2006 10:13 AM

Doak Walker Finalists announced

Hart, Slaton, McFadden.

Should be interesting to see who gets it.

I want to say Hart, but I have a sinking feeling that since each of the other two have 2 extra games they might get it.

Of course they hate giving underclassmen the award. Remember AD got robbed by Benson 2 years ago?

elway777 11-23-2006 10:18 AM

honestly I cant decide,I just wish Micheal Bush didnt get hurt so he coulda stolen this trophy.

njx9 11-23-2006 10:22 AM

i'd vote slaton, but that's complete personal bias and i've got absolutely nothing to back it up.

GB12 11-23-2006 10:22 AM

Slaton

smittyjs 11-23-2006 10:34 AM

Darren McFadden

draftguru151 11-23-2006 10:48 AM

After McFadden tears up UF, there won't be a discussion.

SuperMcGee 11-23-2006 10:52 AM

Great finalists, tough to choose

I'd like to say Hart, but it might just be McFadden

srv fan 11-23-2006 11:19 AM

This is really tough. All have put up excellent stats for great teams. If I had a gun to my head, I would give it to McFadden. He has been unreal for Arkansas.

Shane P. Hallam 11-23-2006 12:11 PM

Imagine if McFadden had been 100% to start the season...

rainbeaukid2 11-23-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
After McFadden tears up UF, there won't be a discussion.

yes, if he does there would be no doubt

P-L 11-23-2006 11:57 PM

I think it'll depend on Slaton and McFadden's performance. Hart has the trophy now imo, but either one could take it in the next few weeks.

yourfavestoner 11-24-2006 02:59 AM

Quote:

After UF's dominant front seven completely shuts down Arkansas' running game, Slaton or Hart will win the award.

Fixed.

HookEm 11-24-2006 07:09 AM

McFadden has had a great year, if he was 100 percent week 1 they might of beat USC.....at least played a better game.

draftguru151 11-24-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:

After UF's dominant front seven completely shuts down Arkansas' running game, Slaton or Hart will win the award.

Fixed.

No chance. And even if he slow him down some, Leak will throw 3 INTs and lose the game.

thetedginnshow 11-24-2006 10:09 AM

I really think McFadden has the biggest impact on his team, and so he should win it, but who knows. They're all deserving. But yeah. If McFadden can light up LSU and Florida, he'd undoubtedly get it.

Touchdown 11-24-2006 10:24 AM

Mcfadden

draftguru151 11-24-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HookEm
McFadden has had a great year, if he was 100 percent week 1 they might of beat USC.....at least played a better game.

A better game maybe, but they had no chance to beat them at that point, maybe now, but not then.

Gribble 11-24-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

No chance. And even if he slow him down some, Leak will throw 3 INTs and lose the game.

I think Tebow should start. Leak is unfit for Meyer's offense...

yourfavestoner 11-24-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

Leak botching the game is actually more likely to happen than McFadden running wild, seeing as how Florida's been one of the best run-stopping teams in the country this year. Either way, I'm not super worried. I'd be far more concerned if Florida was playing LSU again than I am about Arkansas and their one-dimensional team.

draftguru151 11-24-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

Leak botching the game is actually more likely to happen than McFadden running wild, seeing as how Florida's been one of the best run-stopping teams in the country this year. Either way, I'm not super worried. I'd be far more concerned if Florida was playing LSU again than I am about Arkansas and their one-dimensional team.

LSU's run D>Florida's.

yourfavestoner 11-24-2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

LSU's run D>Florida's.

Ok. I could see how that would be a good argument if LSU lost to Arkansas, but they didn't. McFadden had 187 yards and 2 touchdowns, and the Hogs still lost.

Come on, DG, I know you hate Florida, but stop letting it blind you. Florida is significantly more talented than Arkansas at every position except for tailback. The only way they lose is if Leak gives the game away, or if UF's run defense suddenly decides to play like crap, which probably isn't going to happen, as Siler and Everett will be healthy.

Shane P. Hallam 11-24-2006 11:03 PM

And who knows, Arkansas may pass more to the Florida defenders than the Arkansas WRs...

Javzz 11-25-2006 01:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

Florida lost their best run-stopping presence..

SeanTaylorRIP 11-25-2006 08:50 AM

That Arkansas wildcat formation is unstoppable I would actually like to see McFadden throw more, heck he throws better than Casey and Mustain.

danman253 11-25-2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

Michigans's Run D>LSU's run D>Florida's.

:D