Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Linebacker

Is this the year we draft a replacement for Farrior, or do you think Sylvester is the next mack linebacker?

Manti Te'o*
Vontaze Burflict*
Dont'a Hightower
Tank Carder
Luke Kuechly*

Opinions?
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Is this the year we draft a replacement for Farrior, or do you think Sylvester is the next mack linebacker?

Manti Te'o*
Vontaze Burflict*
Dont'a Hightower
Tank Carder
Luke Kuechly*

Opinions?
I think we've already got our replacement for Farrior in either Foote or Fox, maybe Sylvester. Sylvester is the only candidate to be long term though.

Te'o or Burfict would be my choices, those guys would be flat out unbelievable beside Timmons. I still want to have Timmons switch over to Mack, as Timmons as a buck is IMO a waste of his talents. He excelled there this past year, but I want him at mack where he can make plays, instead of having to take on blockers a lot of the time.

That's where either Burfict or Te'o would be great for us. Those are two big, physical guys who can take on blockers. Brandon Spikes would have been perfect in this role, but he's a Patriot, unfortunately, so we've got to look elsewhere.

If Sylvester is the future, then there is no way Timmons can slide over to buck, as Sylvester just doesn't have the physicality to take on blockers, IMO. It's one thing to lay out a RB or a receiver, but to take on an offensive lineman is a whole other issue. I remember reading somewhere he had long legs and played high, which is a pretty bad combination. That alone should rule out him playing buck. Mack, on the other hand, wouldn't be as problematic with these issues, but again, Sylvester as a mack wouldn't even come close to what Timmons could do at mack, IMO.

Hightower is overrated right now. If he shows he can return to form, then I'd like him on the team, but right now he's probably a second or third rounder. Kuechler and Carder are much better suited for a 4-3 IMO.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:23 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love sylvester...but hes not a great fit to play next to timmons. i love him as a rotational guy though and a guy that will make plays cause hes always around the ball.

taze would be amazing, thats a long shot. teo would be a hammer next to timmons, that would be amazing too.

i really like hightower a lot as a 2nd or 3rd rounder...not for every team but definitely for the steelers
Old 05-20-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i love sylvester...but hes not a great fit to play next to timmons. i love him as a rotational guy though and a guy that will make plays cause hes always around the ball.

taze would be amazing, thats a long shot. teo would be a hammer next to timmons, that would be amazing too.

i really like hightower a lot as a 2nd or 3rd rounder...not for every team but definitely for the steelers
Point is...do we know what the primary need will be? We could sign (hahaha) a free agent guard and take care of our problems. DeCastro reminds me of the Mankin/Grubbs mold. BPA, i say. If that's a linebacker, I'm all for it. But damn...we need better guards.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would like to target cordy glenn, teo, tate, armstrong, or brewster next year...thats my early list for round one.

brewster would be interesting...i wonder if they would play him at C or G
Old 05-20-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i would like to target cordy glenn, teo, tate, armstrong, or brewster next year...thats my early list for round one.

brewster would be interesting...i wonder if they would play him at C or G
Brewster offers that flexibility to play both. There's enough proof in the pudding that he'd excel at both. My primary concern is drafting another tweener-type that won't ever find his role on the line. But that's 100% of my concern with most of Colbert's picks.

However, if Pouncey goes down in the next Superbowl...it'd be great to have a guy like Brewster starting at LG that could just slide over to replace him.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Alright...after this season, here's my list for potential pairings for Timmons...

1. Luke Kuechly
2. Monta Teo
3. Travis Lewis
4. Audie Cole (the one from N. Carolina St)
5. Nigel Bradham
6. Manny Acho
7. Jerry Franklin
8. Shayne Skov (if he declares)
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
Old 12-14-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Dook
Rookie

Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.

Kuechly is a 4-3 ILB, can't drop into coverage.

Teo, I like but I'm just not sure I like him enough to use a 1st round pick on.

Audie Cole is a player but he's very slow, 4.80 I think. Not the type of guy you want dropping into coverage.

Love Jerry Franklin, undersized but if we can get him in the later rounds he'd be worth it.

I'm thinking/hoping that ILB Dont'a Hightower might be there in the 2nd round.
Dook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook View Post
Kuechly is a 4-3 ILB, can't drop into coverage.

Teo, I like but I'm just not sure I like him enough to use a 1st round pick on.

Audie Cole is a player but he's very slow, 4.80 I think. Not the type of guy you want dropping into coverage.

Love Jerry Franklin, undersized but if we can get him in the later rounds he'd be worth it.

I'm thinking/hoping that ILB Dont'a Hightower might be there in the 2nd round.
If Baccari Rambo gets a good response from the NFL Draft Advisory Committee, I wouldn't mind our draft looking something like this:

2012 Draft
1.32 - *Baccari Rambo - SS - Georgia
2.64 - Josh Chapman - NT - Alabama
3.96 - Kevin Zeitler - OG - Wisconsin
4.129 - Manny Acho - ILB - Texas
5.165 - Derek Wolfe - DE - Cincinnati
6.199 - Jerry Franklin - OLB - Arkansas
7.237 - Tyler Urban - TE - West Virginia
7.240 - Jeff Adams - OT - Columbia

Priority Free Agents
Marshall Lobbestael - QB -Washington St
Randy Bullock - K/P - Texas A&M
Jonte Green - CB - New Mexico St
Mark Crawford - NT - Kentucky
Lamar Holmes - OG - Southern Miss
Blake DeChristopher - OT - Virginia Tech
Thomas Mayo - WR - California (PA)
Travaun Nixon - FS - Texas-El Paso
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert