Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-27-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia

After watching the Senior Bowl I came away impressed by Cordy Glenn. He showed some really good movement skills and feet in pass protection and managed to hold up at LT in many reps.

What are people's opinions of Glenn?

Can Cordy Glenn play RT in the NFL?

Is he Shawn Andrews?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Glenn is going to be a very good player! He'll probably come in and be a solid starter straight away.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm pissed that now he probably won't last to the giants
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'm pissed that now he probably won't last to the giants
Do you think he can play RT?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would put him at guard and only play him at RT if injuries dictated that it's best for the team....but long term he is an OG all the way IMO. That is his best position to become a pro bowl caliber blocker. He wouldn't be as good on the outside as he would inside.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have some serious doubts about Glenn. Even at 346lbs., he would be one of the biggest linemen in the NFL and I think you can expect him to gain possibly another 20lbs.

Sure, he looked excellent in the drills at the Senior Bowl but how long can he play at that level without being in top shape. Is he just a 3 quarter player who will have nothing left when the 4th quarter arrives.

It is my experience that linemen like Glenn fall on draft day because pro GM's will question his commitment to stay in shape. People see his size and think that it is solid but there are very few OL in the NFL playing solid football at that weight.

He reminds me of another Georgia All-American OLman, Max Jean-Gillis
6'3", 356 who was highly touted till draft day when he fell to round 4 and has been nothing but a backup his whole career.

You'd be amazed at how many large college linemen flop because they have zero commitment to staying in shape.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

He reminds me of Shawn Andrews.

Max Jean-Gilles was always fat. I thought that like Marcus Cannon last season Glenn carried 350lbs. about as well as a man could.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Glenn has a worse chance of playing outside in the NFL than Osemele, and both are best suited to playing guard.

Glenn can engulf people, but he's a waist bender, his pad level is terrible, and he really lacks the range you need to protect the edge in the NFL.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 01-27-2012 at 07:40 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't like the idea of LT, I think speedy pass rushers will tear him up in the NFL. RT/OG is where he should go. If he plays well in the game and tests well at the combine he should be a late 1st round pick.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Underrated or maybe just forgotten by the newer, shinier toys out there. Glenn is a nasty f'n player man...one of my favorites in this draft. Might be a better T than a G in the pros, and might make it as a LT.

I think he's a sleeper option for the Jets at 16. From there he'll take the RT job and the Jets go back to having the best OL in the league.

Last edited by SenorGato : 01-27-2012 at 09:52 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely sounds like he made the best of the Senior Bowl.

Unfortunately, it sounds like putting him at LT is a stretch. However it sounds like he could be fine at OG/OT. However, if you are going to spend a first rounder on him, you probably want a position set for him.

I think he worked his way up to a solid second rounder.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:47 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, what's the knock on this guy that some coaching can't fix? Not as quick as guys who aren't 340?

Basically, why isn't he a slam dunk first rounder?

OL I would take over Glenn for sure:

Kalil
Konz
DeCastro
Martin

Possibly:

Adams

Maybe:

Reiff

Reminds me of Damien Woody more than he does Shawn Andrews. I can see why Andrews would come up given his size, but Andrews only went 16 because he can be so lackadaisical. Andrews was as good an OL prospect as you can get at any position physically.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenn is a first rounder. Probably to the Jets, Steelers or Ravens. And he's a servicable LT, a very good RT and a great guard. He is built like late career Damian Woody.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Really, what's the knock on this guy that some coaching can't fix? Not as quick as guys who aren't 340?

Basically, why isn't he a slam dunk first rounder?

OL I would take over Glenn for sure:

Kalil
Konz
DeCastro
Martin

Possibly:

Adams

Maybe:

Reiff

Reminds me of Damien Woody more than he does Shawn Andrews. I can see why Andrews would come up given his size, but Andrews only went 16 because he can be so lackadaisical. Andrews was as good an OL prospect as you can get at any position physically.
I think he could rise to the first. I think it really depends on if there is a run on linemen. If we see two tackles and DeCastro by the middle of the first, he will get some looks. Late first round picks are a great way to pick up some line talent. There are a few top teams that would really like some o line talent. I think Pitt looks long and hard at o line.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
I think he could rise to the first. I think it really depends on if there is a run on linemen. If we see two tackles and DeCastro by the middle of the first, he will get some looks. Late first round picks are a great way to pick up some line talent. There are a few top teams that would really like some o line talent. I think Pitt looks long and hard at o line.
Then he's a first...When is there not a run on OL these days?

Quote:
There are approximately 288 OG's and OT's in the NFL, 14 of them weigh 340lbs or more. That is about 5% of NFL OLmen minus OC's. Of those 14, at least 5 or 6 are in the 6'7"-6'8" range and only 1 is anywhere near an All Pro rating.
Glenn is 6'51/2", 346lbs. He is most likely to play OG at the next level or possibly RT. By NFL standards he is a fat man carrying way too much weight and likely to add 15-20lbs. after he enters the league. He has a 3/10's of 1% chance to be a star.
Personally, I cannot see a team drafting him in round 1 and I can see a career where he is nothing more than a journeyman if he cannot get control of his weight.
Couple things:

Why the assumption that he gains weight? Aging? What about the fact that he'd be a professional athlete with all the avenues of training and nutrition open to an athlete?

By NFL standards Haloti Ngata was a fat man carrying too much and was likely to add 15-20 pounds...Vince Wilfork....there's probably more...Look how that turned out.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are approximately 288 OG's and OT's in the NFL, 14 of them weigh 340lbs or more. That is about 5% of NFL OLmen minus OC's. Of those 14, at least 5 or 6 are in the 6'7"-6'8" range and only 1 is anywhere near an All Pro rating.
Glenn is 6'51/2", 346lbs. He is most likely to play OG at the next level or possibly RT. By NFL standards he is a fat man carrying way too much weight and likely to add 15-20lbs. after he enters the league. He has a 3/10's of 1% chance to be a star.
Personally, I cannot see a team drafting him in round 1 and I can see a career where he is nothing more than a journeyman if he cannot get control of his weight.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Those are listed weights and are all bull ****.

Most NFL players are 10-20lbs heavier than they are listed at.

Jahri Evans is listed at 315lbs and if he is a Lbs under 330lbs. I will personally apologize to him.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Those are listed weights and are all bull ****.

Most NFL players are 10-20lbs heavier than they are listed at.

Jahri Evans is listed at 315lbs and if he is a Lbs under 330lbs. I will personally apologize to him.
Vince Wilfork is listed at 320lbs and if anyone here thinks he plays at that weight then they are kidding themselves.

Big guys can play in the NFL for sure. Marcus Cannon has been brought up in the thread already. He is one of the heaviest listed players in the NFL and I would be confident to say he is probably one of the most athletic offensive linemen around.

Haloti Ngata is probably bordering around 340lbs and plays as either a 5 technique, 3 technique or a nose. He also drops into coverage.

The amount of guys who can do this are slim but that doesn't mean that Glenn can't

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Vince Wilfork is listed at 320lbs and if anyone here thinks he plays at that weight then they are kidding themselves.

Big guys can play in the NFL for sure. Marcus Cannon has been brought up in the thread already. He is one of the heaviest listed players in the NFL and I would be confident to say he is probably one of the most athletic offensive linemen around.

Haloti Ngata is probably bordering around 340lbs and plays as either a 5 technique, 3 technique or a nose. He also drops into coverage.

The amount of guys who can do this are slim but that doesn't mean that Glenn can't
Word on the street is that in a mock combine (i dont really know what it is), he ran a 4.90. If he runs anything close to that, i will be amazed. But it would also have to put him into that group with Cannon/Ngata category.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

What do we make of Glenn being listed by Mayock as a top 5 OT in the draft where he was previously an OG.

Does this mean that Mayock sees LT potential in Glenn? I would be suprised if he ranked a RT in the top 5.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way he carries his weight reminds me of marcus cannon last year. I dont think hes gonna blow up and eat himself out of the league, the only problem with a 340 pound guard is they have a dominating stretch but wear down quickly in their careers.....leonard davis, shawn andrews come to mind.

i love him at guard, and i like that he has the feet to slide out to tackle if needed. full time tackle though, not so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
The way he carries his weight reminds me of marcus cannon last year. I dont think hes gonna blow up and eat himself out of the league, the only problem with a 340 pound guard is they have a dominating stretch but wear down quickly in their careers.....leonard davis, shawn andrews come to mind.

i love him at guard, and i like that he has the feet to slide out to tackle if needed. full time tackle though, not so much
Versatility iis a huge plus with him.

I wonder what Mayock saw on tape to put him in the tackle group?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Versatility iis a huge plus with him.

I wonder what Mayock saw on tape to put him in the tackle group?
I think it would have been his Senior Bowl performance - don't know Mayock has watched much tape yet, he's been too busy with NFL commentary.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

National Football Post has Glenn at #9 overall.

9. OG Cordy Glenn: Georgia (6-5, 348)
Had had some struggles in space as a tackle prospect, but in tighter areas where he can get his hands on linemen quickly as a guard he showcases the ability to dominate. Looks like a starting caliber OG early in his NFL career.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...epartment.html
Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably would be my fave pick for the Steelers.