Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 05-22-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Washington Nationals thread

I figured this would be a place where HChu and I can talk about the Nationals.

Anyone else like/follow the Nats?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strasburg/Zimmerman/Martis/Lannan/anyone.

Makings of a great young rotation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Strasburg/Zimmerman/Martis/Lannan/anyone.

Makings of a great young rotation.
Detweiler looked impressive in his debut on Monday also
Old 05-22-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Currently the Nationals have 4 rookies in their starting rotation in Detweiler, Zimmermann, Martis, and Craig Stammen. Ridiculous
Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I forgot about Detwiler. If they do things right they can definitely be competing for the NL East in 2 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got an internship in the fox sports department! Its sick all I do is watch sports and nats especially. We got a nice young offense but the bullpen is irrepareable this year. Expect more losses from the Nubinals.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

If anyone ever wants to go to a game, hit me up. I can get us field level for upper deck prices
Old 05-22-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I wonder if the Nats will ever consider moving some of these talented starters to the bullpen
Old 05-22-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if Cabrera ever decides to just unleash his stuff rather than try to pinpoint locations, he could be a serviceable reliever for the Nats. Hey, anything could an improvement to Kip Wells right? Right? Dear God...

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
I think if Cabrera ever decides to just unleash his stuff rather than try to pinpoint locations, he could be a serviceable reliever for the Nats. Hey, anything could an improvement to Kip Wells right? Right? Dear God...
I actually liked Mock but the team felt otherwise obviously
Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I actually liked Mock but the team felt otherwise obviously
Yeah, Mock was on a really short leash. But I think with time, he'll be a pretty good 6th/7th inning guy.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ah, Daniel Cabrera, the years and years I wasted thinking that guy could one day unleash that potential, sigh........

Great game tonight though guys, it was fun to watch some competitive baseball after being raped by the Skanks.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Ah, Daniel Cabrera, the years and years I wasted thinking that guy could one day unleash that potential, sigh........

Great game tonight though guys, it was fun to watch some competitive baseball after being raped by the Skanks.
Yeah, I know I'm dreaming that he can do something, but I have to hope for something. Hope the O's are ready for the sexiness of Ross Detweiler.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I know I'm dreaming that he can do something, but I have to hope for something. Hope the O's are ready for the sexiness of Ross Detweiler.
Oh we are ready, but are you ready to handle the sexiness that is...

KOJI UEHARA! I think not :)

BTW Jordan Zimermann is ******* awesome, I (and Former Oriole great and current Oriole announcer Jim Palmer) have a huge boner for him.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

I agree though with Acta, that with just an average bullpen we could easily have 20-25 wins.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Who do you think is gone at the deadline? I think Nick Johnson will be gone, Tavarez and Biemel will probably both be gone for a PTBNL or cash. Kearns will probably be exchanged for another monster contract. Other than that I don't see much.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Who do you think is gone at the deadline? I think Nick Johnson will be gone, Tavarez and Biemel will probably both be gone for a PTBNL or cash. Kearns will probably be exchanged for another monster contract. Other than that I don't see much.
I'd love for them to trade an OF to clear room for Justin Maxwell to stay up on the team
Old 05-22-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd love for them to trade an OF to clear room for Justin Maxwell to stay up on the team
Maxwell looks like he could be good, I think Dukes is gone. He and Manny just don't see eye to eye, and there are reports that he's just a clubhouse cancer. It's a shame though because he has so much potential.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm just jealous of the young pitching you have and will have soon. I really can't get past that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Martis really flies under the radar. I saw him against the Mets last year in September and he really impressed me. I thought his stuff was great and so far he's done pretty well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

I am not ready for Uehara.

Zimmermann is amazing. I've had a boner for him for a while.

Martis is our most underrated starter, his stuff is pretty nasty when he's on.

Question: What will you do if the Nats cannot reach an agreement with Strasburg?

BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
I am not ready for Uehara.

Zimmermann is amazing. I've had a boner for him for a while.

Martis is our most underrated starter, his stuff is pretty nasty when he's on.

Question: What will you do if the Nats cannot reach an agreement with Strasburg?
If the Nats can't sign Strasburg they might as well move the team back to Montreal.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Quote:
If the Nats can't sign Strasburg they might as well move the team back to Montreal.
Or just contract us.

I'm interested more though in who we take with #10. If Crow slips, there are rumors we'd pick him again. Or there's Tanner Scheppers, who the Pirates weren't able to sign.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I know you don't draft for need but I don't think it's a good idea to take Strasburg and then another SP who is going to move into the majors soon. Is there a thing as too much young pitching? haha

sig by BoneKrusher