Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation New Orleans Saints Roster

Here is a thread dedicated to the complete 2011 New Orleans Saints roster which I will edit throughout the entire year. Hopefully you guys will find it useful.

Last updated: March 4th

Draft Selection, Unsigned Draft Selection, Undrafted Free Agent, Re-Signed, Free Agency Acquisition, Trade Acquisition, Suspended

Offense

Quarterbacks:
Drew Brees, Sean Canfield

Running Backs:
Reggie Bush, Chris Taylor, Pierre Thomas

Fullbacks:
Jed Collins

Wide Receivers:
Montez Billings, Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem, Andy Tanner

Tight Ends:
Jimmy Graham, Tyler Lorenzen

Tackles:
Charles Brown, Jon Stinchcomb

Guards:
Roger Allen, Brian De la Puente, Jahri Evans

Centers:
Matt Tennant

Defense

Defensive Ends:
Alex Brown, Will Smith

Defensive Tackles:
Sedrick Ellis, Tom Johnson, Mitch King, Swanson Miller, Shaun Rogers

Middle Linebackers:
Jonathan Vilma

Outside Linebackers:
Stanley Arnoux, Ezra Butler

Cornerbacks:
Randall ***, Jabari Greer, Mark Parson, Tracy Porter, Patrick Robinson

Safeties:
Malcolm Jenkins

Special Teams

Kickers:
Garrett Hartley

Punters:
Thomas Morstead

Long-Snappers:
Jason Kyle

Unrestricted Free Agents*

Ladell Betts (RB), Julius Jones (RB), Heath Evans (FB), Jonathan Goodwin (C), Jimmy Wilkerson (DE), Anthony Hargrove (DT), Danny Clark (OLB), Scott Shanle (OLB), Marvin Mitchell (MLB), Matt Giordano (S), Pierson Prioleau (S), Darren Sharper (S)

Restricted Free Agents*

DeShawn Wynn (RB), Lance Moore (WR), Courtney Roby (WR), Tory Humphrey (TE), David Thomas (TE), Jermon Bushrod (OT), Zach Strief (OT), Carl Nicks (OG), Jeff Charleston (DE), Remi Ayodele (DT), Jo-Lonn Dunbar (OLB), Kawika Mitchell (OLB), Anthony Waters (MLB), Leigh Torrence (CB), Roman Harper (S), Chris Reis (S), Usama Young (S)

*Players not offered one year tender in italic.

Exclusive Rights Free Agents*

Chase Daniel (QB), Joique Bell (RB), Lynell Hamilton (RB), Chris Ivory (RB), Adrian Arrington (WR), Junior Galette (DE), Jonathan Casillas (OLB), Ramon Humber (OLB), Justin Drescher (LS)

*Players not offered one year tender in italic.

TransactionsSources:
http://www.neworleanssaints.com
http://www.nola.com/saints
http://www.rotoworld.com
http://www.kffl.com

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Last edited by Sveen : 03-04-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great thread, Sveen... our Scandinavian source for Saints news! :)

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

also signed Young and Alleman, 3rd rounders.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome thread indeed.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:01 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
also signed Young and Alleman, 3rd rounders.
I'm not going to have all the transactions listed. Just the latest ;)
Both Alleman and Young are listed as "NFL Draft Selections" in the roster.

Thanks for the feedback Saints Dome Patrol and Flyboy. Appreciate it :)

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 06-24-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

After the release of Wade Koehl the Saints roster now has 86 players, which means that one more has to be cut before Training Camp. Anyone care to guess who?

(It's the offseason...)

Signature made by me

Old 08-07-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Mike McKenzie retire? I don't see his name on nfl.com's players section?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Did Mike McKenzie retire? I don't see his name on nfl.com's players section?
Don't believe so, he just played in the Hall of Fame Game this past Sunday. and is still listed on our Depth Chart on NFL.com, and NewOrleansSaints.com.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah my bad Im dumb, and I was think MacKenzie not McKenzie sorry for the dumb question.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Yeah my bad Im dumb, and I was think MacKenzie not McKenzie sorry for the dumb question.
It's all good. I make a lot of mistakes too. Any way we don't get many opposing fans posting here anyways.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Just a few more roster cuts to note. (alright they were already noted my bad)

August 26th - Desmond Sims (LB), Joe Porter (CB), Jason Fife (QB), Aaron Hosack (WR). Released.

August 28th - Jamaal Branch (RB), Jamal Jones (WR), Chris Hanson (P). Released.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:39 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Released today were:

LB Dhani Jones (I actually thought he had a legit chance of making the team)
Offensive linemen Ben Archibald, Brian Ferentz, and Rob Petitti
WR Derrick Doyle
TE Ronnie Ghent
Defensive linemen Rodney Leisle, Scott Scharff and Brandon Villarreal. (I like Villarreal. I hope he can be a practice squader).

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Well we cut 3/4th's of our Second Day Draft picks. Antonio Pittman, David Jones, and Marvin Mitchell were all waived today.

I didn't understand the Pittman pick on draft day, I reconsidered and forced myself to believe it had a purpose, but now I go back to scratching my head. We traded up to the upper half of the 4th round to Draft a Running back (a position we are already pretty stacked at) who slid, and then who goes on to get outperformed by an Undrafted Free Agent? Just seems like there were much better options in that situation.

Don't understand why we are keeping 4 Tight Ends. I thought we would've kept Evans, Chris Reis, Marvin Mitchell, David Jones, or Anton Palepoi.

With that aside the roster looks very solid, just have to continue putting faith in Payton.

Last edited by Auron : 09-02-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Pittman's talented. I'd imagine they thought he could be groomed and give them a lot more options on offense..like moving Reggie Bush outside and having Deuce and Pittman split in the backfield. It could've been very impressive..but I guess it didn't work out.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Pittman's talented. I'd imagine they thought he could be groomed and give them a lot more options on offense..like moving Reggie Bush outside and having Deuce and Pittman split in the backfield. It could've been very impressive..but I guess it didn't work out.
I don't think they could foresee an Undrafted guy like Pierre Thomas coming in and tearing it up. Pittman wasn't bad, it was just Pierre Thomas "earned" the spot much more.

I'd imagine a team who needs RB depth like Cinci, or Indy will snatch Pittman up and try to develop him.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Update: Saints announced the 7 players signed to their practice squad. Kevin Dudley, Willie Evans, Marvin Mitchell, Tyler Palko, Anwar Phillips, Chris Reis, and Tim Duckworth.

NewOrleansSaints.com
Quote:
The New Orleans Saints have signed seven players to their practice squad, it was announced by Head Coach Sean Payton following today’s practice.

The players signed were guard Tim Duckworth, fullback Kevin Dudley, defensive end Willie Evans, linebacker Marvin Mitchell, quarterback Tyler Palko, cornerback Anwar Phillips and safety Chris Reis.
Antonio Pittman was signed by the Rams, and David Jones was added to the Bengals roster.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

No surprise to see Pittman and Jones being picked up. But great news with Palko not signing elsewhere.

Signature made by me

Old 09-02-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we could have kept David Jones. After reading about him throughout camp and seeing how he was coming out of college, as well as being endorsed by Darrell Green, I felt like he could have really been a keeper.

I guess I'll see if I'm right, although he'll be with another team.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-08-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Saints agree to deal with DE Wynn
Posted by Mike Triplett, Times-Picayune Staff writer September 07, 2007 4:16PM
Categories: Saints

The Saints agreed to a one-year contract with veteran defensive end Renaldo Wynn, according to his agent, Peter Schaffer.
Wynn, a former first-round draft pick from Notre Dame, spent five years with the Jacksonville Jaguars and five years with the Washington Redskins before being released on the final cut-down day. The 6-foot-3, 296-pounder, who turned 33 last week, has 192 career tackles and 21.5 sacks.
Source: http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2007...with_de_w.html

No word on who's getting cut yet and nothing on neworleanssaints.com so I'll wait for that until I change the roster.

Signature made by me

Old 09-10-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Tyler Palko is apparently not even on the practice squad anymore...

Edit: Never mind ;)

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 09-22-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Default 2007 Rookie Watch Thread

Here is a good way to keep track on how our rookies are doing. I decided to only include the players that are still with the team, and I will of course keep it updated throughout the season.

NFL Draft Selection, Undrafted Free Agent

ACTIVE ROSTER
  • Andy Alleman (OG):
    0 games
  • Jermon Bushrod (OT):
    1 game
  • Robert Meachem (WR):
    0 games
  • Tyler Palko (QB):
    0 games
  • Pierre Thomas (RB):
    52 carries, 252 yards, 1 TD
    17 receptions, 151 yards, 1 TD
  • Usama Young (CB):
    25 tackles
  • Marvin Mitchell (LB):
    9 tackles

Source: http://www.nfl.com

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 05-11-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing Andy Alleman this year for Jamar Nesbit or Jahri Evans. I think shuffling the offensive line is in order with either Alleman taking over for Nesbit or Evans taking over for Nesbit and Alleman taking over for Evans.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Pierre Thomas and Deuce in the backfield together with Reggie split out in the slot.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-26-2007, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Well, now as Deuce is done for the year and Jason David is out 4-6 weeks we should be seeing more of Pierre Thomas and Usama Young.

Signature made by me

Old 09-27-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm merging this thread with the Saints roster thread.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-20-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great job as always, Sveen.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote