Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which school?

Arizona, Arkansas, Buffalo State, Clarkson, Clemson, Cornell, Iowa State, Juniata College, Kansas, New Mexico, North Carolina at Wilmington, Northern Arizona, Northern Iowa, Iowa, Ohio, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Wisconsin at Madison, Wisconsin at Platteville, Western Washington.

So what's the common denominator within this list of schools i hear you say? Well these are the schools that my university has exchange programs with.

I'm in the middle of applying as we speak and I've come to the point where i have to list my preferences and i figured who else to ask but the trusted SWDC community!

Now ignore financial issues as i'll be paying the same school fees as i pay here so that is of no concern, the only expenses i'll be paying are accomodation, food etc. The main idea of this 6 month extravaganza is to get excessively drunk, scrape by and pass my classes and just enjoy 6 months of proper college life.

Alright SWDC, lets see where i'm going

EDIT: just read that Wisconsin at Madison and Virginia don't take my major, so they're out

Last edited by 7-11 : 05-20-2009 at 01:36 AM.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Va Tech and Virginia are beautiful campuses. I have friends at both that really enjoy it.

Juniata is small. Like really small. My cousin went there. Also in the middle of nowhere (20 min from where I go to school)

I've heard good things about Wisconsin (at madison) from a friend.

If you want to party USA style I'd recommend Wisconsin, South Carolina, or Clemson. Of course this is just what I hear from friends or friends of friends.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
mav91
Rookie

mav91 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i go to south carolina..it is a fun time but out of your choices nothing to spectacular..clemson would probably be a no go as well
mav91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav91 View Post
i go to south carolina..it is a fun time but out of your choices nothing to spectacular..clemson would probably be a no go as well
Yeah i was hoping for a much better list when i started this process. Can't really complain but, my school will be paying for the airfares etc.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cornell is ivy league

north carolina is a very good school

va tech is a good engineering school

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just stay out of Ohio.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:41 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Just stay out of Ohio.
True that...the campus is gorgeous, but the town is extremely boring. I'm pretty happy I decided to go with OSU over OU. There is like a store and a bar in Athens and that is about it.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what is your major

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
what is your major
Economics. Not really concerned with how good the school is in relation to academics but, i wouldn't be going if that was my concern. mainly going to have fun
Old 05-20-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard good things about Western Washington. I know a decent number of people there. Especially good if you like to get high. I also know a girl that goes to Northern Arizona. She didn't seem to really like it.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NAU(Flagstaff) has a lot of hippies and UofA(Tucson) has a lot of people who drive rice burners

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
mav91
Rookie

mav91 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh yeah don't get me wrong it is a good list..and south carolina is a good choice if you are interested in international business
mav91 is offline   Reply With Quote
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nothing beats a big 10 football game! id strongly consider UW
Old 05-20-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
The main idea of this 6 month extravaganza is to get excessively drunk, scrape by and pass my classes and just enjoy 6 months of proper college life.
Well if thats the case..Ohio is your best bet. According to the Princeton Review Ohio ranks 5th in Top Party Schools. They are 18th according to playboy U.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Well if thats the case..Ohio is your best bet. According to the Princeton Review Ohio ranks 5th in Top Party Schools. They are 18th according to playboy U.
I think they say "O-U OH YEAH!"
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should've made it a poll. I'm not saying you should go to Arizona, but out of that list, it's the one that immediately stuck out to me.
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Should've made it a poll. I'm not saying you should go to Arizona, but out of that list, it's the one that immediately stuck out to me.
maybe cause it was first :D
Old 05-20-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
maybe cause it was first :D
Yup, looking back on that comment now I feel like I phrased that pretty moronically.

But you get what I'm sayin'. :p
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go to Northern Arizona so I can get you into games.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
TimD
All-Pro

id make a poll with the following:

Arizona
Clemson
North Carolina at Wilmington
Iowa
Ohio
South Carolina
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Wisconsin at Madison
Western Washington

(i've also heard things about Iowa from a friend who visited another friend there)
Old 05-20-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
id make a poll with the following:

Arizona
Clemson
North Carolina at Wilmington
Iowa
Ohio
South Carolina
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Wisconsin at Madison
Western Washington

(i've also heard things about Iowa from a friend who visited another friend there)
Yeah but then people might start choosing on the basis of academics and gross things like that, Just want to hear personal accounts of peoples experiences with these schools really
Old 05-20-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Yeah but then people might start choosing on the basis of academics and gross things like that, Just want to hear personal accounts of peoples experiences with these schools really
i see what you mean. but i think most users on here would choose based on partying if you labelled that in the poll title. you don't have to im just kinda interested to see what people think haha
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UW-Platville so u can be like me and be in the UW school system.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
UW-Platville so u can be like me and be in the UW school system.
don't let sniper hear you say you don't go to a "main" campus. he'll give you **** for going to UW's "juco"

that pissed me off when he called my school a joke. penn state altoona has higher standards than most of the schools in the US and i get a Penn state degree. plus ill be at upark junior year.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
don't let sniper hear you say you don't go to a "main" campus. he'll give you **** for going to UW's "juco"

that pissed me off when he called my school a joke. penn state altoona has higher standards than most of the schools in the US and i get a Penn state degree. plus ill be at upark junior year.
I know, even though we just had a vote to change our name to University of Milwaukee. It failed miserably: I voted against the name change because some felt UW-M looks like a ***** of Madison. We will always kinda be Madison's *****, but u know what? I don't care. UW-system, or UM-something, or Penn St. Altoona are fine places of great place of higher education. Just cuz we may not have huge sports programs, or aren't noticed for certain things does not mean we are "bad" schools.