Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Look Back At Who YOU Wanted For Your Team

This is supposed to be a fun thread to look back on players you wanted your team to select, and they chose elsewhere. This can be a player that would have turned out great, or one that wouldn't have.

In 2002, I wanted Ed Reed for the Titans instead of Albert Haynesworth.
Outcome: Albert was one of the best DT's in the NFL for about 3 seasons, but Ed Reed has been one of the best FS's ever in the NFL. In addition, we have received inconsistent FS ever since.

In 2005, my favorite player in that draft was Antrel Rolle. We selected Pacman Jones and in a few years he was gone due to off the field issues.
Outcome: While Rolle hasn't became the player I thought he would, he's still a very good player. Pacman was on his way to becoming one of the best CBs in the game, but you have to think back now that Rolle would have been the better selection

In 2007, I really wanted Dwayne Bowe. We selected Michael Griffin. Outcome: Both were areas of needs and both have turned into good players. I think the edge would go to Bowe.

In 2011, I wanted DE/DT JJ Watt. We selected QB Jake Locker.
Outcome: Watt is one of the best defensive players in the NFL while Locker has been up and down throughout his career, he has looked really good at times, but also awful at times. Graded out right now, JJ Watt would have been the selection
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had a pretty good run the last few years.

In 2010 I wanted Berry or McClain. In 2011 I wanted Phil Taylor, but we ended up with Jon Baldwin. barf. In 2012 I wanted Poe or Tannehill if he fell. Before that I was wrong pretty much every year the Chiefs have existed, so yay me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 2006, I wanted Cromartie. We took Tye Hill.

In 2007 I really wanted Patrick Willis but he didn't make it to our pick. I actually really liked Eric Weddle that year. Rams took Adam Carriker.

In 2008 I wanted Chris Long

2009 I wanted Aaron Curry. We took Jason Smith. Both bust.

2011 I REALLY wanted Aldon Smith but he was selected 7th overall (ha, I remember Niner fans complaining that it was a reach) our pick, I wanted Quinn or Jimmy Smith
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have one of these that stands out way above the rest of mine.

In 2009, I really wanted to use a mid-round pick on Arian Foster to be the change-of-pace for Matt Forte. I beat that drum for a couple of months, right up to the draft.

Of course in 2007, I was salivating over Brady Quinn, so whatever.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I have one of these that stands out way above the rest of mine.

In 2009, I really wanted to use a mid-round pick on Arian Foster to be the change-of-pace for Matt Forte. I beat that drum for a couple of months, right up to the draft.

Of course in 2007, I was salivating over Brady Quinn, so whatever.
I wanted Arian Foster as a late round selection as well. Last year, it was Bryce Brown and it's looking like he may have been a wise late rounder as well. Although, I doubt he hits Foster's level
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 2007 i wanted Timmons or Spencer, we got timmons...id say he has an edge over spencer in terms of their careers thus far. We got woodley that year who turned out to be everything the cowboys wished spencer was. there were HARD rumors of the steelers targeting Revis or Carriker, both players i HATED....lol

in 09 i wanted michael oher so bad i could have cried when he kept slipping and they made no effort to move up...they ended up with evander hood who is an abortion of a DE

in 2010 i wanted pouncey, i got pouncey...im happy with pouncey. I really wanted golden tate or mt. cody in round 2, they took worilds who is ******* terrible. I was in love with thad gibson that year too, we drafted him but he didnt make the team very long :-( so aaron smith could stay off IR but not play. Though he was a project, but one worth hanging onto. I lovvveeddd al woods that year too but the saints drafted him, but the steelers did end up with him off waivers, this is a make or break year for him

in 2011 i wanted heyward and i got heyward....i also wanted curtis brown and marcus gilbert and i got them too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few of mine that I actually remember:

Jay Cutler over Vince Young. No question who the better player is, although Cutler can be maddeningly inconsistent...at least he's still in the league and at times playing at a high level. (I wanted Reggie Bush over everyone, but he obviously went before our pick).

Carlos Rogers over Pacman. Pacman was really good for a couple years before he got into all his trouble. Rogers has been solid.

