Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Braylon Edwards Tirade... (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987)

sweetness34 11-26-2006 11:12 PM

Braylon Edwards Tirade...
 
Anyonelse see Braylon go off on Charlie Frye? I guess his explanation was that he as trying to get his guys fired up or something like that.

All I know is that it didn't look good at all. I guess I believe him but it really looked like he was attacking his QB there.

What are your guys' thoughts on things like this where the WR goes after the QB in general?

062704 11-26-2006 11:14 PM

I think Braylon is a hard-working, high-effort guy whose stuck in a situation where he can't flourish and he's frustrated about it. I understand it a whole lot more than when I see Plaxico or Antonio Bryant throw a temper tantrum because their QB got sacked, but they were open once the CB saw the sack and pulled off them.

danman253 11-26-2006 11:29 PM

Braylon is in a bad situation. He has the worst QB in football and all Frye does is stare down one WR a game, usually Soldier. I would not call it a tirade, he is just trying to get frye to play football.

Raiderz4Life 11-26-2006 11:31 PM

He went at his O-Line not Frye

062704 11-26-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life
He went at his O-Line not Frye

They have an o-line? Who all is on it?

doingthisinsteadofwork 11-26-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life
He went at his O-Line not Frye

really i saw otherwise.
as long as its not like TO and not consistent.Edwards is a competitor and just wants to win.

TIP 11-26-2006 11:35 PM

Re: Braylon Edwards Tyrade...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34
Anyonelse see Braylon go off on Charlie Frye? I guess his explanation was that he as trying to get his guys fired up or something like that.

All I know is that it didn't look good at all. I guess I believe him but it really looked like he was attacking his QB there.

What are your guys' thoughts on things like this where the WR goes after the QB in general?


Thats frustration stemming from the browns abysmal play.

rainbeaukid2 11-26-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life
He went at his O-Line not Frye

no, it looked like he went after frye

sweetness34 11-26-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2
Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life
He went at his O-Line not Frye

no, it looked like he went after frye

Um yea he did go after Frye, he grabbed Charlie's jersey.

Komp 11-27-2006 12:14 AM

yep...
 
Yah he was going straight for Frye from what I saw. I'd rather have a guy frustrated cause he wants to win than have someone mope and not even try cause he isn't "happy". We'll trade you Moss for Braylon straight across.....we'll even throw in an offensive co-ordinator....come on...

soybean 11-27-2006 12:16 AM

he's the new T.O. minus the skill.

danman253 11-27-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean
he's the new T.O. minus the skill.

How exactly is that? :?

ninerfan 11-27-2006 12:27 AM

imagine copping abuse from a bloke thats achieved 2/5 of exactly nothing. I guess if Braylon actually does something it might count

062704 11-27-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan
imagine copping abuse from a bloke thats achieved 2/5 of exactly nothing. I guess if Braylon actually does something it might count

If you're an even bigger bloke who is holding back the bloke whose achieved 2/5 of nothing, it's imaginable.

danman253 11-27-2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan
imagine copping abuse from a bloke thats achieved 2/5 of exactly nothing. I guess if Braylon actually does something it might count

Yes and he has a qb that can get him the ball, and a line that allows his qb to do so.

Braylon is not a headcase, he has not once called out his team as losers or ever quit on them

CC.SD 11-27-2006 01:01 AM

Braylon's an awesome receiver, I don't blame him for being stuck on such a crappy team. I wish to god he were a Charger.

ninerfan 11-27-2006 02:12 AM

so you guys are saying that he has some talent then thats ok...........right?

how bout he gets out there rallies his team, works with Frye and becomes a better teamate. You know maybe put his ego aside, work with a guy playing an infinately harder position because as long as i can remember the WR can only catch passes throw to him by his QB. I'm sure bitchin and moaning to Frye will certainly improve life for everyone.

soybean 11-27-2006 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean
he's the new T.O. minus the skill.

How exactly is that? :?

well, obviously he's not as good as T.O. and i just said that cuz T.O. has done it on every team he's been on so far.

The Unseen 11-27-2006 06:25 AM

FNIA said per Peter King that Braylon Edwards was talking to Charlie Frye about how his O-line wasn't giving him time to do anything and wanted to get his attention, thus the hand-check.

danman253 11-27-2006 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:

Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean
he's the new T.O. minus the skill.

How exactly is that? :?

well, obviously he's not as good as T.O. and i just said that cuz T.O. has done it on every team he's been on so far.

Braylon tried to motivate him, not take personal shots at him. He said it at his press conference.

danman253 11-27-2006 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan
so you guys are saying that he has some talent then thats ok...........right?

how bout he gets out there rallies his team, works with Frye and becomes a better teamate. You know maybe put his ego aside, work with a guy playing an infinately harder position because as long as i can remember the WR can only catch passes throw to him by his QB. I'm sure bitchin and moaning to Frye will certainly improve life for everyone.

Wow you're ignorant. He was trying to motivate frye. He does not have an ego. Not everyone you dislike is a jerk. Braylon is one of the hardest workers around.

JustJoe2k5 11-27-2006 07:16 AM

If Andre Johnson doesn't ***** about his situation, then all other wide receivers in the NFL shouldn't have a reason to ***** about their situation.

bearsfan_51 11-27-2006 07:54 AM

Just so you know there's no y in tirade.

Everyone keep in mind that Danman, as the biggest Michigan homer in the galaxy, is the biggest apologist for Edwards and lives in Chicago, meaning he likely never watches the Browns.

I like Braylon Edwards but he's made a ton of mistakes this year. He's best known at this point in his career for dropping catches at big moments in the game. Kellen Winslow is by far the best offensive player on this team, Edwards is at best second banana.

Second of all, Edwards has a gigantic ego. Because you likely haven't heard a press conference since he was at Michigan you have no idea. He called out his own player last week and has on numerous occasions talked **** to opposing teams and then gone out and got his ass handed to him. Not to mention he wore a pink suit to the draft.

Third of all, Charlie Frye is a sacrificial lamb for this team. There have been numerous times where he can barely conduct a press conference because he's gotten his brains scrambled so much. If there is one player on this team that deserves to simply be left alone on the sidelines it's Charlie. Braylon is out of his mind in thinking he is the leader of this team.

DChess 11-27-2006 08:23 AM

i used to like edwards but after this week, i have other thoughts

he talks **** about the game sunday and he doesnt back anything up

he doesnt defend his own teammate brian russell, and says the CJ hit was un called for and cheap

then get sin the face fo the Qb on the sidelines

well at least hes good and doesnt drop passes or anything, and he's also really good at route running, so he's aloud to talk trash and yell at his teammates, because he's already accoplished so much at such a young age. so yeah he's defitnaly aloud to talk because he backs it up. :roll: :roll:

11-27-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Just so you know there's no y in tirade.

Everyone keep in mind that Danman, as the biggest Michigan homer in the galaxy, is the biggest apologist for Edwards and lives in Chicago, meaning he likely never watches the Browns.

I like Braylon Edwards but he's made a ton of mistakes this year. He's best known at this point in his career for dropping catches at big moments in the game. Kellen Winslow is by far the best offensive player on this team, Edwards is at best second banana.

Second of all, Edwards has a gigantic ego. Because you likely haven't heard a press conference since he was at Michigan you have no idea. He called out his own player last week and has on numerous occasions talked *********** to opposing teams and then gone out and got his ass handed to him. Not to mention he wore a pink suit to the draft.

Third of all, Charlie Frye is a sacrificial lamb for this team. There have been numerous times where he can barely conduct a press conference because he's gotten his brains scrambled so much. If there is one player on this team that deserves to simply be left alone on the sidelines it's Charlie. Braylon is out of his mind in thinking he is the leader of this team.

Exactly.

Also, if Frye had something that atleast resembled an o-line he wouldn't have to always run for his life and dump it off to K2. Frye and Braylon are also dealing with possibly the worst, most icompetant offensive coaching staff in league. So, give them until next year to formulate your opinions, hopefully we will clean house this year as far a offensive coaches and philosophy goes.

Not to forget that it is all Frye and the o-line fault either. Braylon has not been getting open and has been dropping WAY too many balls for someone making that kind of money.

I never really wanted Braylon in the first place and if there are anymore issues i want his head.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.