Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 5: Buccaneers at 49ers

Week 5:
Sunday, October 9, 2011

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1)
at
San Francisco 49ers (3-1)

Time: 1:05 pm pst

First of all, we may have lost to these guys last year, but I blame this guy:

OK, fine, maybe it wasn't his fault. That game sucked though. And unfortunately, the TB fans were not very pleasant. Gah. The Bucs were much better than us last year. But this year is different dammit, cause, they may have this guy:

But we have this guy:

And while they have this guy:

We have a budding superstar in this guy:

And while they got this guy at WR:

we will blanket him with this guy ... uhhh ... I mean this guy ... uhhh. Ah **** it. Did I mention we got these guys:

Standings: It's the battle of 2 first-place teams!

NFC WEST
1. San Francisco 49ers (3-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (1-3)
2. Arizona Cardinals (1-3)
4. St. Louis Rams (0-4)

NFC SOUTH
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1)
1. New Orleans Saints (3-1)
3. Atlanta Falcons (2-2)
4. Carolina Panthers (1-3)

Special Note:
If you're going to the game, be sure to stay away from this guy:

He may be carrying this:

Don't say I didn't warn you.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, Sopo is gonna be a big loss.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Sopoaga is out. I want to see what we have in Dobbs down the line though. There might be some promise there.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We haven't been 4-1 since 2002. Hopefully we take down the Buccaneers. They don't scare me that much. Eagles definitely did more especially since we had them on the road. Mike Williams could be a problem, but at least he's not DeSean Jackson. I have faith in the secondary against their receivers. Freeman could be annoying with his scrambling ability, but I think Bowman, Smith, Willis, and Brooks offset that. He'll be easier to take down than Vick.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
We haven't been 4-1 since 2002. Hopefully we take down the Buccaneers. They don't scare me that much. Eagles definitely did more especially since we had them on the road. Mike Williams could be a problem, but at least he's not DeSean Jackson. I have faith in the secondary against their receivers. Freeman could be annoying with his scrambling ability, but I think Bowman, Smith, Willis, and Brooks offset that. He'll be easier to take down than Vick.
Nowhere near as annoying as Vick.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's going to be a tough matchup. The Bucs will stop the run better than Philly. Alex needs to be accurate. The D will handle Blount and after just game-planning for Vick, they should be ready for another mobile QB in Freeman.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not worried about Freeman running, I am worried about him throwing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta stop Preston Parker from having 8 yard catch after 8 yard catch all day long.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This should be a great match up.I wish I had Sunday off.Sadly I'm finshing up my last week of work here at Mt.Rainier.Go 9ers!!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tramaine Brock and Shawntae Spencer might BOTH miss the game.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:36 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honsetly, this game is going to be super tough. Eric Davis has us losing and I can see why, the injuries don't help either.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the young talent rises up and fills the holes on D, as the defense has been the obvious strength of the team. Depth is where good teams separate themselves from the weak. Exhibit A: 2010 Packers

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-07-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the injuries to Brock and Spencer looks like it's time we get to see what they have in Chris Culliver. Played well in the few snaps he got last week.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, just an opportunity for the rookies to get their feet wet.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I just hope the 49ers don't get blown out. If that does happen I wouldn't be surprised though. It's been a sign of the times in recent years. A big letdown after things start to look up.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I just hope the 49ers don't get blown out. If that does happen I wouldn't be surprised though. It's been a sign of the times in recent years. A big letdown after things start to look up.
You dont have to worry about this. Even if you come out completely flat, our offensive coordinator will keep our offense grounded so that its close in the 4th. We have no killer instinct.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
You dont have to worry about this. Even if you come out completely flat, our offensive coordinator will keep our offense grounded so that its close in the 4th. We have no killer instinct.
You guys definitely keep that engine well governed.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

This is DEFINITELY the type of game the niners usually lose. Reminds me of the ATL game from '09 and the Bucs game from last year.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:59 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like our chances Sunday, even with the injuries. Cully has been waiting in the wings and he looked fundementally good in the snaps I saw from him last week. Spencer is questionable. He practiced Thursday and Friday so I expect he will play but not be at 100%. Good news is we get Whitner back. Bucs are a good team but they don't present us with the match-up problems teams like Dallas and Philly did. Our secondary should be able to run with their guys. Always worried about how we match up with TEs so Winslow will be a problem. Sopoaga not playing is HUGE though. He's one of the reasons our run game is so stout. But I may finally get to see Ian Williams play some significant snaps so that will be something to watch. Harbs will have these guys ready to play and the great news is Troy Smith isn't our QB. Much different team then the one the Bucs faced last year. These next two games will tell us alot heading into the bye.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

This is probably the 49ers season right here. If they win this game, they'll be 4-1 for the first time since 2002. If they lose they'll probably finish 8-8 or worse and miss the playoffs. Yes I know they have a two game lead over Arizona and Seattle.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man some one come and work for me today.I want to watch this game so bad!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give the Niners the edge if they can bottle up the run game and because the game is at home.

It does have the potential to be the season-killing, token NFC South game that haunts them every year, where they look horrible and subsequently have a losing streak.

They need to overcome that history if they want to contend. I think this will be another one that comes down to the wire.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 10-09-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Alex with the accurate TD throw to D Walk for a TD.

Gore with a fumble in the red zone = no bueno.

Rogers making up for the TO with a pick 6; His 3rd INT in the last 3 games. I thought the scouting report on him was that he didn't have hands?! FA steal.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Willis just saved Haralson's ass on the contain bust there.

Plug and play. Culliver with a huge pick on third down.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Chris Culliver with his first career interception off a deflection. Way to go Cully!

Alex starts the next drive of the TO with a nice pass to Morgan.

Gerald McCoy left game with injury and is questionable to return for Bucs. I don't like to see injuries but that's good news for the O-Line and Gore going up the middle.

Closed Thread