Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Steelers Mock Draft in 2010!

Don't go too in depth on the players more on the position. I have players I like and positions I think need to be filled. I will do my best to put the player in the right draft spot but don't read too much in depth since it is December.

RD1 - Brandon Harris CB Miami
Complete CB. Plays the run and pass both effectively. Taylor is a free agent and McFadden is a ok number two but would be better off as a nickel back. So whether we sign Taylor or not I would still look at CB with this pick. With oline/dline also being viable options.

RD2- JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
At 6-6 290lbs and has the ability to get upfield his is a quicker stronger Aaron Smith. I'm not giving up on Ziggy I just think we need eventual replacements for both Smith and Keisel. And with Ziggy and Watt in the rotation it should lessen the wear and tear on Smith and Keisel.

RD3- Mike Pouncey OG Florida
Mike was never as high of a draft prospect as his brother and has been playing good not great at center this year. He also has been banged up a little. Making me think like most interior linemen he will be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. But what a great tandom for the Steelers the Pouncey twins busting holes for Mende to run through!

RD4- Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma St
Mende has been running too much and need someone to take some of the work load. This is Darren Sproles, Dexter McCluster, and Danny Woodhead all in one. He is short at maybe 5-8 but is thick at nearly 200lbs. He has good hands and speed and if he can grasp blocking schemes would make a helluva third down back. No offense to Isaac Redman who he has been ok nothing special.

RD5- Chris Culliver FS South Carolina
He is playing out of position at CB. He has the speed to be a CB but not the hips. He should be a great special team right away and with any luck transition into a good FS in a few years.

RD6- James Brewer OT Indiana
A big kid that should give more depth at OT. We have been banged up pretty bad this year and having a #3 option would be a nice luxury.

RD7- Kevin Riley QB Cal
We all saw what happened when Batch and Dixon had to play. This kid has some potential. Let him learn and adapt to the pro speed for a season or two as the #3 and then see if he is good enough to back up big Ben.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the first three picks but I doubt Watt falls past 20-24 range at this point.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

your first 4 are all players that may very well be first, but at worst second round picks
Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

I totally agree with your emphasis on our needs. A cb at one seems to be a necessity. With Jenkins opting out of the draft to stay in school, Harris is clearly the #3 corner in the draft and very unlikely to be there when we pick.

JJ Watt is more likely as a no 1 pick, may be gone by then. Never there at end of round two.

Pouncey in the third. Keep dreaming.

Hunter would be an excellent pick but, again this would be a major drop. I do hope we get some depth at running back, somewhere around this pick.

We should draft a qb late for some competition. Lefty has looked really awful, Charlie is probably done and Dixon is nothing special.

Really like your concepts, ford, you seem to really be onto what our needs are, but you are rubbing your pud hoping for this scenario.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
steelersfan2011
Rookie

steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I completely agree that Pouncey II falls in stock because of his and Florida's shakey season. I believe that a lower-ranked quaterback with more potential though will be drafted next year or the year after as an Aaron Rodgers sort of thing with big ben turning only 29 in a month or so. I see Dion Lewis type player being drafted late with Moore showing his age this year to replace him on third down. NG is a definite pick THIS year. Casey is on the field less and less every game for the past year and I don't see him keeping up for much longer.
Pos. Taken
DE
NG
OG
RB
OT
CB
ILB (Depends what the Steelers think of him)
steelersfan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

Do you really ever watch a steelers game? Casey destroys a teams running game by manhandling the middle, then is taken out for passing plays. The only better defensive lineman in football is Ngata and only because he can bounce all over the line.

would like to see Dion Lewis with a late pick. but I feel guilty because every time I badmouth Moore, he makes a big play.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
Do you really ever watch a steelers game? Casey destroys a teams running game by manhandling the middle, then is taken out for passing plays. The only better defensive lineman in football is Ngata and only because he can bounce all over the line.

would like to see Dion Lewis with a late pick. but I feel guilty because every time I badmouth Moore, he makes a big play.
Yeah, no. As much as I love Casey Hampton, there are guys out there like Vince Wilfork who do the same things in the run game and still offer more in passing situations. B.J. Raji will probably be at that level by next year.

It's a fact that Hampton constantly plays less than 50% of defensive snaps each game, I'll post the stats if you want me to.

Hampton is just as important to our run defense as Keisel, Smith, and Ziggy are. And to be honest, there isn't much of a drop-off from Hampton to Hoke. That being said, I'm very happy we've got Hampton.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:16 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

Again, the reason Hampton plays half the time is because you cannot run up the middle when he's in, which puts the other team in passing situations. Hoke is a starting calibre d-lineman but nowhere near Casey's dominance. Wilfork and Raji have more versatility than hampton but aren't as physically strong as he is. and how about when he gets pissed; like when they call an unfounded penalty or write up how some all pro center owns him?