Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default T.J. Housh on the trading block

via Rotoworld

Quote:
NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that the Seahawks are actively trying to trade T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
Good luck. A poor fit for new OC Jeremy Bates' vertical offense, Housh turns 33 later this month and is due a $7 million base salary. The only way Seattle could move him is if Houshmandzadeh agreed to a pay cut. Surely that's not happening because the $7 million is fully guaranteed. Outside of perhaps St. Louis and Cleveland, the Seahawks' receiver corps is shaping up as one of the weakest in the league. Vincent Jackson should still be in their radar. Sep. 2 - 4:48 pm et
I prayed for the Vikings to get him two years ago. Usually people are hoping for their team to LAND free agents, not to get chosen over... well this is why. One of the worst signings I've ever seen and we all called bust when it was made so it's not surprising it turned out like this... GM Tim Ruskell thought going after the most high profile player of that FA class would save his job even though no one in that class deserved any real money. Ruskell obviously was fired by midseason.

I'd take a 5th, but would prefer a 4th. His contract is huge and he's old. Terribly stupid signing... wow.

Ask the Chargers if they'd take him and a pick for V-Jax.

Bengals can't use him. Steelers won't pay him. Dolphins? Skins? Vikes?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though he obviously doesn't fit, and was slightly overrated when he was a free agent, Housh is still by far their best offensive weapon. I hope they do trade him.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Even though he obviously doesn't fit, and was slightly overrated when he was a free agent, Housh is still by far their best offensive weapon. I hope they do trade him.
I think their best offensive weapon is John Carlson myself...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I think their best offensive weapon is John Carlson myself...
I'm Team Forsett
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I'm Team Forsett
DUDE THANK YOU

God forsett is by far the best ******* running back on the team.

2009 SEA 16Games 114 attempts 619 yards 5.4 average 4TDS

The guys averaging 5.4 per carry get him the damn football

he also had 41Rec 350Yards

He has so much more heart then anyone else on that team, hopefully pete will see that and get that kid his shot.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I'm Team Forsett
hell yeah. was pissed that the seahawks got him :/

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
hell yeah. was pissed that the seahawks got him :/
Seahawks drafted him, then cut him. Then the colts signed him and then cut him. Then the seahawks resigned him.. not like you didnt have a shot at it lol
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I highly doubt he's their best offensive weapons. He's been overrated for a very long time now and I always got a good laugh out of people acting like he was the better WR in Cincy even though he never saw a single double team. His numbers were below average last year, and I think John Carlson, Golden Tate, hell even Mike Williams would be better options this year.

TJ isn't a bad 1st down guy, but in terms of what I consider a "weapon", it's not a slow 33 year old WR whose been averaging 10 yards per catch since 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. If he's a bad fit for their offense he'd probably be a bad fit in San Diego too.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahahahaha. Good choice TJ.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

Leon Washington is the best weapon and they Seahawks actually have more receivers (and prospects) than people realize. Losing Housh would not hurt this team and would allow Golden Tate to learn on the job, which is the best way to develop.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. lol

And him going to Seattle prompted us even more to draft Harvin that offseason.

So thanks TJ!
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do love me some Golden Tate.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

UPDATE

Quote:
According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, it's "believed" the Seahawks are trying to part with T.J. Houshmandzadeh in an effort to clear salary space for Vincent Jackson.
It's an honorable idea. The Seahawks are highly unlikely to find a trade partner for Houshmandzadeh, but theoretically could release the declining veteran to get the rest of his contract off the books. They'd still be on the hook for Housh's $7 million guaranteed salary, of course, but Seattle owner Paul Allen has deep pockets. If he wants a better chance to win, he'll do it.
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
Related: Seahawks
So maybe it's possible that SD and SEA have worked out compensation for V-Jax (and most likely a new contract) and the Hawks are trying to keep everything tight-lipped so that other teams don't realize they are just going to release Housh anyway.

Paul Allen would likely take the hit in this uncapped year.

It's a good move, but why the **** did they wait this long to think of it? Now Jackson would come in with no experience with Hasselbeck in week one.

Did they just realize last week that Housh wasn't that good? ****.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he gets traded.
My WR bench is weak. I'll scoop G.Tate right up!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Housh would be welcomed in Oakland..DHB is improving but a veteran would be great.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be great if he was traded to clear room for Jackson....

6'5" Vincent Jackson and 6'5" Mike Williams on the outside, with 6'5" John Carlson at TE.....I'm down.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
6'5" Vincent Jackson and 6'5" Mike Williams on the outside, with 6'5" John Carlson at TE.....I'm down.
That method worked well for Jacksonville...wait.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
That method worked well for Jacksonville...wait.
Works better if your receivers aren't Matt Jones and Reggie Williams....
Old 09-04-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Works better if your receivers aren't Matt Jones and Reggie Williams....
I think Matt jones brings more to the table than Housh, assuming he's sober.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think Matt jones brings more to the table than Housh, assuming he's sober.

Staying high worked for LT!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would be great if he was traded to clear room for Jackson....

I'm 6'5 can I play too because I'm pretty much just as talented as Mike Williams.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm 6'5 can I play too because I'm pretty much just as talented as Mike Williams.

I'm gonna have to revisit this post later this year.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
I'm gonna have to revisit this post later this year.
I'll bookmark it for you. He's useless.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll bookmark it for you. He's useless.
Mike Williams is useless based on what exactly?

What occurred 3 years ago when he was 270 pounds means nothing now.

He's in shape and has been nothing short of awesome with the team this entire training camp and is entrenched as the #3 (assuming Housh is not cut or traded) WR in front of Butler and Tate.