Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Young DLine improving!

I did not get a chance to watch the entire ATL vs Tampa game but I caught the second half and was impressed with the pressure we put on Matt Ryan. I have been raving about Gerald McCoy and Adrian Clayborn and now Brain Price is almost healthy. I came across this article this morning

http://www.bucsnation.com/2011/9/27/...g-the-pressure

I believe Monday night will be the Bucs coming out party to the national world. Can't wait! What are your thoughts so far??

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The D-Line was awesome against the Falcons and they are only going to get better. Price/McCoy will be an awesome pass rushing duo in the middle and Roy Miller/Frank Okam are pretty awesome for depth and extra muscle. Clayborn notched his first sack which was awesome and Bennet is looking like a competent starter. I'm hoping Bowers starts to get some more playing time which he hasn't really been getting so far.

Either way we have a promising future and I expect that to be on display this week. Raheem will have plenty of blitzes ready to give Painter hell.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only do I love the talent of this defensive line with Price in the fold to team up with McCoy, Clayborn, and BEnnett/Bowers, but how about Mason Foster? Man, this kid is a beast. Best LB in the draft? Yep, I said it, better than Von Miller. This guy is just got "IT" on defense.

McCoy has been remarkable this year. Sure all the moron analysts are saying he doesn't have a sack, but look at the way he's playing. He's being held consistantly because he can't be blocked. That Clayborn sack on Ryan was vicious and he and McCoy were both held on that play.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Foster is not better than Von Miller, but speaking of Miller, we have our own version in Dekoda Watson. Watson has the same great getoff in a 2 point stance.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Foster is not better than Von Miller, but speaking of Miller, we have our own version in Dekoda Watson. Watson has the same great getoff in a 2 point stance.
A lot of scouts and draft gurus said that Foster will most likely outperform his draft position and might have been a late 1st round pick if he played at a high profile school. Sure Washington is a Pac 10 school, but they haven't been very good and rarely have gotten the prime-time spotlight.

I love Dekota Watson. I honestly think that Quincy Black is not a top 3 LB on this team. He was overpaid and Geno Hayes has been very solid. It sucks that Quincy Black will limit Dekota Watsons playing time when Black returns, as Rah already said Black will be the starting SLB when helathy, however Foster will remain the MIKE on all 3 downs.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the way we are playing our D line. McCoy is been in the backfield a lot! I'm not knocking him when I say this, but I think the better pass rusher is Price. The guy explodes off the ball... If anyone on the Bucs looks like Sapp its this kid. Plus he's doing it on blood and guts playing at 65%.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the reason it might appear that way is because McCoy is demanding more coverage from opposing lines, although McCoy is still getting more pressures on the QB. Plus I'm pretty sure they've been saying Price is around 90% healthy now. There is no way they'd let him play at 65%.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think the reason it might appear that way is because McCoy is demanding more coverage from opposing lines, although McCoy is still getting more pressures on the QB. Plus I'm pretty sure they've been saying Price is around 90% healthy now. There is no way they'd let him play at 65%.
Yeah, Price is probably about 90% recovered from the injury, however I'm not 100% sure what his weight is at right now. I doubt he got down from 350+lbs to around 310-315 in a matter of two months. I say he's about 330s range right now, but he's still playing great. I just hope they limit him. He's recovering from a rare injury and procedure with his hamstring so. Lets hope he stays healthy.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yeah, Price is probably about 90% recovered from the injury, however I'm not 100% sure what his weight is at right now. I doubt he got down from 350+lbs to around 310-315 in a matter of two months. I say he's about 330s range right now, but he's still playing great. I just hope they limit him. He's recovering from a rare injury and procedure with his hamstring so. Lets hope he stays healthy.
I wish Price was at 90%, but he's not no way. Did you see 2 weeks ago in the Minny game when McNabb rolled to his left and ran for the first down? Price had to pull up after four steps because he still can get his hammy right.

Also the Monday after the ATL game this is on JoeBucsfan.com

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=54721

Price told Joe he's still at only about 65%. Crazy what this guy will do at 90% like you said.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I wish Price was at 90%, but he's not no way. Did you see 2 weeks ago in the Minny game when McNabb rolled to his left and ran for the first down? Price had to pull up after four steps because he still can get his hammy right.

Also the Monday after the ATL game this is on JoeBucsfan.com

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=54721

Price told Joe he's still at only about 65%. Crazy what this guy will do at 90% like you said.
I don't buy that at all. If the hamstrings were at 65%, the team would be insane to play him.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't buy that at all. If the hamstrings were at 65%, the team would be insane to play him.
You're not buying that he's a year removed from having his hamstrings screwed to his pelvis and he barely even started walking this summer, so surely he's close to 100% by now. Price knows his own body better than we do, and if he says 65 then that's how he feels. He's just so talented that even at 65% he's still our best lineman.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't be suprised if Price was heavier than 330 he looks huge but he still moves so well to be so big. After that sack on Ryan when they showed a close up of Price I wouldn't be surprised if he was 350. Imagine how disruptive he would be around 300 lbs!

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't wanna jump the gun and say our D-line "turned the corner" vs Atlanta.. Because you know ... Atlanta O-line is terrible, and leading the league in QB pressures given up.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

What I can't figure out about the Falcons o-line is they were solid/very good last year. There problem was Sam Baker really regressed from his rookie year.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

McCoy doesn't get a lot of pub because the media puts so much emphasis on sacks but he has been creating havoc every week. I think Offensive Coordinators have to scheme against him now. If not they are dumb, we have another shaky O Line coming up on Monday Night Football so I can see a repeat of what happened last week. Shaky or not getting pressure build confidence and allows the group to grow.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

We haven't gone against the greatest O lines of all time, Indy was pretty much throwing guys off the street upfront because they were running out of bodies. With that said, WOW Adrian Clayborn is crazy fast off the line. I have been watching all the other games but he looks like he is at another level now, I don't know if its comfort level with the defense or what. Michael Bennett had a breakout game with 2 sacks and a FF. McCoy was yet again disruptive, I maybe biased but he may very well be headed for a pro bowl season. I am a firm believer that success breeds confidence so he banged up oline or not we bring some confidence on our way to London and hopefully carries us threw the rest of the season.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Bennett was phenomenal, as well as Clayborn and McCoy. Don't forget about Bowers. He didn't get a sack, but he had a bat-down at the line and was very good against the run when he was in.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that Clayborn is developing his speed rush, his inside rush has become even better. This Dline is our greatest hope of beating the Saints and winning the division.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Now that Clayborn is developing his speed rush, his inside rush has become even better. This Dline is our greatest hope of beating the Saints and winning the division.
Yeah, but our safety play is very weak. Every writer and analyst is blaming Talib for that 87 yard blown coverage, but what they don't know is Sean Jones was out of position, AGAIN!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but our safety play is very weak. Every writer and analyst is blaming Talib for that 87 yard blown coverage, but what they don't know is Sean Jones was out of position, AGAIN!
I could be wrong, but watching the replay from the top-down angle it looked like Talib was watching the QB and trying to bait him but was too late. It definitely looked like his fault.

Whether that was Jones' fault or not our safety play has been a strength of the team so far. Once again it looks like you're being an Asante homer and using Jones as a scapegoat.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I could be wrong, but watching the replay from the top-down angle it looked like Talib was watching the QB and trying to bait him but was too late. It definitely looked like his fault.

Whether that was Jones' fault or not our safety play has been a strength of the team so far. Once again it looks like you're being an Asante homer and using Jones as a scapegoat.
Not at all. Jones has been decent this year, but he's an average safety. WHen he's got someone like Corey Lynch playing next to him, then he's not going to be very good.

During the game, there were many occasions where they were in cover 2 and they went deep, and you see Corey Lynch scurrying over late to his assignment, only to be bailed out with the ball being overthrown.

Lynch is going to be a HUGE weak point and teams are going to find him. He's blowing assignments and that's going to kill the Bucs against better passing teams.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not at all. Jones has been decent this year, but he's an average safety. WHen he's got someone like Corey Lynch playing next to him, then he's not going to be very good.

During the game, there were many occasions where they were in cover 2 and they went deep, and you see Corey Lynch scurrying over late to his assignment, only to be bailed out with the ball being overthrown.

Lynch is going to be a HUGE weak point and teams are going to find him. He's blowing assignments and that's going to kill the Bucs against better passing teams.
Yeah I agree that Jones is average but who cares if he's doing his job. I want Asante to start over Lynch but Lynch hasn't been exposed yet so there's no sense guaranteeing it's gonna happen. Lynch was pretty clutch against Atlanta.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I think safety was obviously a weakness of this team heading into free agency, the draft and the season. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it means we have improved at more important positions. If we get mediocre play out of the safeties and possibly get Tanard back, we should be in a good position.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think safety was obviously a weakness of this team heading into free agency, the draft and the season. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it means we have improved at more important positions. If we get mediocre play out of the safeties and possibly get Tanard back, we should be in a good position.
If we get Tanard back, we'll be in great position. Offenses and QBs need to know that he's a ball hawk back there and probably a top 3 Safety in the NFC. I mean, just watch him when he's played. He reads the eyes of QBs very well and doesn't let WRs get behind him. The secondary and pass defense overall would get a HUGE boost with him back there.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Technically, Lynch was exposed, but by a bad QB overthrowing his WR on his blown assignments. Teams like san fransisco and especially New Orleans are going to see that as they prepare for the Bucs in the upcoming weeks. More or likely they'll execute on those throws.