Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How Long Before People Start Comparing RGIII to Ande Ware?

Just saw it randomly on another board. Prolific spread QB. Athletic but not run first quarterback. Solid arm. Good intangibles, although apparently Ware didn't display the work ethic to be successful in the pros. And Ware was an epic bust.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 12-08-2011 at 11:00 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm almost to the point where I think you have to have a massively uncoachable flaw to not succeed as an NFL QB these days.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I'm almost to the point where I think you have to have a massively uncoachable flaw to not succeed as an NFL QB these days.
Huh? We can't even get 20 successful NFL Qbs, let alone 32. It is rare to succeed at QB over the long haul.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Huh? We can't even get 20 successful NFL Qbs, let alone 32. It is rare to succeed at QB over the long haul.
There's not 32 guys without massively uncoachable flaws in every draft class. The league has been pretty damn good at hitting on its first round QBs in recent years, though.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think in creating a thread with the title "How long before people start comparing RGIII to Andre Ware?" you have compared them, albeit indirectly, by implying that they are comparable.

So, no time at all.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard the Shaun King comparison and I think it's awful close.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're the first and last Funbunchy. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB is a crapshoot no matter what the situation is.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
QB is a crapshoot no matter what the situation is.
Actually, I disagree. I think that the most important thing is that the QB is a good match for the situation he lands in. There's no catch-all "best case scenario" that will turn any QB into a success, but almost all of the guys who have the tools could have become successful QBs if the system, coaching, and supporting cast were what they needed to be. Generally, they are not.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Actually, I disagree. I think that the most important thing is that the QB is a good match for the situation he lands in. There's no catch-all "best case scenario" that will turn any QB into a success, but almost all of the guys who have the tools could have become successful QBs if the system, coaching, and supporting cast were what they needed to be. Generally, they are not.
And you basically just described the crapshoot. There are so many more variables to the QB position than any other that even if it is the right system with the right coaches, things still have a good chance of not working out. He can't handle the pressure put on him, the media etc.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
And you basically just described the crapshoot. There are so many more variables to the QB position than any other that even if it is the right system with the right coaches, things still have a good chance of not working out. He can't handle the pressure put on him, the media etc.
Well, as far as we're concerned? Absolutely a crapshoot.

But as far as the teams actually making the evaluations are concerned, they have much more information on their coaches, their timetable, their ability to develop a QB, and their ability to shelter a QB while they develop him than anybody else does. If a team is unreasonable about their ability to develop a player who really needs some time, it's a failure by that team to realize it.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he has a better future as an Athlete than as a QB in the NFL.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I think he has a better future as an Athlete than as a QB in the NFL.
As a pure QB prospect, I like Griffin more than I liked Cam Newton, Josh Freeman, or Tebow.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
imraged
Rookie

imraged hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From a skill-set standpoint I think RGIII compares best to Aaron Rodgers.

Doubt he'll ever be as good as Rodgers though (very few will be).
imraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imraged View Post
From a skill-set standpoint I think RGIII compares best to Aaron Rodgers.

Doubt he'll ever be as good as Rodgers though (very few will be).
Whatcha drinking these days? Or is it drugs?
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
ericzedwards
Rookie

ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Whatcha drinking these days? Or is it drugs?
Think back to how Rogers was evaluated when he was coming out, rather than what he obviously is now, and the comparison won't seem quite so far off.
ericzedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzedwards View Post
Think back to how Rogers was evaluated when he was coming out, rather than what he obviously is now, and the comparison won't seem quite so far off.
agreed. I have watched quite abit of Baylor, and I see alot of Rodgers in Griffin's game
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems to me that mental toughness including the strength to work hard at your profession is one of the main causes for QB failure in this league. It certainly held true for Leaf and Russell.
As for RG111, he has excellent intangibles and appears to be mentally tough to me. His arm is above average so I can see no way that he can flop and it won't come as a shock to me if he goes #2 in the draft ahead of Barkley. I guess the chronic complainers about QB's cannot get any support on Luck, so they feel bound to attack RG111 and Barkley
Old 12-09-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Just saw it randomly on another board. Prolific spread QB. Athletic but not run first quarterback. Solid arm. Good intangibles, although apparently Ware didn't display the work ethic to be successful in the pros. And Ware was an epic bust.

Why not Warren Moon?

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:06 AM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Blake, their deep pass looks similar
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote