Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-04-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scouts Quotes on Prospects

These are from a piece Bob McGinn does every year on the draft for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal

Nate Solder-" he's the most talented tackle overall. he's just got a ways to go with his anchor and learning the tricks of the trade. He doesnt have the grit and finish or the lower body-strength yet. Too tall

Tyron Smith-" his technique is all screwed up, but he has great body balance, feet, and quickness.

Castonzo- "technically, he may be the best of the tackles. he's got a little stiffness. He's athletic but I just dont see any power to him. I just dont like the way he's built. He's linear not real bulky guy.

Carimi- "I think he's probably the most ready to play. I dont think he will be elite type tackle but he will be a good solid pro." 2 scouts said right tackle only. " I think he's a first round pick almost by default. not as good as Bulaga. smart kid, will battle you, you could do worse.

Pouncey- "Brother was a little more powerful. He wont always be pretty but he anchors really well, which is a key for centers and guards. good range, above average athlete, good size, plays hard. had half a dozen faulty shotgun snaps in 2010.

J. Baldwin- " Best hands in draft, huge targert, great ball skills. definatley more of an X(split end) than a Z(flanker). not a good route runner. maneuverability in his hips is a little bit of an issue. chip on his shoulder wants to prove hes as good as Green and Jones.

Liuget- "He's a whole lot better than i thought he was going to be. he doesnt stay blocked long. hes going to beat you with his strength and his feet. quick off the ball, real stout, good insticts.

D Sherrod- " did not look good at senior bowl. hes a hit or miss fuy. Smarter than you average Mississippi State guy. He will be a starter."

Ijalana-" Athletically he's really good. he can bend. He plays to his competition level. the question is, does his fire burn all the time. turned it up only 2 or 3 times in his career. Hes a slab of a man who underachieves. hes willing to work just hasnt had a coach up his rear.

O Franklin-" I think he's better than Castonzo." another scout said "top 50 or 60 player, better than Carimi, more physical and athletic.

M. Cannon- " He tries to win with his size. he's go some stiffness. does not always finish. not ready to play. it will take him a year or so to get it. when he does he has the ability to play left tackle.

Marcus Gilbert- " Hes not real bright. Underachiever, bust waiting to happen."

Kerrigan- " Hes a Kerney, Vanden Bosch. going to make it because he persitstent and savvy. He cares so much. Hes a little tight.

Paea- "he's got a little bit of a height issue. He's a 3-technique. not a nose tackle.

P. Taylor- "He has to keep his weight under control. He's got ability no question about it. really gifted feet.

M. Austin- "if he had any character at all he would be a 1st round pick. he's a punk but he has special, special feet. He does some athletic stuff that makes you go Holy $@*#%

Jimmy Smith- " He's a pretty good player but he's a jerk." most scouts like him but had expressed major misgivings about his character.

Brandon Harris- " Plays with his eyes. he's confident. we see him more as a late second or third round guy."

Aaron Williams- "Hes more finesse than physical. Then again, Texas guys are pampered and cant fight through adversity. good
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kerrigan- " Hes a Kerney, Vanden Bosch. "
Seriously. Seriously. Seriously.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is that all of it, because Aaron Williams stops in mid sentence..
Old 03-05-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That scout has horrid grammar.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Paea's lack of height preclude him from being a NT? I'd rather have a shorter guy with leverage than a 6'5 behemoth who's raw strength can be undone by centers getting under him and out leveraging him.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Why would Paea's lack of height preclude him from being a NT? I'd rather have a shorter guy with leverage than a 6'5 behemoth who's raw strength can be undone by centers getting under him and out leveraging him.
I do not think it is the height. I think it is the 303lbs. that would keep him from anchoring in the middle of a 3-4.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
I do not think it is the height. I think it is the 303lbs. that would keep him from anchoring in the middle of a 3-4.
He just said about the height and not being a NT. Misinterpreted I guess.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
I think that this was transcribed from an interview so there are some grammar issues.

I just do not see Paea as a NT, bench press is great, but a NT is built from the legs.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Jonathan Baldwin, but 'best hands in draft'???

Over the top praise IMO. At best you could only say he has 'some of the best hands', or ' equal to' the other top prospects coming out.

