Ok, so I figured since this is probably the most all around about a draft that I've known for a couple drafts, I'd try and throw together a last minute mock. It ended up feeling like this:
I also know that so many trades and crap happen so I won't be very correct, and I hate being wrong. But with that being said, I made some surprise picks to be different and I've suggested some trades. One or 2 I actually did. Constructive criticism is good, if you yell at me or say mean things I'm going to take your mother out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again, so think about the consequences. Anywho:
1) Colts: Andrew Luck
2) Redskins: RG3
-why you gotta break my heart so?
3) Vikings: Mo Claiborne, CB, LSU
- So much smoke it's either an episode of Madmen or there's fire.
4) Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Bama
- I think this is going to be/has to be the pick regardless of anything else.
5) Bills (f/Tampa) : Matt Kalil, LT, USC
-hooray predicting trade! I think this is a match made in Heaven. Kalil sures up a Bills Oline. Can step in day one and help an offense that was playoff bound before FJax went down. I also know all the DB hype but surprises happen so often. Probably cost a lot but yeah, I'm just being Miley.
6) Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR, OkSt
-I still think this just has to happen. Get Bradford some weapons to work around. I'm not buying the Cox hype.
7) Chiefs (f/Jax) : Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
-I wrote my mock up prior to typing it...and while typing this, I made this move. I just think the Jags are going to move out of this pick, and the jump for KC won't be too bad.
8) Dolphins: Malcolm Floyd, WR, ND
-With Blackmon and Tanny gone, they go with Floyd to help their offense. I've seen blackmon going to them, and I dont think there's that big of a difference between the 2.
9) Panthers: Fletcher Cox, DT, Miss. St.
-The panthers defense is poopy. Cox in the middle will bring them a big force. Originally had Gilmore here, but I feel they go with the big boy. In a deep WR clas, they can get a guy like Sanu or Alshon in the 2nd to help Cam
10) Bucs (f/Bills) : Luke Kuechly, LB, BC
- Oh hey, the guy they like at 5 is there at 10? Bucs fans respond with "boomtown".
11) Jags (f/Chiefs) : Melvin Ingram, DE/Olb, South Carolina
- Jags, even with a trade down, are hard to mock. But I feel Ingram's the guy here. Although, it was so close to being Gilmore.
12) Seahawks: Stephen Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
- BPA for the Hawks and helps give them a filthy secondary with their top 5 safety duo.
13) Arizona Cardinals: Reilly Reiff, OT, Iowa
- I don't think Fenikz will like this pick, but I didn't know where else to go. Thought about Cordy but I'm not sure his value is that high. Reiff's a guy they can plug in on the OL day one.
14) Cowboys- Mark Barron, Safety, Bama
- I was hoping this didn't happen, but I just didn't see anyone trading up to grab Barron (except the lions..which actually happened in the forum mock, but that's a big jump). Cowgirls luck out and get Barron.
15) Eagles- Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
- boring, logical pick. Whatever. Eagles are dumb.
16) Jets- David Decastro, OG, Stanford
Screwed with no Barron or Ingram, Jets go BPA. their Oline hasn't been as dominant as it once was. This pick pains me to make, but it's something that could happen.
17) Bengals - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
- Not willing to keep up the whole "bengals r criminals" they pass on Jenkins for Dre, another talented CB.
18) Lions (f/Chargers) : Cordy Glenn, OL, UGA
- Lions leapfrog possible destinations for Glenn like the Bears, tits and bengals to grab a guy to help keep Stafford upright. Versatile and can play almost anywhere
19) Bears: Whitney Mercilus, DE Illinois
- Apparently they REALLY like this guy and I'm not one to argue with strong reports.
20) Titans: Dontarius Poe, DT, Memphis
- Surprised the big man has fallen this far, the Titans go for him. Not the ideal fit, but a big man, with Casey, gives them a hellish DT duo.
21) Bengals: Stephen Hill, WR, GT
-An explosive WR to pair with Green and Gresham and do their best to give Dalton some weapons.
22) Browns, Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
- Up there for the most mocked pick, right behind Luck and RG3. srsly.
23) Chargers (f/Lions) : Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Bama
-Upshaw's fall stops in San Diego who traded down and gets a pass rusher to add to their D.
24) Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, LB, Bama
- See pick 22.
25) Denver Broncos: Janoris Jenkins, CB, N. Alabama
- A risky pick here for Denver, but his talent is so great, he's worth the risk. He can learn from Champ and greatly improve this secondary.
26) Houston Texans: Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
- Gives them a non-white guy to pair with Andre. Tempted to give them J. Martin here to replace the cut Winston, and I feel Martin fits best in a ZBS, but Randle makes sense here.
27) Patriots: Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
- Gives them a pass rusher on the outside which they need. Badly.
28) Packers: Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise St.
-Again, a pick I've seen 1000 times...but can't quite argue with.
29) Ravens: Mike Adams, OT, OSU
- McKinnie stinks and Adams is a power guy to plug into that OL and fits their style. Not a HUGE fan of this pick, but one I feel fits the best.
30) 49ers: Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern St.
- Fits their power style and gives them an incredible OL. I like him over Zeitler, and Konz is falling.
31) Patriots: George Iloka, S, Boise St.
-Surprise! Some will say it's a reach, but it's the pats, so nobody is surprised. I pick I like and will shock many, but one I can really see happening.
32) Giants: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss
- Is it weird my team was one of the hardest to mock? So many options, but I feel Massie is the guy on our board. His run blocking will be huge for us and we can plug him in on the right side and let Beatty/Diehl duke it out at LT. And by that, I mean Diehl at LT and Beatty being a creamuff Uconn loser on the bench.
I know there are guys like Chandler Jones, Martin and Reyes and some others I let fall out of the first...but cue BF with the "deal with it" .gifs.