Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-05-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink

Mavs Vs Heat
Breakdown:

Pg:Harris Vs. Williams Push both are very inconsistant and that makes it a toss up

Sg:Wade Vs. Terry, Wade wins here.

Sf:Howard Vs. Posey..... I think this is a push.

PF: Mavericks, Dirk or Haslem, Walker..... Dirk i think

C:Heat, Do i have to expalin

Coach: Push, Riley may be the wiley old coach but Avery is the young buck who has yet to buckle under the pressure

Depth: Dallas wins this. Bringing KVH, Stackhouse, Daniels, Dampier, Armstrong and Griffin off the Bench far out ways The Glove, Zo and Haslem or Walker.

I am going to say this series will go 6 with the Mavs winning. More to come later.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink

Heat.
CAN YOU STOP SHAQ?
Old 06-05-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard will be the key to the series.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Howard will be the key to the series.
For the Mavericks...he could be offset by the big three...Posey, Walker, Williams...it will come down to these players for Miami to win it all.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mavs EASY

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42
Heat.
CAN YOU STOP SHAQ?

hahahahah....no need to stop him. He will not beat us all by himself.

This series is going to be over in 6. Dallas already beat the best team in the NBA...and then beat a team that did not matchup well with them. Dallas, say hello to your first of many rings to come! 8) Dallas is better and deeper. And have the best coach going in the NBA right now...
Old 06-05-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42
Heat.
CAN YOU STOP SHAQ?

hahahahah....no need to stop him. He will not beat us all by himself.

This series is going to be over in 6. Dallas already beat the best team in the NBA...and then beat a team that did not matchup well with them. Dallas, say hello to your first of many rings to come! 8)
Of course DWade is there to help.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:39 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mavs got too many guys that can go off for 20+. The Heat will have a harder time clamping down than the Mavs will.

Mavs in 6. I wanna see 7 though....
Old 06-05-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Maroney22

tell me whose gonna guard Shaq. Tell me. Shaq will go crazy and Dwayne Wade will be Dwayne Wade. Heat win
Old 06-05-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People say "Who's gonna guard Shaq" like he's undefeated in every playoff game, ever. Shaq will not score 100+ points by himself. As long as Dallas doesn't double, Shaq won't be able to pass to an open man and get everyone else involved.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Miami to win so GP can get a ring. And Shaq getting another would be cool too.

That said, i think Dallas will win.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Maroney22

they will double. If they dont double he might not score 100, but he will score 40. And they also have this guy named Dwayne Wade, hes pretty good. With Jason Williams and Antoine Walker shooting from the outside, Wade penetrating, and Shaq just being the monster that he is i dont see the mavs winning this sereis
Old 06-05-2006, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroney22
they will double. If they dont double he might not score 100, but he will score 40. And they also have this guy named Dwayne Wade, hes pretty good. With Jason Williams and Antoine Walker shooting from the outside, Wade penetrating, and Shaq just being the monster that he is i dont see the mavs winning this sereis
oh please....this is silly. I think you need to step back and look at these teams form a NON HOMER point of view. The two best teams in the league were Spurs and Mavs period. Hell, if it was the Spurs Vs Heat it would be the Spurs taking this series as well. 8)
Old 06-05-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Maroney22

Quote:
Quote:
oh please....this is silly. I think you need to step back and look at these teams form a NON HOMER point of view. The two best teams in the league were Spurs and Mavs period. Hell, if it was the Spurs Vs Heat it would be the Spurs taking this series as well. 8)

uhhh... ok being that im a Timberwolves fan and have been cheering for the mavs the whole way through i dont really get your homer statement. This series has absolutely nothing to do with who you think are the 2 best teams in the league. The fact is the Spurs arent in the finals and the Heat are. And the matchups just dont stack up well for the Mavs.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

uhhh... ok being that im a Timberwolves fan and have been cheering for the mavs the whole way through i dont really get your homer statement. This series has absolutely nothing to do with who you think are the 2 best teams in the league. The fact is the Spurs arent in the finals and the Heat are. And the matchups just dont stack up well for the Mavs.
Welp guess your the only expert that does not see this going the Mavs way. We will have to wait and see.....
Old 06-05-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Maroney22

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Welp guess your the only expert that does not see this going the Mavs way. We will have to wait and see.....
Dont remeber ever calling myself an expert.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The key to the series is going to be Devin Harris. But, Dallas should win. They have the better SG, SF, PF, and coach. Fans are probably louder too. But, I wouldn't count Shaq out in the Finals.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:00 AM    (permalink

wade will bring the championship trophy to miami for the first time
Old 06-06-2006, 12:04 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD
Mavs EASY
Old 06-06-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by thah0ward2
C:Heat, Do i have to expalin

Coach: Push, Riley may be the wiley old coach but Avery is the young

DeSagana Diop is sweet, now there no way he better then O'neal. But come on atleast but his name up there. In the playoff, is doing really really good.

wasn't avery coach of the year????
Old 06-06-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look below.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Vespasian
Veteran

Vespasian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not that I really care who wins but I voted for the Mavs because I can't stand Shaq.

Sig by Raiderfan_89
Vespasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:35 AM    (permalink
swangaz

I'm leaning towards dallas, because of two things Depth and Cersatility.

Dallas has shows that they can play at a 80 point, 90 point, 100 point and 120 point pace, and can adjust to their opponet. We saw them play at that high pace against San Antonio, because of San Antonio's inability to beat the Mavs that way, and we saw them grind it out against Pheonix, because that exposed Pheonix's thin roster.

They also have the best depth in the league, they have a ton of guys who can step in and contribute at anytime especially from 1-3 positions, and we saw how they were able to use their depth from keeping the Suns to blowing their lead even more when all the Mavs starters were in trouble.

Also look for the X factor in this series for my Mavs to be J-Ho, as we are undefeated this year(including postseason) when he scores 20. Dirk has shown now that he can be a clutch performer and has won a game or two for us in each round this year. Jt is also coming up big and is a great shooter, and if he's hot, he;s on ******* fire, and can start to heat up at antime eveident at the fact that he blew up in the second half in game 6 in pheonix. him and Harris aer going to have to minimize their driving to the hoop though, because of the fact that Zo and Shaq and Haslem will kill those layups
Old 06-06-2006, 12:44 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by swangaz

Dallas has shows that they can play at a 80 point, 90 point, 100 point and 120 point pace, and can adjust to their opponet. We saw them play at that high pace against San Antonio, because of San Antonio's inability to beat the Mavs that way, and we saw them grind it out against Pheonix, because that exposed Pheonix's thin roster.

They also have the best depth in the league, they have a ton of guys who can step in and contribute at anytime especially from 1-3 positions, and we saw how they were able to use their depth from keeping the Suns to blowing their lead even more when all the Mavs starters were in trouble.

Also look for the X factor in this series for my Mavs to be J-Ho, as we are undefeated this year(including postseason) when he scores 20. Dirk has shown now that he can be a clutch performer and has won a game or two for us in each round this year. Jt is also coming up big and is a great shooter, and if he's hot, he;s on *********** fire, and can start to heat up at antime eveident at the fact that he blew up in the second half in game 6 in pheonix. him and Harris aer going to have to minimize their driving to the hoop though, because of the fact that Zo and Shaq and Haslem will kill those layups
I read an article by Dr. Jack Ramsey and he syas that driving and creating foul trouble is where Dallas is strong. He also says Howard will give Wade fits and that the Mavs are SO much quicker than the Heat that it will be a major problem.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Maroney22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thah0ward2
Quote:
Originally Posted by swangaz

Also look for the X factor in this series for my Mavs to be J-Ho, as we are undefeated this year(including postseason) when he scores 20. Dirk has shown now that he can be a clutch performer and has won a game or two for us in each round this year. Jt is also coming up big and is a great shooter, and if he's hot, he;s on *********** fire, and can start to heat up at antime eveident at the fact that he blew up in the second half in game 6 in pheonix. him and Harris aer going to have to minimize their driving to the hoop though, because of the fact that Zo and Shaq and Haslem will kill those layups
I read an article by Dr. Jack Ramsey and he syas that driving and creating foul trouble is where Dallas is strong. He also says Howard will give Wade fits and that the Mavs are SO much quicker than the Heat that it will be a major problem.

Wade is much quicker than Howard i think he'll be able to score.