Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where Is Parcells Headed?
Carolina 10 29.41%
Detriot 1 2.94%
Back to Dallas? 3 8.82%
Other 23 67.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Question Where Is Parcells Headed?

Where's his next turn-around project?

Would Jerry Jones ask him back? Detroit? Carolina?

Quote:
Bill Parcells' bags have been packed

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 18, 2010 11:15 PM ET

Eight days ago, Florio posted that Bill Parcells' departure from the Dolphins could be imminent.

And even though he still holds the title of "consultant," Parcells has essentially already left. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Parcells packed his bags and moved out of the Dolphins offices. He's now no longer involved with the day-to-day activities of the team.

Schefter writes, "Miami knew this move was coming, it just didn't realize it was coming so soon."

They should have looked closer at Parcells' resume.
PFT

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 10-19-2010 at 01:37 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to one of his other houses in Miami to retire

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i say he goes to buffalo to just complete the rebuilding of the AFC east in his career. they will name it the AFC Parcells division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he has better credentials than anyone, but would you hire him to build an NFL team, really, if he even wanted to?

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha that'd be great, and by great I mean please dont do that, if he does the Bills will win the division next year haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG umphrey that pic is awful.

You can't argue too hard with the job he did in Miami. They have the pieces to continue to improve. Pretty amazing turnaround.

edit: it'd be very interesting if both he and Cowher went to Carolina. Could they co-exist?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both Cowher and Parcells would demand control. I couldn't imagine one of them being willing to work for the other.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
Both Cowher and Parcells would demand control. I couldn't imagine one of them being willing to work for the other.
Would Cowher really demand full control? It's not something he ever had in Pittsburgh, and I'm sure he'd be much more comfortable installing his own personnel guy so he can focus on coaching.

If anything, I think coaching in Pittsburgh showed him how truly valuable a good front office is and how much it helps a coach.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Would Cowher really demand full control? It's not something he ever had in Pittsburgh, and I'm sure he'd be much more comfortable installing his own personnel guy so he can focus on coaching.

If anything, I think coaching in Pittsburgh showed him how truly valuable a good front office is and how much it helps a coach.
That is it. Both guys would want to work with people they are comfortable with.

I could be wrong about Parcells, I just expect he'd want to work with someone that he knows and be pretty sure get along with well.

Full control wasn't a very good term.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
Where is this idea coming from. Parcells got fed up with having control in Miami so he stepped down from general manager to be a made up term "daily consultant" which meant he could just tell people what he thought and not have to deal with any pressure or decisions. Cowher is a former head coach only who last I saw was taking orders from CBS.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-19-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk how Dallas is an option after Jones was caught on camera talking mad **** about the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alot of talk goes into how Parcells "turned around" Miami but I mean if you look into those draft classes they aren't really that impressive at all.

2008 you give credit for Jake Long and Chad Henne which are two vital pieces, but Merling was a borderline 1st rounder who sucks and Langford has been disappointing(is he even still starting? Not sure). Both Guards didn't amount to anything in Donald Brown or Shawn Murphy, Parmele didn't stick either.

2009 is headlined with Vontae Davis, great pick. Then you have the worst pick ever which was Pat White in the 2nd, and Sean Smith also in the 2nd who was benched. Turner in round 3 has been terrible, Hartline is an average player in the 4th but at least he contributes but nothing else note worthy in this draft.

2010 hard to say just yet but Misi should be a stud and probably John Jerry too. Just saying for all the hype he gets for turning things around, it was really some average drafts since he's been there, but when you get an above average QB and a rock solid LT things automatically get better.

I'd probably give him more credit for bringing in the coaching staff and the type of mentality/respect he brought with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Alot of talk goes into how Parcells "turned around" Miami but I mean if you look into those draft classes they aren't really that impressive at all.

2008 you give credit for Jake Long and Chad Henne which are two vital pieces, but Merling was a borderline 1st rounder who sucks and Langford has been disappointing(is he even still starting? Not sure). Both Guards didn't amount to anything in Donald Brown or Shawn Murphy, Parmele didn't stick either.

2009 is headlined with Vontae Davis, great pick. Then you have the worst pick ever which was Pat White in the 2nd, and Sean Smith also in the 2nd who was benched. Turner in round 3 has been terrible, Hartline is an average player in the 4th but at least he contributes but nothing else note worthy in this draft.

2010 hard to say just yet but Misi should be a stud and probably John Jerry too. Just saying for all the hype he gets for turning things around, it was really some average drafts since he's been there, but when you get an above average QB and a rock solid LT things automatically get better.

I'd probably give him more credit for bringing in the coaching staff and the type of mentality/respect he brought with him.
I also think the big change in wins has something to do with it. Increasing a teams' wins by 10 will do that.

Wasn't the coaching staff a Parcells thing? Isn't Sparano a Parcells guy? Also, bringing in Pennington was a good move. What about Wake? Guy comes out of nowhere and already has 6 sacks this season.

I think Parcells deserves a lot of credit for Miami's turnaround.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

wasnt langford a pro bowler last year?

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Langford has been having a good year this year so far. Big turn around from the past two seasons. No one is disappointed in him. If Sean Smith would ever grow a pair of man balls he could end up being a good corner. He has the talent and the tools, but the mentality isnt there. Hartline was better then average last year but this year he is more so/so, so I will give you that. And to call Long rock solid? Gimme a break. Long is a ******* man stud at LT. When you dont think he could possible get better, he does. He can make the case for being the best LT in the NFL. You cant forget about the undrafted rookies Parcells picked up too in Dan Carpenter and Bess. Carpenter has been money every since he was brought in and Bess is one of the best slot WR's in the NFL. Parcells has his hits but he also has his misses. He gets too caught up in guys who just "wins" and guys who are big. Perfect example of Pat White and Pat Turner.

To add to the topic, Parcells is taking a leave of absence. He told people in the organization that he will be back sometime in the near future. So he isnt gone yet. And do you all really think Parcells wants to take on another project? Dont see that happening. The guy is in his 70's and he has enough money and other activities to keep him busy and stress free.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Langford has been having a good year this year so far. Big turn around from the past two seasons. No one is disappointed in him. If Sean Smith would ever grow a pair of man balls he could end up being a good corner. He has the talent and the tools, but the mentality isnt there. Hartline was better then average last year but this year he is more so/so, so I will give you that. And to call Long rock solid? Gimme a break. Long is a ******* man stud at LT. When you dont think he could possible get better, he does. He can make the case for being the best LT in the NFL. You cant forget about the undrafted rookies Parcells picked up too in Dan Carpenter and Bess. Carpenter has been money every since he was brought in and Bess is one of the best slot WR's in the NFL. Parcells has his hits but he also has his misses. He gets too caught up in guys who just "wins" and guys who are big. Perfect example of Pat White and Pat Turner.

To add to the topic, Parcells is taking a leave of absence. He told people in the organization that he will be back sometime in the near future. So he isnt gone yet. And do you all really think Parcells wants to take on another project? Dont see that happening. The guy is in his 70's and he has enough money and other activities to keep him busy and stress free.

Calm down dude. Long is one of the best LT's in the league, maybe the best. Sorry that "rock solid" wasn't as sexy of a word choice for you but it wasn't meant to be a slight nor did I mean it to sound like he was just average. I was just saying more of the credit I've give to him for turning around the team would be for assembling a great coaching staff and a winning mentality then draft picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must be tough to get a great player with the #1 pick. He gets zero credit for that pick in my book. He wasn't a slam dunk #1 by any means, but it wasn't a very difficult decision to make.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Must be tough to get a great player with the #1 pick. He gets zero credit for that pick in my book. He wasn't a slam dunk #1 by any means, but it wasn't a very difficult decision to make.
I disagree. Chris Long was a very highly regarded prospect in that draft and a lot of people thought he had potential to go #1.

Also, I know that it seemed like people were split 50/50 on Matt Ryan around the draft, but he was definitely the best QB prospect in that draft and the Dolphins needed a QB badly (If I remember correctly the Packers didn't trade Favre until after the draft, which means the Jets didn't cut Pennington and the Dolphins didn't pick him up until after the draft as well). I'm not even sure who was the starter prior to that season, Beck? Lemon?

And Lastly, Glenn Dorsey was touted as a near guaranteed prospect (it wasn't until a few days before the draft that I heard anything serious about his knees).

I'm not saying it was an incredibly difficult decision for Parcells, but it certainly wasn't an automatic decision. If nothing else, their QB situation made that decision way more difficult than you're eluding to.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Also, I know that it seemed like people were split 50/50 on Matt Ryan around the draft, but he was definitely the best QB prospect in that draft and the Dolphins needed a QB badly (If I remember correctly the Packers didn't trade Favre until after the draft, which means the Jets didn't cut Pennington and the Dolphins didn't pick him up until after the draft as well). I'm not even sure who was the starter prior to that season, Beck? Lemon?

Yea, that's Josh McCown. Whew that was close!

Parcells and crew did a great job rebuilding an awful roster. The drafts haven't been amazing but they've been good, last year's draft already has contributions from Odrick, Misi, Jerry and Carroll while Edds and Jones look like they'll contribute down the road. They've done really well in FA and trades and developing the guys the do have. Obviously that's not all Parcells, but the staff he brought in as done a great job.

As Da-Phins said though, Parcells is still with the Dolphins so this thread is kinda worthless.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring him in as a consultant in New England. He's got an eye for the type of players we need.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Bring him in as a consultant in New England. He's got an eye for the type of players we need.
Somehow I don't think that'd go over very well...

I could see him going to Buffalo. Would complete his tour of the AFC East.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Somehow I don't think that'd go over very well...

I could see him going to Buffalo. Would complete his tour of the AFC East.
I know haha. Complete joke. But if resentment and hatred didn't exist, that could work out very well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Parcells is the best drafter of defensive players in the history of the league.

He is simply AMAZING at picking defensive linemen and linebackers: Carl Banks, Pepper Johnson, Willie McGinnest, Teddy Bruschi, John Abraham, James Farrior, Marcus Spears, Jay Ratliff, DeMarcus Ware...
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Parcells is the best drafter of defensive players in the history of the league.

He is simply AMAZING at picking defensive linemen and linebackers: Carl Banks, Pepper Johnson, Willie McGinnest, Teddy Bruschi, John Abraham, James Farrior, Marcus Spears, Jay Ratliff, DeMarcus Ware...
BOBBY CARPENTER!

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Will never happen. Parcells and Belichick are both way too established to take a backseat to someone else. I'm sure the mutual respect is there but Parcells won't play second fiddle to one of his former assistants and Belichick, arguably the greatest football coach of all time, won't go back to being an underling, either.