Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-26-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Twitter

If you have seen my sig, you know that I am now addicted to Twitter.

Anyone else on it? Thoughts? Feelings?

I'll be honest, I was pretty anti-Twitter, it was a head scratcher for me as to why people would use it and what it does. As I was repondering this, I thought, maybe this is that point when I start resisting new fads/technology and become an "old person." So, I tried it out. Did it throughout my trip to New York, and it was fun. It was pretty uplifting to be honest.

It seems to only be getting more popular, so I am enjoying it. Just wondering if anyone else is anti-Twitter/using it themselves?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still in the facebook stage. Isn't twitter the same thing as updating your status on facebook? I don't know, I've never used Twitter...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
If you have seen my sig, you know that I am now addicted to Twitter.

Anyone else on it? Thoughts? Feelings?

I'll be honest, I was pretty anti-Twitter, it was a head scratcher for me as to why people would use it and what it does. As I was repondering this, I thought, maybe this is that point when I start resisting new fads/technology and become an "old person." So, I tried it out. Did it throughout my trip to New York, and it was fun. It was pretty uplifting to be honest.

It seems to only be getting more popular, so I am enjoying it. Just wondering if anyone else is anti-Twitter/using it themselves?
I think it's dumb except for following your favorite athletes/famous people.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twitter hasn't really blown up in Canada yet.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Twitter hasn't really blown up in Canada yet.
Be the one.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you attention ***** Jbond. Why are you telling people everything you do? Worse there are people who want to know what you do?

Yes i'm anti-twitter..i said it.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Social networking . . .

is great when there's a point.

NFL . . . er, I mean SWDC = social networking based on a shared interest. Great stuff. Every forum I frequent is based on something that is a hobby/interest or other social/recreational pastime. I love them. Hell, I'll throw in business networking sites like LinkedIn & Ryze. There's a point - but go beyond that and it gets downright silly.

Facebook, MySpace and sites like it are pointless drivel.

Twitter seems to be of the same ilk. Following the personal lives of atheletes, celebs, or anyone else that closely is . . . disturbing . . . to me.

I don't really care what your **** looked like this morning JBond. Stop trying to update me on your stool.

:D

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Social networking . . .

is great when there's a point.

NFL . . . er, I mean SWDC = social networking based on a shared interest. Great stuff. Every forum I frequent is based on something that is a hobby/interest or other social/recreational pastime. I love them. Hell, I'll throw in business networking sites like LinkedIn & Ryze. There's a point - but go beyond that and it gets downright silly.

Facebook, MySpace and sites like it are pointless drivel.

Twitter seems to be of the same ilk. Following the personal lives of atheletes, celebs, or anyone else that closely is . . . disturbing . . . to me.

I don't really care what your **** looked like this morning JBond. Stop trying to update me on your stool.

:D
Facebook isn't pointless drivel at all. It's a great way to keep in touch with friends from high school, geographically distant relatives, and sharing photos. It's lost some of its primary uses with the stupid applications and stuff, but I still really enjoy using it and it's a great time killer

Maybe you just don't have enough friends on there.. ;)

Last edited by djp : 05-26-2009 at 04:07 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Facebook isn't pointless drivel at all. It's a great way to keep in touch with friends from high school, geographically distant relatives, and sharing photos. It's lost some of its primary uses with the stupid applications and stuff, but I still really enjoy using it and it's a great time killer
Agreed. I use it for the quick Hi's and seeing what people are up to.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use it but I only follow people. I have never used it to say what I am doing.

I am currently following 12 people (Minnesota Vikings, Chip Scoggins (Vikings Writer), Access Vikings from Star Tribune, Chris Mortensen, Rich Eisen, Sidney Rice, Drew Rosenhaus, Judd Zulgad (Vikings Writer), Mark Sanchez, Terrell Owens, Sportscenter and Percy Harvin.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im on Twitter, dont get on very often though
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it all depends what it is used for. I like to think of it as kind of a running online journal. It is nice to do some type of things on there, connect with people and see what is on their mind.

Likewise, you not only update what you are doing, but it is a way for an interaction of what others are doing/thinking.

For example, there are a group of guys doing a Mock Fantasy Football Draft, so I have been commenting on it and interacting with them as they pick.

Likewise, it is something you can easily update as you go. Some of those thoughts you have that are fleeting as time goes on can be documented. Whether people want to know about me or not, I don't care, I am having fun with it :D

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Facebook>twitter, but I can see how it is useful for celebs. I actually broke down and got one, I only follow Cassadee Pope from Hey Monday. She is freaking bangin'.

Last edited by locseti : 05-26-2009 at 04:19 PM.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Facebook>twitter, but I can see how it is useful for celebs. I actually broke down and got one, I only follow Cassadee Pope from Hey Monday. She is freaking bangin'.
Barely legal FTW.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
good band d('-'d)

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post

Maybe you just don't have enough friends on there.. ;)
lol. I'm the one that everyone keeps asking "how are you not on there?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Agreed. I use it for the quick Hi's and seeing what people are up to.
You are both likely in the very small percentage of people using it for keeping in touch. My fiancee does that with Myspace b/c she lived in Salt Lake for years so it helped her find people again when she moved.

But I'm old school. I have kept in touch with everyone I wanted to keep in touch with. Phones, email, video links on line, etc. - they all work better than a random page that provides little direct interaction.

If we haven't kept in touch by phone, email or any other method then facebook, myspace, or twitter become one more medium where we can lose touch. What's the big deal?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I think it all depends what it is used for. I like to think of it as kind of a running online journal. It is nice to do some type of things on there, connect with people and see what is on their mind.

Likewise, you not only update what you are doing, but it is a way for an interaction of what others are doing/thinking.

For example, there are a group of guys doing a Mock Fantasy Football Draft, so I have been commenting on it and interacting with them as they pick.

Likewise, it is something you can easily update as you go. Some of those thoughts you have that are fleeting as time goes on can be documented. Whether people want to know about me or not, I don't care, I am having fun with it :D
why not just buy yourself a digital audio recorder? They're not that expensive and serve the same purpose without the attention whoring?
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
why not just buy yourself a digital audio recorder? They're not that expensive and serve the same purpose without the attention whoring?
Quote:

Digital Audio Recorders can't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Digital Audio Recorders can't do that.
facebook can.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
facebook can.
Not really. And not in an organized fashion either. I got TweetDeck yesterday, and it really is a nice interface to separate everything. I enjoy it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You dont even need to be on twitter to read people's stuff. Just use RSS feeds.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You dont even need to be on twitter to read people's stuff. Just use RSS feeds.
People still use RSS?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have a twitter

i mostly use it to follow webcomic artists

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I actually have to make a Twitter account next semester for one of my classes. I am not really looking forward to that, TBH.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i guess you could call me anti-twitter. I dont really have a disgust for it, i just dont see the point of telling the world what you are doing on a 24/7 scale. Im fine with just fb status...
then again, ill probably end up getting one....cross my finger that i dont

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote