Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jets have outdone themselves this time

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sell/#comments

I don't care if he does not even sign with them. For the Jets to even have this conversation is an absolute joke.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're also looking at Vick and Jeff George

Should be a party
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would be more epic Russell vs. Sanchez in a QB battle or Gabbart vs. Tebow hmmmm (Before anyone says it I know Tebow isn't going to the Jags).
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I'm getting here is that they talked about him at some point; it's not like they sat down and started planning on building an offense around him. It could have been as simple as "Do we want to bring in that fat slob and use him as a camp arm? No? Ok." Every team in the league should dedicate a few minutes to discussing the possibility of letting big-name busts have a tryout. Sometimes you get good things out of those guys.

This was smart. I don't see the big deal.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-29-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why it's that funny. Sign him to a vet minimum contract see what he has... Worst it costs you 40,000 bucks. I don't think he'll ever be good... But everyone loves a come back
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like the move. Desperate high upside QB with a rocket arm is willing to come into camp for a thousand bucks the QB situation is bad and the cap situation is worse. Worst case scenario you lost 1000 bucks that doesn't even count against your cap and a single roster spot out of the 80 you bring into camp. Best case you have a Starting QB making league minimum. I like the risk reward this offers.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The saddest part is he might win the job!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you are o dumb jets damn!
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After thinking about it. Yes he's worth the look I've said that already. But what if he turns out to be a little more how he played in college? Could you really make this guy the starting QB of your football team? Build a team around him? I don't think so. So in that case it's almost wasting your time.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
After thinking about it. Yes he's worth the look I've said that already. But what if he turns out to be a little more how he played in college? Could you really make this guy the starting QB of your football team? Build a team around him? I don't think so. So in that case it's almost wasting your time.
If he looks the way he looked in college AND won a competition for the job, sure...you could make him your starter. Remember, winning fixes everything; even murder.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, just no. Only a joke of a franchise would consider this. He ate himself out of the league once already. Dumb as a box of rocks with a terrible work ethic. He isn't even under 300 lbs. I'd give any UDFA QB a try out over this guy.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
No, just no. Only a joke of a franchise would consider this. He ate himself out of the league once already. Dumb as a box of rocks with a terrible work ethic. He isn't even under 300 lbs. I'd give any UDFA QB a try out over this guy.
I think you nailed it. But please, please let him sign with the Jets. That would totally make my year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
He has supposedly slimmed down according to the article. I still say its worth a camp body.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
He has supposedly slimmed down according to the article. I still say its worth a camp body.
He's slimmed down to 305 from like 330. We've finally found someone that benefited from Hostess going out of business.

If he keeps his workouts going he might be worth a tryout, but be damn hard to trust the guy after last time.
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:13 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they just want more reasons to start mark sanchez without actually upgrading the position.

i hope he makes it and wins.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i actually wanna see the guy succeed. i was a fan of his at LSU and was sad to see him squander his opportunity. we'll see what happens

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what you guys are smoking.

I'd give him a workout every off season until he's 40. Even if he doesn't make the team, he still has more natural talent than anyone you will find in this draft or the next few.

The guy will eventually grow up and realize he has missed out on so much money... then he'll start working really hard.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The guy will eventually grow up and realize he has missed out on so much money... then he'll start working really hard.
lolno

He's a fat, lazy, junkie slob. There's no waking up from that. There's wishing you could, but your default setting of fat, lazy, junkie slob will always win in the end.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:52 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
lolno

He's a fat, lazy, junkie slob. There's no waking up from that. There's wishing you could, but your default setting of fat, lazy, junkie slob will always win in the end.
...said everyone about Mike Williams before the 2010 season.

I think JaFatass is a mental midget. I've been more consistent in that opinion that just about anyone. I've been screaming it from the rooftops since prior to the 07 draft.

But there are so many overreactions here.

Bringing in busts or supposed has-beens who've stunk it up in other cities for the smallest amount of money possible in the offseason to try out/compete for a job is very smart football. It's a zero-risk proposition that has a chance of paying off to an unknown degree...sometimes you get nothing, sometimes you get a guy who is a good part of a rotation, sometimes you get one year of good play, sometimes you hit the jackpot and get multiple Pro Bowls.

Marshawn Lynch? Kurt Warner? Reggie Bush? Tim Jennings? Amobi Okoye? Brett Favre? Jason Babin? Kevin Curtis? Bryant McKinnie? Michael Vick? Rich Gannon? Jonathan Goodwin? Aaron Maybin? Evan Mathis?

We can name guys who looked like washed-up retreads or giant busts that ended up contributing to some degree all day.

This isn't a press release about the Jets signing Russell and declaring him the starter. This is an anonymous source saying that they've talked about him. 31 other teams have undoubtedly talked about him, too...it's just that no one has mentioned them.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
...said everyone about Mike Williams before the 2010 season.

I think JaFatass is a mental midget. I've been more consistent in that opinion that just about anyone. I've been screaming it from the rooftops since prior to the 07 draft.

But there are so many overreactions here.

Bringing in busts or supposed has-beens who've stunk it up in other cities for the smallest amount of money possible in the offseason to try out/compete for a job is very smart football. It's a zero-risk proposition that has a chance of paying off to an unknown degree...sometimes you get nothing, sometimes you get a guy who is a good part of a rotation, sometimes you get one year of good play, sometimes you hit the jackpot and get multiple Pro Bowls.

Marshawn Lynch? Kurt Warner? Reggie Bush? Tim Jennings? Amobi Okoye? Brett Favre? Jason Babin? Kevin Curtis? Bryant McKinnie? Michael Vick? Rich Gannon? Jonathan Goodwin? Aaron Maybin? Evan Mathis?

We can name guys who looked like washed-up retreads or giant busts that ended up contributing to some degree all day.

This isn't a press release about the Jets signing Russell and declaring him the starter. This is an anonymous source saying that they've talked about him. 31 other teams have undoubtedly talked about him, too...it's just that no one has mentioned them.
This x1000.

It's like someone giving you stock in a company that was once worth a ton, for dirt. Anything you can get out of it is a net gain, and if you don't, you're just out of a little dirt. If he shows he is in shape, there's no reason not to give him a shot. He had a ridiculous amount of talent, and maybe just maybe he will learn that his best bet is to stay in shape and keep his bad influences out of his life.

Again, there's nothing to lose by letting him go to camp with you. I'd roll the dice, they may strike the lottery and get the guy he was supposed to be coming out of LSU.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'd give him a workout every off season until he's 40. Even if he doesn't make the team, he still has more natural talent than anyone you will find in this draft or the next few.
I guess "eating" would be considered a "natural talent".

Quote:
Enjoy your wait for that, sir.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I guess "eating" would be considered a "natural talent".

Enjoy your wait for that, sir.
I wouldn't wait for it to happen. I'm just saying it's a zero risk move. It's not like people will rally around him if he's sitting on his butt. The only thing you lose out on is that camp arm you were going to cut anyways.

Can you put him on IR for being fat?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see JaMarcus Russell throwing it to Mike Williams.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those 31 other teams that talked about him concluded their comment with a pause...and a "I'm just kidding! I really had you guys going, didn't I?"

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote