Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rueben Randle, WR, LSU

Just today Rueben Randle made an appearance in Mike Mayocks Top 5 and in the 1st round of Mel Kiper's Mock Draft.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/090...module=HP11_cp

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

I do not know a lot about him and he seems to be climbing quickly into the 1st round conversation for WRs.

Can someone tell me about Randle?

How does he compare to?

How high can he go?

Last edited by JohnCandy : 02-15-2012 at 06:12 PM.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Jets to grab him round 2 hopefully

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some expecting him to blow up the combine with the lack of premiere athletes at WR this year (at the top of the board).

Michael Floyd and Justin Blackmon won't be overly impressive (both are expected in the 4.5+ range). Neither will Alshon Jeffery.

Guys like Kendall Wright and Rueben Randle are projected to "ace the combine".

My gut feeling is that Kendall Wright will go to #1 on a few teams boards and Rueben Randle will compete for 3rd on some boards. Both will receive first round grades from a few organizations, however, I still think Randle is a high top of the second guy. A team would really have to love his athleticism to overlook his underdeveloped system knowledge (limited route tree, limited experience in an option system, etc).

There's also a bit of worry that a guy like Sanu or even Juron Criner blows up the combine and could leapfrog a few guys.

The second round is going to be stacked with good WRs or we are going to break an NFL record on first round WRs.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
There are some expecting him to blow up the combine with the lack of premiere athletes at WR this year (at the top of the board).

Michael Floyd and Justin Blackmon won't be overly impressive (both are expected in the 4.5+ range). Neither will Alshon Jeffery.

Guys like Kendall Wright and Rueben Randle are projected to "ace the combine".

My gut feeling is that Kendall Wright will go to #1 on a few teams boards and Rueben Randle will compete for 3rd on some boards. Both will receive first round grades from a few organizations, however, I still think Randle is a high top of the second guy. A team would really have to love his athleticism to overlook his underdeveloped system knowledge (limited route tree, limited experience in an option system, etc).

There's also a bit of worry that a guy like Sanu or even Juron Criner blows up the combine and could leapfrog a few guys.

The second round is going to be stacked with good WRs or we are going to break an NFL record on first round WRs.
I think starting with the Bears at 19, we could see a serious mid-late 1st round run on WRs.

The more I watch of Randle the more I see a 1st round WR.

I have been comparing him and Sanu and while Sanu is more physical I do not see the speed and ability to threaten vertically down the field. Randle ran 4 routes when I watch some LSU film, but what I saw was a guy that did not waste movement and could affectively seperate from SEC QBs.

I do not hold the Alabama games against him they were taking him away and the QB play made Tommy Rees look Heisman worthy.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Which is to say that the second round will be stacked with good WRs, since even if Blackmon, Wright, Floyd, Randle, Jeffrey, Sanu, and Criner go in the first round, that only ties 2004 (Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, Lee Evans, Michael Clayton, Michael Jenkins, Rashaun Woods).

I can't see an eighth WR going in the first round, I have trouble seeing six honestly.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My .02...
Positives - Long strider who does not often get caught from behind, deceptive/sneaky speed, hardly ever lets the ball hit his pads leading to few drops and uses his hands to catch the ball well, has a good understanding of defenses and, down and distance, improved over the last two years, and has a high ceiling (will improve, was a high school QB), still growing as a wide receiver, tracks the ball well over his shoulder and makes the play on the deep ball, most often catches and gets upfield as fast as he can, good field awareness, uses his head to literally fake out corner backs and fake deep routes on comebacks and deep curls, sells deep routes, great size, inconsistencies and development may have been the result of poor QB play.
Negatives - Not acceptional at getting in and out of his breaks (slow twitch?), does not get great seperation, nothing special in terms of acceleration, not a great route runner and needs further development, was primarily a deep threat at L.S.U and needs to develop his short and intermediate route running, doesnt make defenders miss, will need the right coaching to develop his potetial, not a great run blocker, could have used another year in college IMO, not always great at getting off the line vs. press coverage.
Overall - The "potential" with Randle is high, the question for me is will he work to realize it. He made the switch from high school QB to college WR, and showed improvement, so he is ascending in that regard. Questions regarding acceleration, build up speed, burst and seperation keep in from being a 1st round caliber prospect IMO, but with the right coaching and development could be a solid #2 who could draw coverage. Randle is difficult to gage at times because of potentially poor QB play most of his career with Jordan Jefferson running the offense, and seemed to me to be more consistant with Andy Lee running the offense to me. Anyway, I have him as a second round prospect who needs work, but has considerable upside. The first round talk is a bit much for me and would be what I consider a reach.

Last edited by Poz51 : 02-16-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen him as a legitimate 1st round talent for a while now. Very good size, natural hands and can pluck the ball, impressive combination of speed and quickness for his size, can explode in and out of his breaks, has a large catching radius, can go up and win in jump ball situations and can create after the catch. It's impressive how well he was able to produce despite the incompetency of his QB's. He doesn't pop in one particular area but he is really a very well rounded talent. He's only been playing WR for the last three years so there's still some room for growth there as well. I'm surprised he's remained relatively under the radar given that he was the #1 recruit coming out of high school playing on a team with a ton of exposure. I'm curious what he could do with a real quarterback.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

If given the choice in the mid-late 1st round who would you rather have Mohamed Sanu or Rueben Randle?

It is interesting that he is starting to blow up right now, which is a good sign since people have started looking at the Junior tape.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would he be a good choice at 30 for the 49ers pick?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Would he be a good choice at 30 for the 49ers pick?
My personal opinion is that he'd be a dumb pick, but that depends on how the board shakes down.

There are a lot of WRs in this class that could be really good. If another spot is going to be very thin, I would go with another position.

30th seems like a reach, but I have a feeling someone will reach for him.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was high on him coming outta high school. Top 10 recruit though Tackle. The Bryce Brown somehow was consensus #1 lol. Anyways if Randle had say Mettenberger as his QB this past season he would probably be a top 15 pick. I feel like Randle can be that good.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Physically, he's all there, but I hate the way he catches the football. Way too many body catches IMO. He has the ability to make the easy catches look easy and the harder catches look hard. It sort of mitigates the advantage he has in terms of length. It's going to take a lot of work from a professional receivers coach to fix that, but if it's fixed watch out.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Physically, he's all there, but I hate the way he catches the football. Way too many body catches IMO. He has the ability to make the easy catches look easy and the harder catches look hard. It sort of mitigates the advantage he has in terms of length. It's going to take a lot of work from a professional receivers coach to fix that, but if it's fixed watch out.
This. He's just peaking right now in hype. He's not a first rounder, I don't think.

Also, I'd take Sanu over him.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
This. He's just peaking right now in hype. He's not a first rounder, I don't think.

Also, I'd take Sanu over him.
I thought very similarly, but when Mayock is so committed to him being a 1st round pick and the 4th best WR in the draft it makes you really think.

At the same time Mayock is really down on Jeffery and Sanu.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
I thought very similarly, but when Mayock is so committed to him being a 1st round pick and the 4th best WR in the draft it makes you really think.

At the same time Mayock is really down on Jeffery and Sanu.
Mayock was disappointed in his 40 time and may not keep him in his top 5.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Does he remind anyone of Kenny Britt when he came out?

Big, long and fast, but limited routes and some rough edges that would need to be worked on.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU's passing game was so terrible its hard for me to evaluate the kid. Physically he is all there though. If he can impress at the combine I could see him peaking in the 1st round. Reminds me a lot of Robert Meachem and could see him having a similar career (struggling to grasp the NFL game at first but getting better as time goes along).
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

You are picking at 25 and you are choosing between Sanu and Randle, who do you pick and why?

Why is Sanu not in the top 5 of Mayock Rankings?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
You are picking at 25 and you are choosing between Sanu and Randle, who do you pick and why?

Why is Sanu not in the top 5 of Mayock Rankings?

1. Randle, because he's going to be a better pro IMO. Faster with more upside, but will also get physical.

2. Because he's too slow. A one speed possession receiver who can fight his hands at times.

I think Sanu has become one of the most overrated prospects in this draft.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Mayock on the top WRs in the draft: Four wide receivers should be drafted in the 1st round: Blackmon, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Rueben Randle, but not Alshon Jeffery or Mohamed Sanu.

Z-Report Says: Not really a surprise on this front. As I said in my mock draft, teams view Rueben Randle as a potential #1 WR and love his size/speed. While he wasn’t as productive as the other potential first rounders, teams realize he had QB issues at LSU he had to deal with as well as an extremely conservative attack compared to the other three wide receivers.

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootbal...-in-with-mine/
Old 02-18-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
1. Randle, because he's going to be a better pro IMO. Faster with more upside, but will also get physical.

2. Because he's too slow. A one speed possession receiver who can fight his hands at times.

Totally feel the same about Sanu.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post

I'm pretty sure Anquan Boldin is what you just described in #2, and he put up some alright numbers in his first few years as a #1 before Fitzy rolled around...
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...tter-to-scouts

CBS Sports had Randle at 25.

25. Rueben Randle, WR, LSU: Despite earning All-SEC accolades in 2011, Randle didn't post eye-popping numbers as a junior (53 catches for 973 yards and eight touchdowns). He has been a standout in the conference since signing as an extremely highly touted prep prospect, and has made significant gains each year. Those who questioned his downfield speed after showing just ho-hum speed (4.55 at the combine) were silenced when Randle was clocked in the low 4.4s on two attempts at the 40-yard dash at his March 22 pro day.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like taking long term WR projects in the first round.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Rumors are swirling that he will run sub 4.4 [40], which may cause him to get into the 1st round permently.