Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-29-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Discuss the draft class as a whole.

I'll start with KC V
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
just a quick few thoughts on this draft. it was the ultimate in unsexy. when the sexiest part of your draft is the athleticism of a NT or a 4th rd slot WR nick named "Wiggles", them its unsexy. however, as unsexy as it may have been, it was just what this team needed. we added depth at some key positions. we added LOTS of beef to the offensive and defensive lines. we have players with high potential at key positions where they can learn at become greatly improved. i'm a little surprized that a CB or true 5 tech wasn't drafted (or earlier), but all in all this isn't going to be a draft graded with a A+ from draft pundits. what is going to do is add a lot of lunch pale workers to this team at positions we needed help. later down the line, we may look back at this draft as a big reason for our sustained success

one quick pat on the back for myself (watch me break my arm doing it). the Chiefs selected and signed 0 QBs this entire weekend. as i said the second they signed Quinn, i felt they wouldn't draft a QB. i think they flirted with Tannehill, but ultimately they did not want to trade up to get him.

this is also a firm indication, as most of us know, that Stanzi is the QB of the Future and just because he didn't start any games last year it isn't reason to give up on him yet. that year of learning, watching film and practicing with this team will be invaluable. (on a side note, if only he were the magical age of 28 already, he could start over Cassel, right J? i guess you were right about a team taking him in round 1, but we have to wait a couple years to see his success. wait i mean this year, cause he won't get to many years of being avg before he collects social security.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts run parallel. Great draft for depth, which is good.We had few real needs.

Poe fills the big one,no pun intended. NT has been an issue for years, but no longer. Allen will push if not replace Lilja. Not a need, but a nice situation.

The rest was depth, projects and role filing. The unspoken need has been for a top slot receiver. Wylie is going to be a very good slot man. Hemingway is a perfect WR5. Menzie is a ST ace and dime safety. Stephenson and Gray understudy Albert and JC.

This was a good draft. We gain a lot of size, some speed, and tons of depth.

J
Old 04-29-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I disagree with is that Allen wasn't a need. Lilja is about to be 30 years old and his play declined significantly last year.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaston is a top slot receiver... They were just too stupid to play him where GW belonged and were forced to play him wide early while Baldwin was out. They needed depth in the worst way, though. The second sentence is an indictment on their depth at WR.

This was the perfect draft for this team.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

For many years now KC has had one of the worst offensive lines. This year they signed Winston and drafted Allen and Stephenson giving them immediate options to upgrade the line both this year and in the future. They also built more depth at running back with

Cyrus Gray who was the complete package at A&M but ran behind a very overrate OLine and didn't produce as well as his talent suggest. He could be a better pro than collegian and as we seen last year after Charles was hurt there as no depth.

The NFL is about matchups and getting Wylie forces a team to put another corner of the field and gives us options with our TE's or running game. I thought this was a great pick the more I looked at it.

Poe is what he is which is a boom or bust prospect. They upside is so much and the need so great you can't blame the pick. I don't know what to think of it but I'll be cheering like hell for it to work out as our defense would be stout if we ever get a dominate NT.

Now we get to wait until training camp.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:25 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
For many years now KC has had one of the worst offensive lines. This year they signed Winston and drafted Allen and Stephenson giving them immediate options to upgrade the line both this year and in the future. They also built more depth at running back with

Cyrus Gray who was the complete package at A&M but ran behind a very overrate OLine and didn't produce as well as his talent suggest. He could be a better pro than collegian and as we seen last year after Charles was hurt there as no depth.

The NFL is about matchups and getting Wylie forces a team to put another corner of the field and gives us options with our TE's or running game. I thought this was a great pick the more I looked at it.

Poe is what he is which is a boom or bust prospect. They upside is so much and the need so great you can't blame the pick. I don't know what to think of it but I'll be cheering like hell for it to work out as our defense would be stout if we ever get a dominate NT.

Now we get to wait until training camp.
We have not had one of the worst OL. We did in 2008 and half of 2009. In 2010 it was among the best in the league. Last year we were not as healthy and losing Waters hurt badly. Still the OL was not in the bottom third.

Gray has serious holes in his game, which is why he lasted to the 6th. But he also has speed, which you cannot teach. We will see if he can learn what can be taught.

Wylie is my favorite pick, partly because so few people get it.

Poe is not a boom or bust. He has a very nice floor level. At the very least he will be a competent starter, which all the floor you ever get.

J
Old 04-30-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
We have not had one of the worst OL. We did in 2008 and half of 2009. In 2010 it was among the best in the league. Last year we were not as healthy and losing Waters hurt badly. Still the OL was not in the bottom third.

J
Jamal Charles was unreal for half of 2009 and all of 2010. He is a special back that made our line metrics look better. This wasn't a good line and hasn't been for quite some time.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jamal Charles was unreal for half of 2009 and all of 2010. He is a special back that made our line metrics look better. This wasn't a good line and hasn't been for quite some time.
The OL was solid in 2010. The few weak points they had were masked by Weis's gameplanning which is based entirely around getting the ball out of the QB's hands as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, they lacked the depth at receiver to do much other than run the ball and run the same over/under passing game with Moeaki & Bowe. Both of which were shut down easily by stacking the box and making a coverage adjustment.

There are three differences between 2010 and 2011. 1. Lilja played at a Pro Bowl level in 2010 and was awful in 2011, 2. Richardson was pretty good for most of 2010 and just completely lost it in 2011, and 3. the gameplanning was awful in 2011.

In 2012, they have a solid LT, All-Pro level RT, very good RG, potentially very good C, and Lilja will have a short leash at LG -- and only one of those players wasn't on the team last year, so there's very good continuity (which is more important than talent in most instances -- for OL at least). The offensive attack will also be much more dynamic than it's probably ever been in Kansas City and that will help the OL as well.

Last edited by nepg : 04-30-2012 at 11:28 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
There is some validity in that, but only some. The line started to come together the second half of 2009. Granted, it was part of the process of the whole offense jelling, but the line played well for a about 1 1/3 seasons, and elite at points.

Then it came apart. Last year was not actively bad, except at the very beginning of the season. But mediocre was its upside for the first 2/3. Improvement was needed, and we lacked personnel.

J
Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad they didn't draft QB because my number one QB man crush is Stanzi who everyone seemed to forget about leading up to the draft when they were projecting Cousins/Tannehill to the Chiefs.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I am glad they didn't draft QB because my number one QB man crush is Stanzi who everyone seemed to forget about leading up to the draft when they were projecting Cousins/Tannehill to the Chiefs.
Yeah, I never understood the media completely leaving Stanzi out of the equation (well, that's sort of a lie - I know they're ********). Yet, they'd bring up Brady ******* Quinn every chance they got. Quinn is the 3rd QB on this roster. He wasn't brought in to be any kind of an upgrade to the #2 QB position, he was brought in because he's a great clipboard holder and a good guy in the lockerroom.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, I never understood the media completely leaving Stanzi out of the equation (well, that's sort of a lie - I know they're ********). Yet, they'd bring up Brady ******* Quinn every chance they got. Quinn is the 3rd QB on this roster. He wasn't brought in to be any kind of an upgrade to the #2 QB position, he was brought in because he's a great clipboard holder and a good guy in the lockerroom.
I am a bit high on Quinn. He was extremely overhyped coming out, but he was worth at least a 2nd/3rd round pick. He has some accumulated experience, and there is not any rush to use him.

Stanzi was last year's Cousins. We will see if that is good or bad.

J
Old 04-30-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is absolutely ZERO REASON to be high on Stanzi. ZERO. There is nothing you can point to right now about his time as a pro. There is literally nothing. If this team is seriously considering banking its future on a 5th round QB, we're in trouble.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Stanzi has high end starting QB potential. Much higher ceiling and floor than anyone taken after the first round of 2012. There's nothing about his time as a pro to show otherwise.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Stanzi has high end starting QB potential. Much higher ceiling and floor than anyone taken after the first round of 2012. There's nothing about his time as a pro to show otherwise.
Why? Why does he have high end starting QB potential? What has he done SINCE HE JOINED THE LEAGUE points to that at all? Nothing. There is nothing about his time as a pro to PROVE THAT.

You're usually a pretty bad homer, but this kind of stuff is just stupid.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Why? Why does he have high end starting QB potential? What has he done SINCE HE JOINED THE LEAGUE points to that at all? Nothing. There is nothing about his time as a pro to PROVE THAT.

You're usually a pretty bad homer, but this kind of stuff is just stupid.
Has anyone really heard anything about his development? It seems like the Chiefs like him and think he is developing well. It seems a little early to write off a guy with one year of experience. He joined the league a year ago during the lockout shortened season.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Has anyone really heard anything about his development? It seems like the Chiefs like him and think he is developing well. It seems a little early to write off a guy with one year of experience. He joined the league a year ago during the lockout shortened season.
No one really knows anything outside of Arrowhead and that's the way the Chiefs like it. He was drafted as a developmental QB and didn't take a snap during the regular season. Does that make him good or bad? If the Chiefs had drafted a QB in the first few rounds this year it would probably mean that Stanzi would be gone since they aren't going to keep 4 QBs on the roster. As it is, he probably has another year to develop.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I don't know if he's developing well or not, but when nepg spouts of ******** like "Stanzi has high end starting QB potential" when we don't know and there is no proof at all of that since he has joined the league, it's annoying. Nepg still refused to answer the question because it's another example of him trying to seem like he knows what he's talking about when he really doesn't.

I don't know if Stanzi is bad, but I'm not going to put the hopes of my franchise in the hands of a fifth rounder. Stanzi is not Tom Brady. I'd love it if he were, but Brady is the exception, not the rule.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all, I don't consider myself a Stanzi-guy, I didn't think he was much at Iowa, however he does have some physical tools. To knock the guy for not showing anything in his first year is a little ridiculous, especially factoring in he is a 5th rounder, and his first off season was very hampered by the lockout. That said, we shouldn't be banking on Stanzi as the future either. And don't worry about not getting a QB in the draft, after Luck and RG3, there weren't any decent QB prospects. And don't talk to me about Tannehill, we will see him flame out in 3 years.

As far as the draft goes, I can live with Poe because of the phenomenal athleticism and hope in Romeos coaching. I would have taken Mike Adams in round 2. He is a better tackle now than both Allen and Stephenson and will be a better tackle in the future. I would have taken Brandon Thompson in the 3rd, and as much as I like Wylie I would have gone Keshawn Martin in the 4th. I would've been shocked to see George Iloka still in the 5th and taken him. Seeing Brandon Washington still available in the 6th would have made him a Chief. I actually like the Chiefs 7th round, but if it were me, I would've taken Markus Kuhn and B.J. Coleman.

I like that draft better than what we got, would've provided immediate help and still been looking to the future, and upgraded the both lines substantially.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

I might as well post my comments from the general forum.

Round 1, pick 11: Dontari Poe - NT - Memphis (A)

Poeis reputed to have been their #1 NT before the Combine. Scott had him as his #1 DT for a while. Seriously, this is very solid pick. That being said, it appears Kuechly was their guy.

Round 2, pick 44: Jeff Allen - OG - Illinois (B+)

OL was thin and banged up last year. Improving it was an off season priority. Allen is a natural in pass blocking, so he looks like a LG. Lilja was much better at RG than LG, and he's 30, so that makes sense.

Round 3, pick 74: Donald Stephenson - OT - Oklahoma (B+)

In the theme of the last post, more work on the OL. DS has 1st round tools, but is very raw. Winston has a 4 year contract, but after 2012 and maybe 2013, he will face some competition. For that matter, DS may push Albert to RT.

Round 4, pick 107: Devon Wylie - WR - Fresno State (A)

The Chiefs draft middle rounds for roles or total value. Wylie is a role guy. Breaston is one sort of slot receiver, and Wylie is another. He plays a lot from day one, and may catch 100 passes some year.

Round 5, pick 146: DeQuan Menzie - S - Alabama (B-)

I am persuaded to like this pick a little better now than at first. I still think its a reach. Menzie is an undersized safety, who played CB in college. He si a prototypical Chiefs player: focused, dedicated, overachiever. He will be a great ST hammer, and may have been drafted as a ST first player. Another case of drafting roles.

Round 6, pick 182: Cyrus Gray - RB - Texas A&M (B)

I am not a big fan. For a RB that is built like a truck, he does not play like one. Still, he has virtues, and his price is very sheap. He will have to learn pass blocking if he is going to get any PT.

Round 7, pick 218: Jerome Long - DT - SDSU (D)

I will not fail a 7th round pick. I just hope the Chiefs know something everyone else does not. This guy makes Gabe Miller look publicized.

Round 7, pick 238: Junior Hemingway - WR - Michigan (B)

Now we are talking. This is what I want from a 7th round pick. Good body, but a tad short for TE. Played in Michigan's funky offense. He looks like a good WR5/ST gunner/H-back in training. Good dice roll.

The Chiefs had few holes, and they addressed the big one at #11. Poe could be a combination of a lot of good players, but really he is unique--a NT who can both penetrate and anchor. His technique isnt yet, but he will make a difference by year end. The rest of the draft addressed depth issues at OL, WR, DB and especially ST. Other than Poe, there likely will not be any immediate starters, but down the road, we could have several.

For a grade, this draft is solid, but lacks last year's brilliance. B+.

J
Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm a pretty big fan of this draft after it really sunk in. It isn't sexy, but it should be very effective and hit a lot of depth that were glaring areas of need.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting quote from Romeo's part of the Day 1 press conference: "We were ready with several different players, as they went off the board...he was still there so we made the choice." I think onejayhawk is probably right about Kuechly being their first choice. Nevertheless, if it works out, the Chiefs should thank Carolina for making the decision for them.

A couple of things strike me about this draft, there appears to be no pressure from Clark Hunt to make the splashy kind of pick that will sell tickets. These are all picks that will only appeal to football geeks. They are also long term picks that only a secure GM and HC can make.

Finally, I suspect Romeo has a lot more say in the draft room than we might have imagined. A lot of these guys are "coach's picks" as opposed to "scout's picks." Players who may not have performed up to their abilities in college but who can be coached up at the next level.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I don't know... Of course Romeo has say in the matter, but he and Pioli think the same way as far as players go anyway. If Pioli likes a guy, Romeo probably does too. Without them ever discussing the player with one another, if you took them in opposite rooms and asked them about the guy, they'd have similar things to say.

It's not like with Haley where you have a GM who's been doing it for decades and then a head coach who is an infant as far as evaluating players coming out of the draft is concerned.

Romeo and Scott have both been doing this for decades under the same banner. They both know what they're doing and they are on the same page just by default. You won't see them fighting with each other over a player decision like you might see with Haley-Pioli.

Last edited by nepg : 04-30-2012 at 07:16 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know... Of course Romeo has say in the matter, but he and Pioli think the same way as far as players go anyway. If Pioli likes a guy, Romeo probably does too. Without them ever discussing the player with one another, if you took them in opposite rooms and asked them about the guy, they'd have similar things to say.

It's not like with Haley where you have a GM who's been doing it for decades and then a head coach who is an infant as far as evaluating players coming out of the draft is concerned.

Romeo and Scott have both been doing this for decades under the same banner. They both know what they're doing and they are on the same page just by default. You won't see them fighting with each other over a player decision like you might see with Haley-Pioli.
Sometimes I have to wonder where this stuff comes from.

Haley was a scout before he was ever a coach.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Sometimes I have to wonder where this stuff comes from.

Haley was a scout before he was ever a coach.
He just makes stuff up as he goes along. It's rather annoying at times.