Robert Meachem (lawl homer) or Dwayne Bowe over Michael Griffin. Bowe would be the obvious choice here, in my opinion.

David DeCastro over Kendall Wright. I think all Titans fans wanted this to happen.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who I wanted in the first round of the last nine drafts based on who was available when the Patriots were on the clock, and who New England selected:

2004: Vince Wilfork/Karlos Dansby (Vince Wilfork/Ben Watson)

2005: Channing Crowder (Logan Mankins)

2006: DeMeco Ryans (Laurence Maroney)

2007: Brandon Meriweather (Brandon Meriweather)

2008: Brandon Flowers (Jerod Mayo)

2009: Rey Maualuga (Patrick Chung)

2010: Jared Odrick (Devin McCourty)

2011: Cameron Heyward (Nate Solder)

2012: Chandler Jones/Janoris Jenkins (Chandler Jones/Dont'a Hightower)

Overall, I think New England's picks may have been better, but I had some pretty good preferences as well, especially Dansby over Watson and Ryans over Maroney. New England's future probably wouldn't be so bright without Mankins, McCourty, or Solder though.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Who I wanted in the first round of the last nine drafts based on who was available when the Patriots were on the clock, and who New England selected:

2004: Vince Wilfork/Karlos Dansby (Vince Wilfork/Ben Watson)

2005: Channing Crowder (Logan Mankins)

2006: DeMeco Ryans (Laurence Maroney)

2007: Brandon Meriweather (Brandon Meriweather)

2008: Brandon Flowers (Jerod Mayo)

2009: Rey Maualuga (Patrick Chung)

2010: Jared Odrick (Devin McCourty)

2011: Cameron Heyward (Nate Solder)

2012: Chandler Jones/Janoris Jenkins (Chandler Jones/Dont'a Hightower)

Overall, I think New England's picks may have been better, but I had some pretty good preferences as well, especially Dansby over Watson and Ryans over Maroney. New England's future probably wouldn't be so bright without Mankins, McCourty, or Solder though.
I wanted Kendall Reyes and Harrison Smith so bad in 2012.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Dallas.

2004: Steven Jackson (Trade down for an additional first+Julius Jones). I remember thinking regardless of value Steven Jackson was the ideal back that we desperately needed. Turned the TV off and had to cool off.

2005: DeMarcus Ware (DeMarcus Ware). Went back and forward between Ware and Erasmus James during the offseason but was solidly Ware. Good thing given how James ended up.

2006: We picked Bobby Carpenter which I had very little issue with given that Greenway was off the board. I would of taken Greenway over Carpenter 10 out of 10 though. This draft I remember being pissed as we passed over OTs in order to draft the likes of Anthony Fasano, Skyler Green, etc. The Fasano pick had me fuming.

2007: Don't remember my reaction to Spencer but we needed someone across from Ware as Ellis was becoming injury prone. In the fourth round though Isaiah Stanback was atrocious though.

2008: At 22 I was screaming for Michael Jenkins and we selected Felix Jones (we did take Jenkins 3 picks later so I was better at that stage). I was sold on the Felix Jones pick as I was naive in thinking Marion "The Barbarian" would run like that forever.

2009: FU! FU! FU! Just for making me think about this year. The dreaded Roy Williams draft. I remember being really happy watching Max Unger falling and then Seattle snatching him. We traded down about 400 times to acquire more picks which we selected mostly "special teams" guys since we were so deep talent-wise. I hated this draft. :(

2010: Dez Bryant (Dez Bryant). Loved the pick and was honestly gutted when Denver was on the clock at 22 and looked to take Dez.

2011: Tyron Smith (Tyron Smith). I was ecstatic with this pick. After being told we don't spend high picks on offensive lineman we went out and grabbed the best one in the draft.

2012: We traded up here and nabbing Claiborne was a coup for the value in the trade. I LOVED DeCastro and honestly thought we he was going to be drafted in the 8-12 range. Hindsight it seems silly given that I rate Warmack as a better prospect but I was all-aboard the DeCastro train.

I think SJax would of had an amazing career in Dallas and I think a harder focus on the offensive line from 2006 until 2010 might of lessened the cliff Dallas fell off performance wise.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I almost cried when the Pats could've had Michael Oher and Clay Matthews but we traded back. That's the one that sticks out the most. At least that resulted in us drafting Darius Butler.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I almost cried when the Pats could've had Michael Oher and Clay Matthews but we traded back. That's the one that sticks out the most. At least that resulted in us drafting Darius Butler.
Gosh. I really wanted Clay. In the second round we drafted Vollmer I was soooo mad. Glad I was not right about him but still. Just imagine Clay on the pats :(

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The main one I remember HATING for the Saints is us getting Jonathan Sullivan :/
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all wanted Chandler Jones, that is probably why we were so surprised when it actually happened. Early on in the process I thought we would draft Harrison Smith but I wasn't too fond of the idea. I ended up slightly warming to it a little later, but I still wasn't a huge fan of the idea. He looks like he is going to be the real deal.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off the top of my head in 2005 I really wanted Aaron Rodgers but of course we took two Auburn players smfh. Then in 2007 even though we had Portis I wanted Peterson so badly. 2010 I was all aboard the Eric Berry train even though offensive tackle was our biggest need.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 DeCastro
2011 PP7
2010 JPP/Jerry Hughes/Dan Williams/Daryl Washington
2009 Aaron Maybin/Beanie Wells/LeSean McCoy
Old 02-04-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2009- Wanted Oher, took Harvin
2010- Wanted Jimmy Clausen (lolz), took Chris Cook
2011- Wanted Nick Fairley, took Ponder
2012- Wanted Kalil or Claiborne, took Kalil
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night reminded me of 2009 when the Seahawks to Curry over Crabtree. Probably the worst draft pick the Seahawks have made since I've been a fan.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is so smart!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Everyone is so smart!
I know, right? Seems like no one ever liked a huge bust!
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol i got sick to my stomach at the thought of revis going to the steelers and i probably would have taken michael oher #1 overall his year

i wanted kentwaan balmer pretty bad back in the day

i wanted sinorice moss, we got holmes but i didnt think there was any way in hell he'd be there when they picked him

i was DYING for either limas sweed or quentin groves when they were both on the board after the redskins traded up to take malcolm kelly and then the jags took groves i KNEW sweed was gonna be a steeler

i wanted daniel sepulveda so bad, he was incredible but his ligaments were severely ****** up

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I cannot speak for everyone's fan base, but Browns fans could easily be the worst at this hindsight 20/20 liar liar garbage. I hope Browns fans on this site don't take this comment personally because I have been a daily member on a much larger forum since 2004 and those are the fans I'm talking about.

2004 The entire fan base myself included wanted Sean Taylor or Kellen Winslow. If you asked 100 Browns fans now I bet 60 would say they wanted Ben Roethlisberger and at least 59 of them would be telling a bold face lie.

2005 Almost the entire board wanted Mike Williams with a handful wanting Antrell Roll and even fewer like myself wanted Cadillac Williams. Ask Browns 100 fans today and maybe 3 would admitt Mike Williams was the man they wanted, however, in all reality I remember the boards and 95% of the board was PO'd when we passed on him.

2006 The board was split 50/50 on Wimbly or Ngata(I was the odd ball and wanted Cutler). Ask today and 99 would tell you they wanted Ngata and the trade with Baltimore was stupid. At least 49 would be lying through there teeth.

2007 90% of the board wanted Thomas or Quinn 9% wanted Peterson and I remember one crazy nut who wanted to trade the entire draft to #1 for Calvin Johnson. A huge portion of those Quinn fans today say they never wanted Quinn again lying.

2008 We didn't have a pick until the 4th round and everyone had a different favorite.

2009 99% of Browns fans myself included wanted Aaron Curry and now only about 40% would admitt it.

2010 Everyone wanted Eric Berry or Joe Haden. I was an odd ball again and wanted Earl Thomas with T.J. Ward in the 3rd and oh man was that a huge controversy that year when we took Ward in the 2nd. Every Browns fan except me on said board hated the pick. Today atleast half would lie straight to your face and say they loved the Ward pick.

2011 Every single Browns fans wanted A.J. Green except myself again and I wanted J.J. Watt. Obviously there was no right or wrong in this year as both are dominant super star with HoF potential.

2012 We all wanted Trent Richardson and we all got Trent Richardson. If he is a bust down the road I can promise you most Browns fans will tell you they wanted someone else. None of us wanted Brandon Weeden and we got stuck with Weeden. I wanted Chandler Jones and he never made it to our pick and the jury is out on him still.

I like to keep score with Browns fans because of a long history with that particular board where most of them give me crap over my outside the box opinions even though my out side the box opinions hit more often than their boxed in opinions.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossOfDeath View Post
I cannot speak for everyone's fan base, but Browns fans could easily be the worst at this hindsight 20/20 liar liar garbage. I hope Browns fans on this site don't take this comment personally because I have been a daily member on a much larger forum since 2004 and those are the fans I'm talking about.

2004 The entire fan base myself included wanted Sean Taylor or Kellen Winslow. If you asked 100 Browns fans now I bet 60 would say they wanted Ben Roethlisberger and at least 59 of them would be telling a bold face lie.

2005 Almost the entire board wanted Mike Williams with a handful wanting Antrell Roll and even fewer like myself wanted Cadillac Williams. Ask Browns 100 fans today and maybe 3 would admitt Mike Williams was the man they wanted, however, in all reality I remember the boards and 95% of the board was PO'd when we passed on him.

2006 The board was split 50/50 on Wimbly or Ngata(I was the odd ball and wanted Cutler). Ask today and 99 would tell you they wanted Ngata and the trade with Baltimore was stupid. At least 49 would be lying through there teeth.

2007 90% of the board wanted Thomas or Quinn 9% wanted Peterson and I remember one crazy nut who wanted to trade the entire draft to #1 for Calvin Johnson. A huge portion of those Quinn fans today say they never wanted Quinn again lying.

2008 We didn't have a pick until the 4th round and everyone had a different favorite.

2009 99% of Browns fans myself included wanted Aaron Curry and now only about 40% would admitt it.

2010 Everyone wanted Eric Berry or Joe Haden. I was an odd ball again and wanted Earl Thomas with T.J. Ward in the 3rd and oh man was that a huge controversy that year when we took Ward in the 2nd. Every Browns fan except me on said board hated the pick. Today atleast half would lie straight to your face and say they loved the Ward pick.

2011 Every single Browns fans wanted A.J. Green except myself again and I wanted J.J. Watt. Obviously there was no right or wrong in this year as both are dominant super star with HoF potential.

2012 We all wanted Trent Richardson and we all got Trent Richardson. If he is a bust down the road I can promise you most Browns fans will tell you they wanted someone else. None of us wanted Brandon Weeden and we got stuck with Weeden. I wanted Chandler Jones and he never made it to our pick and the jury is out on him still.

I like to keep score with Browns fans because of a long history with that particular board where most of them give me crap over my outside the box opinions even though my out side the box opinions hit more often than their boxed in opinions.
**** just got real

i am so emotional about a pick at the time it happens, i pretty much love/hate that player forever...sweed i still love, hood i still hate....both are horrible players.

Steelers rarely piss me off early in the draft...hood, worilds, bruce davis pissed me off...but id be lying if i said i didnt think woodley was lazy and not up to the top competition and shyd away from playing at the senior bowl at the time, in round 2 that kind of a pick is easier but had they taken him in 1 i would have been FURIOUS, but like i said earlier i wanted timmons or spencer

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Browns message boards are awful, that doesn't mean every single fan is the way you state it is.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Woah there bud... the browns fan base here is pretty solid besides someboody...eh (get it?)

I will admit to Quinn, Berry and Curry.

I wanted AJ Green, Bowser and Greg Little two years ago. (I hated Julio Jones)

Honestly I'm not a great talent evaluator.