Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 07-20-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Wisconsin Badgers Football Discussion

Discuss the most amazing college here

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what are the predictions for Chad Henne? I believe that he'll have another solid season and slide into the late first round kinda like Jason Campbell a few years ago.

I can't wait for this year, Shawn Crable is gonna be a damn beast!!!

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
So what are the predictions for Chad Henne? I believe that he'll have another solid season and slide into the late first round kinda like Jason Campbell a few years ago.

I can't wait for this year, Shawn Crable is gonna be a damn beast!!!
This is Wisconsin Badgers Discussion, but we can talk any college football. I don't think Henne is a first round caliber QB. He doesn't have desired mobility or a very fundamental throwing form; you can say that about Philip Rivers, but Rivers was absolutely phenominal at NC State. I think Brain Brohm, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan, and maybe Eric Ainge are the QBs that will go in round 1. Henne will be in the next group with John David Booty and Sam Keller.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
This is Wisconsin Badgers Discussion, but we can talk any college football. I don't think Henne is a first round caliber QB. He doesn't have desired mobility or a very fundamental throwing form; you can say that about Philip Rivers, but Rivers was absolutely phenominal at NC State. I think Brain Brohm, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan, and maybe Eric Ainge are the QBs that will go in round 1. Henne will be in the next group with John David Booty and Sam Keller.
Henne is garbage :p

Old 07-20-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Hold on, Wisc said "Discuss the most amazing college here" so I did

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Travis Beckum a tightend or just a blocking wideout? He isn't very big (6'4 217) for a TE.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Is Travis Beckum a tightend or just a blocking wideout? He isn't very big (6'4 217) for a TE.
he's gotten much better at blocking.. I'd call him a tight-end if he was a wideout.. he wouldn't be lining up in the tight end slot..

Old 07-20-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fixed the title. I've been meaning to make one of these for awhile, but never got around to it. I'll make a state basketball one for Marquette, Wisconsin, UWM, etc. It'd get messy trying to discuss both sports in one thread.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

ok sounds good

Old 07-28-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The W
Yea, Wisconsin is tied with Nebraska for the 13th best college football program over the last decade. Not too shabby, thanks Barry!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

Quote:
Fifteen college football experts and analysts ranked all 119 Division I-A programs, taking into account record, traditions, recruiting, facilities, coaches, attendance and support, among other criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Badgers were predicted to be #2 in their division this year behind Michigan and ahead of Ohio State. Also over the last 3 years we are #1 in our division, ahead of Ohio and Michigan.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USA Today Pre-season #7

Old 08-18-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
The W
Yea, Wisconsin is tied with Nebraska for the 13th best college football program over the last decade. Not too shabby, thanks Barry!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

#1 was a good choice :p
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

less than a month till the opener against Washington State

Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i heard all the big ten games are gonna be on the big ten channel... not cool charter better get this chanel or im gonna be pissed. i spend saturdays watchin the badgers n then nfl preveiws for the next day..

anyway.. im predicting a big year for the badgers. donovan looks sharp n im sure pj hill will have another solid year even without joe thomas.
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
usmc0106
Rookie

usmc0106 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Has anyone heard that big john clay could be eligable this year still? I read it somewhere that he was taking summer classes and there was a possibility that he could be eligable
usmc0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc0106 View Post
Has anyone heard that big john clay could be eligable this year still? I read it somewhere that he was taking summer classes and there was a possibility that he could be eligable
I'm sure there's a chance he could be with the team this year but don't hold you breath.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

eh we'll be fine without him anyway PJ Hill and Lance Smith are good as is.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Badgers QB battle remains close

Posted: Friday August 17, 2007 10:01AM ET

With Wisconsin's season opener barely more than two weeks away, the race for the No. 1 quarterback position remains taut and entertaining. Will the winner be junior transfer Allan Evridge, who has yet to play a game at UW, or senior Tyler Donovan, who went 2-0 as a starter last season filling in for the injured John Stocco? The call here, albeit a close one with 11 scheduled practices left in camp, is that Evridge will emerge as the starter.

It will be interesting to see who comes out on top....

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The word I have heard about Clay is that he is eligible and now practicing with the team. I also believe all the stuff with Lance Smith was dropped down to misdemeanors, so hopefully he won't be missing any time. Looks like we will have the depth at RB that it looked like we would have after all!

One thing that should help whichever QB that is selected is that the rest of our offense should be able to support him. The O-line should be solid even with the loss of Thomas, we will always have the strong UW running game, and we have experienced people catching balls in Beckum, Swan, and Hubbard. Someone I would like to see emerge as a receiver is Lance Kendricks. He's got Hubbard's size but I think he is a little more athletic and hopefully he won't have Hubbard's problems with the dropsies.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's starting at Qb this year?

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Who's starting at Qb this year?
I think Donovan will take it.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think Donovan will take it.
I agree.. Donovan impressed me in the games he played last year. I think he could have started all the games instead of Stocco.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on how sophomore Scott Tolzien looks, or where he'll end up on the depth chart. Went to High School with him, he was really cool guy.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Any word on how sophomore Scott Tolzien looks, or where he'll end up on the depth chart. Went to High School with him, he was really cool guy.
I hate to say it, but it doesn't look like he'll ever get on the field for UW. He seems like a really bright guy and a type of guy you like on your team, but he has an uphill battle right now. Evridge is all but guaranteed the starting job next year. So his chance will come as a RS Jr. Unless there is a transfer he will have to prove himself over Dustin Sherer who has shown promise and will be a RS SR. then (most likely to transfer), James Stallons will be a RS So. (a Sorgi replica), and a highly touted incoming QB Curt Phillips (assuming he signs he'll be a RS FR or So.) who has already put up insane numbers in HS.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote