Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 01-10-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Shula?

There is some talk in KC that the Chiefs could go after Mike Shula for there open OC spot I would like to know how much credit you would give Mike for what David Garrard has done this year? He has a back ground with both Herm Edwards and our starting QB Brodie Croyle just would like to hear your thoughts thanks.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do go with a young OC then I think Shula should be the guy we get.Like you said he has a prion relation ship with Herm and Brodie.In fact at this point I get the feeling Shula is the guy otherwise why have'nt we talked to any other OC candidates
Old 01-10-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I would credit him with David Garrard's maturation level and his ability to put last season behind him...Mike Shula would be a great OC...and I'd hate to see him go but you'd be getting one helluva coach..
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Jags fan and an Alabama fan, so I'm aware of Mike's full coaching history in recent years.

Mike's coaching philosophy suits Herm Edwards perfectly. He's a conservative play-caller who leans on his run game. I can see why Herm would be interested in him.

He's really talented at developing young quarterbacks. He has a history of doing this, developing Croyle into a solid passer while he was at Alabama despite the fact that Brodie really only played about 1 3/4ths years due to injuries.

John Parker Wilson was a record-breaking QB under Shula's influence, and, non-coincidentally, he became very mediocre when Shula left this year.

Garrard this year was the greatest improvement of one player from one season to the next that I've ever seen. He better win the Comeback Player of the Year (comeback? Most Improved?).

If you like Herm's style--- and I know most of you don't--- you'll like Mike Shula as an offensive coach. Either way, his influence will be beneficial for Brodie.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard he was a bad OC in Tampa, but I think he's probably better with what he's now experienced.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote