Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Eagles Draft

Discuss it in this thread.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 364 days away!!! Honestly, I don't know who we would even pick...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at the moment we really don't have any big needs so it really is hard to say who we would take.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as it isn't Tim Tebow:D...

Old 04-27-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
As long as it isn't Tim Tebow:D...
We need Tebow!!!!!! He's awesome.

Eric Berry kthxbai.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
We need Tebow!!!!!! He's awesome.

Eric Berry kthxbai.
I hope to god you are joking about Tebow, we already have a FB;)...

Eric Berry will go too high for our pick, barring some crazy accident...

Old 04-28-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I hope to god you are joking about Tebow, we already have a FB;)...
I'm not. I think that Scott Loeffler will help Tebow a lot with his release, and he has enough raw talent to go in the first. Yeah yeah, his release is slow, he throwing motion sucks, blah blah blah. He also happens to have two NCs, a Heisman etc... He has 67 career TD passes with just 11 INT. I think that a year with Loeffler will do wonders for him. The guy wins, is a true leader and his character probably outweighs his talent, which is saying a lot.

Quote:
Eric Berry will go too high for our pick, barring some crazy accident...
Eric Berry is the type of player you trade up for.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not. I think that Scott Loeffler will help Tebow a lot with his release, and he has enough raw talent to go in the first. Yeah yeah, his release is slow, he throwing motion sucks, blah blah blah. He also happens to have two NCs, a Heisman etc... He has 67 career TD passes with just 11 INT. I think that a year with Loeffler will do wonders for him. The guy wins, is a true leader and his character probably outweighs his talent, which is saying a lot.

Eric Berry is the type of player you trade up for.
Maybe if Tebow starts showing more of those things this season I'll change my tune, but as of now, he is a no want in my book. Its not a knock on him as a player or person at all. As has been said billions of times, his intangibles are the best of anyone in the history of college football, and he is a natural born leader. I love those attributes. But as of now, there are at least 4 or 5 QBs I'd take over him.

I don't think any team has traded from 32 up to 1 before...;). Maybe the Eagles are the first. I love Eric Berry, and if Sean Jones doesn't pan out, I'd love him as a pick, I just think its very unlikely we are in a postion to draft him.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the only position I can see becoming a big need for us next year is RT because I do not trust Stacy Andrews there at all. Maybe he will do well there this season, but I definitely think he has one of the better chances to underperform at his position. There should be plenty of good tackle prospects available next year.

Another possibility is safety. Sean Jones is not a long term solution, and we should be able to tell definitively whether Quentin Demps is the future at FS. If the team doesn't bring back Jones and isn't sold on Demps, then a player such as Taylor Mays would be really attractive.

The third possibility as I see it is at CB. Sheldon Brown will most likely be gone after this season which will leave us with Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, and Ellis Hobbs who is already complaining about not making enough money. I do not trust Hobbs at all for one because he was a Patriot, and two because he's complaining this early. If the worst case scenario played out and Sheldon and Hobbs are gone then I could see us going CB since I like Joselio at nickelback much more than as a starter.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Well, the only position I can see becoming a big need for us next year is RT because I do not trust Stacy Andrews there at all. Maybe he will do well there this season, but I definitely think he has one of the better chances to underperform at his position. There should be plenty of good tackle prospects available next year.

Another possibility is safety. Sean Jones is not a long term solution, and we should be able to tell definitively whether Quentin Demps is the future at FS. If the team doesn't bring back Jones and isn't sold on Demps, then a player such as Taylor Mays would be really attractive.

The third possibility as I see it is at CB. Sheldon Brown will most likely be gone after this season which will leave us with Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, and Ellis Hobbs who is already complaining about not making enough money. I do not trust Hobbs at all for one because he was a Patriot, and two because he's complaining this early. If the worst case scenario played out and Sheldon and Hobbs are gone then I could see us going CB since I like Joselio at nickelback much more than as a starter.
Depending on how well Akeem Jordan does this season, I think WILL could be a position of need, but we typically don't address LB early. I agree about RT, but with Herremans and Shawn all capable of playing there, I doubt we go RT early. I agree on safety, it depends on what the team does with Sean Jones and how they feel about Demps. Personally, I think the team will be more than fine with either combination. I doubt CB is addressed early unless Hobbs isn't re-signed and Sheldon is traded. Asante is still here and we've got Hanson (who I agree is best suited as a Nickel) and Ike, who the coaches seem to love. I'm not sure they love him enough to not take a CB early though, especially since CB is one of the priority positions.

If Kolb gets any time and doesn't perform well, I wouldn't rule out the team doing away with that experiment.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:52 AM    (permalink
JackieDan
Rookie

JackieDan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What picks have we got next year? I lost track of what we traded for in the draft.
JackieDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

We got Seattle's 3rd and 5th I believe. Can't remember if we got anything else.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
We got Seattle's 3rd and 5th I believe. Can't remember if we got anything else.
We also got either New Orleans or Indy's 6th, cant remember who. And we have that comnditional for Lito from the Jets.

That conditional, it ranges from a 4th to a 2nd, right?

Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Tim Tebow in midnight green, please god, please.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me a RB! I love LeSean and Westy but Westy is giving out and McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a two back system system. Jonathan Dwyer, Evan Royster, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott please!

Last edited by Thumper : 04-27-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a system.
I don't get it. McCoy is in the best system for him.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol meant to say two back system where there is a guy who can pound the defense and then he steps in and just burns them.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
lol meant to say two back system where there is a guy who can pound the defense and then he steps in and just burns them.
I see. I agree with that. I think he's going to have a big year (for a backup) this year. An early prediction from me is 800 total yards and 9 TD.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I see. I agree with that. I think he's going to have a big year (for a backup) this year. An early prediction from me is 800 total yards and 9 TD.
I'd agree with that. At first I say the 800 and thought no way he rushes for that much, but 800 rushing+receiving yards is easily within the realm of possibilities. I think it could even be more if Westy would miss a game or two. 9 TDs might be a little much though. He is money in goal line situations though, so maybe 9 is possible.

I predict he will have one totally monster game this season, bordering 100 rushing yards and 75 receiving yards, and will total 3 TDs.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This is his best system, but I think he means that McCoy will benefit from having his touches split. I wouldn't mind another RB early, unless McCoy shows us something crazy and we wouldn't need it, but I certainly wouldn't put RB high on the priority list. Another RB would be more for when Westy leaves and the two (future RB and McCoy) could split touches, thus getting the max out of both of them.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Give me a RB! I love LeSean and Westy but Westy is giving out and McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a two back system system. Jonathan Dwyer, Evan Royster, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott please!
I love Evan Royster! as a PSU fan I've seen every game and this kid is going to be a great RB in the NFL. He won't time exceptionally fast, he may not even test out as a freak, but this kid is a flat out player, and will be a great RB. He would compliment McCoy well, but I doubt we go RB early, which is where Royster will go, assuming he declares. We won't address Rb early two years in a row, unless there is some crazy situation.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Noel Devine FTW!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Dr. Greenthumb
Rookie

Dr. Greenthumb needs more cowbell.

It's hard to tell at this point but right now I'd say it looks like linebacker might be a need, possibly interior offensive lineman or safety. Sean Weatherspoon, Rico McCoy, and Eric Barry all come to mind.
Dr. Greenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greenthumb View Post
It's hard to tell at this point but right now I'd say it looks like linebacker might be a need, possibly interior offensive lineman or safety. Sean Weatherspoon, Rico McCoy, and Eric Barry all come to mind.
I'd agree to an extent on LB, but it'd have to be a WLB, which Weatherspoon would be a great fit there, not sure he'd be a great fit in our system as a WLB though, but I think he can be an OK fit. I could see interior OL, but it isn't a huge need, we have Shawn, Todd, MJG, Cole, Jackson, and McGlynn there, though if either Shawn or Herremans were moved to RT, I could see it as a possibility.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Woah, why isn't this stickied?

Anyways, with the acquisition of Will Witherspoon I don't think that WLB is a premier need anymore, the Eagles no longer need someone who can come in right away. Instead they can have someone who is talented but raw come in from the middle rounds and groom them behind Witherspoon/Jordan for two years. Also with Stewart Bradley coming back MLB won't be a need and Chris Gocong is IMO gone in free agency so SLB might be the spot that needs the most help but the Eagles are really high on Moises Fokou the rookie out of Maryland.

IMO the premier need is DL, the reason the linebackers look questionable so much is because there are so many blitzes and there are blitzes because the front 4 cannot get consistent pressure on the QB, Trent Cole can but no one else can. The Eagles really need a LE who can rush the passer and I've got my eyes set on Derrick Morgan out of Georgia Tech who plays just like Justin Tuck.

Also on my radar on offense is Trent Williams who is falling because he struggles with speed, but he is a perfect fit on the right side of the line which is where the Eagles need a lot of help and he has the speed to stick with Tuck and the power to withstand his bull rush, he is the top RT in the draft and luckily for the Eagles right tackles never go very high unless your name is Jeff Otah or Gosder, both of whom IMO are much more powerful than Williams.

I would also really like to get a power back and I really like Toby Gerhart out of Stanford as the power back the Eagles should grab. And with Jason Avant possibly heading into free agency the Eagles might need a new slot receiver and I like Blair White and Eric Decker for that spot, and both of them have potential to play outside as well but I like them inside where they can use their size and strength to outmuscle smaller nickel corners.