How does Baldwin have better hands than AJ Green?? That would be like saying Baldwin NEVER DROPPED A PASS. Ever. Even when the ball wasn't thrown directly to him.

I love to hear what scouts think about prospects because of the added insight the can give usually informed by sharing notes with other professional insiders, but man sometimes they sound really off on guys.

Solder could bust because he IMO lacks an instinctive feel for playing OT, like Robert Gallery, another guy who had the tools to be elite but couldn't figure it out at the pro level.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that was supposed to be somewhat of a sidenote. So he does'nt have to bulk to be anything but a UT, and he isn't a NT. Or at least, thats how i read it.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the "he's got a height issue" and "he's a 3-tech, not an NT" are unrelated comments. Since he certainly isn't tall, and he doesn't play like your classic 2-gapping nose tackle (as he's more of a penetrator.) That being said, of course, if he were allowed the same responsibilities as a Jay Ratliff in your defense, he could do fine at NT.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

I thought the Orlando Franklin comment was interesting as I said in another thread he is gaining steam.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought the Orlando Franklin comment was interesting as I said in another thread he is gaining steam.
It just shows the guy doesn't know hat he is talking about. Franklin after his post season, is strictly an OG prospect ande doesn't come close to having the feet the other top OT's in the draft does.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember these from the past few years. Where's the actual article link?

I agree with a lot of it (Baldwin stiffness, Kerrigan stiffness, Liuget monster, Taylor monster, Austin talented, Pouncey not as strong as his brother). And Paea doesn't play like a NT - he's more of a penetrator than anchor.

What I don't understand is how Brandon Harris is a 2nd-3rd round pick??? Size?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

I agree with a lot of it (Baldwin stiffness, Kerrigan stiffness, Liuget monster, Taylor monster, Austin talented, Pouncey not as strong as his brother). And Paea doesn't play like a NT - he's more of a penetrator than anchor.

+1 with everything here...I do question whether Baldwin's got the best hands but it's not unbelievable....and the Harris thing is weird...I like him better than that...we've seen top CB prospects fall before though...remember Moore and Smith a couple years ago....
Old 03-05-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

Mike Mayock thought the exact same thing before the combine
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D Sherrod- " did not look good at senior bowl. hes a hit or miss fuy. Smarter than you average Mississippi State guy. He will be a starter."
Hate! Hate! Hate!

A lot of hatred coming from this scout. Diabolical.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aaron Williams- "Hes more finesse than physical.
LOL.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
LOL.

Keep in mind that tackling NFL players is harder than bringing down a Colorado return man who happens to be standing still.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Keep in mind that is a lot harder to do when the player isn't the Colorado's returner who happens to be standing still.
Yea, I was going to say that a hit on a special teams play doesn't affect how he plays as a corner which is what is most important as far Williams's physicality(or perceived lack thereof).

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Yea, I was going to say that a hit on a special teams play doesn't affect how he plays as a corner which is what is most important as far Williams's physicality(or perceived lack thereof).
I'm just curious. Have you heard anyone else express that Williams might have a lack of physicality as a CB?

I haven't. This is the first time that I have ever heard anyone imply that.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Keep in mind that tackling NFL players is harder than bringing down a Colorado return man who happens to be standing still.
I was thinking the same thing... and also was wondering why Williams had to forklift the guy instead of landing a kill shot.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I'd say that Aaron Williams is pretty physical.

Here a clip of A-Dub from the Texas vs. Nebraska Big 12 Championship game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4QdMwWy6Q
Old 03-05-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
I'd say that Aaron Williams is pretty physical.

Here a clip of A-Dub from the Texas vs. Nebraska Big 12 Championship game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4QdMwWy6Q
Sorry man, but I didn't see any great physicality in that highlight. He made a couple tackles, but none were real strong aggressive tackles, and I didn't once see him get physical with a WR.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Sorry man, but I didn't see any great physicality in that highlight. He made a couple tackles, but none were real strong aggressive tackles, and I didn't once see him get physical with a WR.
Agreed.

I don't think it was a huge knock, but I think "willing tackler" and "physical (aggressive,especially as it pertains to press coverage" are two different things and that's what I think the scout was saying.

Williams still looks like a nice prospect.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote