Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 NFLDC Top 10 S

1. Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens (194)
2. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers (157)
3. Earl Thomas, Seattle Seahawks (144)
4. Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs (121)
5. Eric Weddle, San Diego Chargers (118)
6. Adrian Wilson, Arizona Cardinals (109)
7. Kam Chancellor, Seattle Seahawks (71)
8. Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills (68)
9. Dashon Goldson, San Francisco 49ers (36)
10. Tyvon Branch, Oakland Raiders (28)

*Vote Total in Parentheses

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Kenny or Rolle get any votes?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Did Kenny or Rolle get any votes?
Yes Phillips was 2 points behind Branch so he was technically #11. Rolle only had 8 points.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6. Adrian Wilson

Wut.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
6. Adrian Wilson

Wut.
Yeah that was the first thing that stood out to me too.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never sent my list in but I'm surprised to see Reed and Polamalu #1 and 2. Name recognition, I guess. In no particular order, I think Berry, Thomas, and Weddle are the 3 best safeties in the league.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I never sent my list in but I'm surprised to see Reed and Polamalu #1 and 2. Name recognition, I guess. In no particular order, I think Berry, Thomas, and Weddle are the 3 best safeties in the league.
Ed Reed is still the best safety in the NFL. Nobody DB outside Revis disrupts a passing game like Ed Reed.

I was close on this one as well, I had every one of these guys but Kam Chancellor in my Top 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ed Reed is still the best safety in the NFL. Nobody DB outside Revis disrupts a passing game like Ed Reed.

I was close on this one as well, I had every one of these guys but Kam Chancellor in my Top 10.
Earl's better than Reed at this point.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Earl's better than Reed at this point.
At tackling, sure. In coverage, no. Give me the best coverage safety over all else.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9. Dashon Goldson, San Francisco 49ers

LOL. No.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
9. Dashon Goldson, San Francisco 49ers

LOL. No.
Yeah, he could probably be higher. :P
Old 06-23-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Yeah, he could probably be higher. :P
He had a hell of a year. Stuntin was a habit for him in 2011.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe KP missed this list. Weedle should be higher too. I actually left Berry off my list because I was only basing it on what we've already seen and having only seen one season(albeit a dominant one) I could put him above some of these guys, especially since I'm not sure how he will recover.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Bethea at 6, Nick Collins, and Kenny Phillips rounding out 9 and 10. I left off Goldson, Branch, and Byrd.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll admit I completely forgot Eric Berry on my list, so it's funny he still wound up at #4.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted for Troy P at #2 just because i knew it was going down like that. the top 2 were set in stone whether anyone likes it or not, although i do agree with Ed going #1. Troy could be a bit further down the list.

i think if Nick Collins career wasn't in question he'd be top 5, as well. i was going to ***** about Eric Berry being so high after only playing a single season, but then i looked and saw i rated him #5. heh
Old 06-22-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
i voted for Troy P at #2 just because i knew it was going down like that.
Well that's a dumb way to vote
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Well that's a dumb way to vote
lol yeah, i knew it wouldn't have mattered either way tho.

it'd be like voting for Herman Cain when you knew Mitt Romney was getting the nomination anyway.

...loved Black Walnut, man.

edit// but yeah, each of those guys made my list except Tyvon Branch and Adrian Wilson
Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put Troy P very low on my list. I didn't even put Berry on my list. I think he gets vastly overrated on these boards. I loved him in college and as a prospect. But he had a good and then missed last year with an injury. He needs to show a bit more before he can be called a top five safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was curious to see what everyone thought of Collins on this board for a while but that time has passed.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I was curious to see what everyone thought of Collins on this board for a while but that time has passed.
I would have had him at #2 or 3 (after Reed, ahead of Polamalu, with Thomas gaining pretty rapidly). Collins didn't get as much hype as Woodson and Clay, but you can make a case that he was the best player on the Packers defense.

Regarding Davis, there's just something about him that's missing. Maybe it's the fluidity, like somebody else said. On paper, there's absolutely no way that he shouldn't be straight up dominating the NFL. I don't question his work ethic, his blocking is great, his hands are good, his triangle numbers are farking amazing...

I'm looking forward to the TE thread.

Last edited by WCH : 06-25-2012 at 03:30 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There aren't very many good safeties in the NFL.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:32 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
There aren't very many good safeties in the NFL.
I agree. I'd go as far as to say it is probably the hardest position in the entire league to find a truly elite high impact player for. They say QB is but I actually think S edges it out just slightly.

And that's because the position is extremely hard to be good at. Gotta tackle like Willis and cover like Revis, or most of the time a safety will be in the highlights for the wrong reason. Seemingly plenty of people call TroyP and Reed overrated. When people who make such claims stop to think, they need to ask themselves, relative to what? Certainly no one else at the position.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:11 AM    (permalink
Norris
Rookie

Norris hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I want to see Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers on the top of list because both are really very great players.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris View Post
I want to see Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers on the top of list because both are really very great players.
Look at this newbie...
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote