Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2 round post combine Nas mock w/explanations

1 Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - I think he'll end up as the top rated player on the board. They're 7.5 mil under the cap right now. They can barely pay Bowe and the #1 pick at this point, let alone 10-12 mil per to Albert, who has back issues.

2 Jaguars - Dion Jordan - Bradley wants to build around speed and the Jags struggle to get to the QB. Jordan's a risk, but the talent is there.

3 Raiders - Geno Smith - I think they may end up just deciding Palmer is a sunk cost and just save the 13 mil he is owed. They supposedly like Geno and Pryor doesn't seem like the future.

4 Eagles - Dee Millner - They don't have to go OL here. They have 5 good starters and they can get some depth/competition later in the draft. Their CBs are terrible, Millner would be a huge upgrade for them.

5 Lions - Ezekial Ansah - I wouldn't be surprised if they fell in love with him at the senior bowl. He'd be great fit for their DE hole, as they need to be better against both the run and pass.

6 Browns - Jarvis Jones - They gamble on arguably the most talented player in the draft. Horton will definitely figure out how to use him.

7 Cardinals - Eric FIsher - I'm sure they'll get this card up pretty quickly if he lasts this long.

8 Bills - Cordarelle Patterson - They want another stud WR opposite Johnson and Patterson is their best shot in this draft. Since they don't have a high end QB, a guy who can make big gains on low risk plays makes sense.

9 Jets - DJ Fluker - A bit of a shock pick, but I think he's both a fantastic OL prospect and a perfect fit for what the Jets need up front. They need to make things easier on Sanchez, who won some games with them when he had help.

10 Titans - Shariff Floyd - I've had them going OG, but Floyd is too good to pass up. He'll be a great fit in that defense too. The pass rush needs a boost.
11 Chargers - Lane Johnson - Another team who has a huge hole at LT, they almost have to get one early in this draft. Johnson has moved himself up to this area.

12 Dolphins - Bjoern Werner - I think he'd be a very nice fit at LDE in that defense, opposite Wake.

13 Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes - Rhodes' 40 time answered the major questions about him. TB really need a CB, or 2. I think Schiano will love Rhodes' style of play.

14 Panthers - Star Lotulei - Who knows what will happen with his heart, but even if its ok, I think he'll slip a bit. Not farther than this though.

15 Saints - Barkevious Mingo - I think there's a very good chance they go with a pass rusher here. In this case I think Mingo is the best one left.

16 Rams - Chance Warmack - They simply have to protect Bradford better as well as open more holes in the run game. Warmack would be hard to pass here.

17 Steelers - Justin Hunter - They may not be able to keep Wallace and they need some size at the position. Hunter is a very good talent if you think he's healthy.

18 Cowboys -Sheldon Richardson - They need to add a disruptive DT to make that Kiffin D work.

19 Giants - David Amerson - They need more playmakers in the secondary. Amerson's combination of ball skills and coverage ability are hard to match.

20 Bears - Jonathan cooper - If any of the top 7 or 8 OL are left, they almost have to take them IMO. They can't keep letting their QB get beat on like that.

21 Bengals - Tyler Eifert - I think he'd be great as either a compliment or replacement for Gresham.

22 Rams (from Redskins) - Tavon Austin - They're losing Jackson and possibly Amendola. They need to add a couple of impact skill players on offense.

23 Vikings - Kenny Allen - They need some WR help and I think Allen complements the surrounding offensive talent very well.

24 Colts - Kenny Vaccaro - They could go a number of different ways, but I think Vaccaro is the best player avaiable for them. He'll help that pass defense a lot.

25 Seahawks(traded to Minny with Tate for harvin) - Kawann SHort - DT is becoming a big need and Short's pass rushing ability is what they need in Frazier's defense.

27 Texans - Barrett Jones - They need to replenish that OL and Jones could play a number of different spots for them.

28 Broncos - Desmond Trufant - I think CB is arguably their biggest need. They have to get some youth and speed back there.

29 Patriots - Tank Carradine - Jones was a nice start, but they still need more pass rush help. Carradine could have potentially gone much higher than this if he didn't get hurt.

30 Falcons - Damontre Moore - They cut Abraham and needed DE help already. Moore takes quite a fall, but I don't think he falls out of the 1st.

31 49ers - Matt Elam - They could lose Goldson and Whitner is declining quickly. Elam is the type of hard hitting player they like on defense.

32 Ravens - Alec Ogletree - They need some speed and athleticism at ILB, where they struggle with their pass coverage.

1 (33) Jaguars - Matt Barkely - I don't know if they're ready to invest another 1st in a QB, but they won't pass Barkley here.

2 (34) 49ers(via KC) - Cory Lemonier - They need more pass rush from their OLBs and they can afford to gamble on Lemonier's talent.

3 (35) Eagles - EJ Manuel - He had a pretty good combine and he's an impressive guy in interviews supposedly. I think he'd be a nice fit for them at QB long term. Now they have to find a FOles trade.

4 (36) Lions - Menelik Watson - They have a lot of needs, but I don't think they can pass on a starting LT here and that's what I think Watson is.

5 (37) Bengals (from Raiders) - Arthur Brown - They badly need some speed and overall talent at LB.

6 (38) Cardinals - Kyle Long - They double dip at OL, where they are terrible. Long and Fisher should really upgrade the way they protect the QB.

7 Browns (exercised pick in Supplemental Draft)

8 (39) Jets - Leveon Bell - When they were good, they could smash you in the run game. Bell can help them get back to that.

9 (40) Titans - Larry Warford - They have to get an OG in the 1st couple rounds IMO. They're terrible there and have too much invested in CJ2K.

10 (41) Bills - Ryan Nassib - I think Marrone will go get his man. Nassib is very intelligent and high character and shows enough physical ability on tape. He's another Andy Dalton type. Not a true franchise guy maybe, but still pretty good. He'll have great weapons too.

11 (42) Dolphins - Jordan Poyer - CB is arguably their biggest need once they take care of WR. I think they'll do that in free agency.

12 (43) Buccaneers - Jordan Reed - He had a great combine. He could be another Aaron Hernandez type and he'd add a new dimension to this offense.

13 (44) Panthers - Deandre Hopkins - They have to give Cam some more help and Hopkins is a 1st round talent.

14 Saints (forfeited)

15 (45) Chargers - Kevin Minter - Takeo Spikes is about done. Time to get some reinforcements at ILB. Minter's got great instincts and fits a 3-4 well.

16 (46) Rams - Eric Reid - A playmaking S is the last piece they need in that secondary.

17 (47) Cowboys - Travis Fredericks - THey need some beef in the middle of that OL, whether OG or C. Fredericks is a mauler.

18 (48) Steelers - Jesse Williams - This guy just seems like a Steeler and they need more bodies for that DL. Williams will play both NT and DE most likely.

19 (49) Giants - Margus Hunt - The Giants always like to keep the DL stocked with talent. Hunt is a little raw and on the older side, but he could play the Justin TUck role for them.

20 (50) Bears - Justin Pugh - Another team who would be smart to double dip at OL. Pugh has short arms, but I still think he can play RT. Either way, he and Carmini will be mean on the right side and the Bears will have Gs like Kromer had in NO.

21 (51) Redskins - Dallas Thomas - The right side of that Ol is a problem. They hope Thomas can play RT, but worst case he's an OG.

22 (52) Vikings - Logan Ryan - He has a little bit of Antoine Winfield in him, who is on the way out sooner than later. Given that you can't depend on Cook, I think a corner makes sense.

23 (53) Bengals - Sylvester WIlliams - Atkins could use some help getting a push inside. Williams is very disruptive and athletic for his size.

24 (54) Dolphins (from Colts)- Vance Mcdonald - Tested out very well at the combine and the Phins coudl use an athletic TE for Tannehill.

25 (55) Packers - Brian Schwenke - Saturday has retired and Schwenke would be a good fit to replace him. He fits the Packers zone style blocking scheme.

26 (56) Seahawks - Jonathan Hankins - The run D started to suffer a bit last year as they had a few injuries. Another big body up front would help them fix that problem quickly. Branch may leave in FA too.

27 (57) Texans - QUinton Patton - They need another playmaker at outside WR opposite Johnson. Patton should be able to fill that role quite well.

28 (58) Broncos - John Jenkins - This guy's a beast. Good motor and agility for a guy with NT size. Fox wants big bodies at DT who can eat up blockers and play the run.

29 (59) Patriot - Jonathan Banks - He slips a bit due to his 40 and thin frame, but the Pats are happy to snag another DB with some height. Could play CB or S.

30 (60) Falcons - Eddy Lacy - Turner is gone and they need a bigger compliment to Rodgers. They need their starting RB to help in the pass game too though and Lacy can do that for you, to some extent.

31 (61) 49ers - Datone Jones - Not a perfect fit for their D, but I think he could be groomed as a Justin Smith replacement. They could use some more pass rush from the DL.

32 (62) Ravens - Manti Te'o - Quite a slide, but this is probably fair value in reality. I think he's a good fit in Baltimore where they'll put him beind a good DL and allow him to play in a phone booth quite often.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big Elam fan, but the pick makes sense. I like Lemonier and Jones, though I think they might have to flip flop spots in order for us to get them (Jones at 34, Lemonier at 61) or has Lemonier's stock risen that high?

Anyways, I like the infusion of young defensive talent for my niners. I hope that's the way we go early and often during this draft.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hesitate, but i approve of justin hunter in the first.

Would prefer a pass rusher or RB in the second though over jesse williams. Steelers arent hurting at NT that bad they have guys that can slide in.

So in round 2...lacy, bernard, brandon jenkins, chase thomas please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I hesitate, but i approve of justin hunter in the first.

Would prefer a pass rusher or RB in the second though over jesse williams. Steelers arent hurting at NT that bad they have guys that can slide in.

So in round 2...lacy, bernard, brandon jenkins, chase thomas please
Makes sense, but you do need a DL to groom for the future, whether for the NT role or for the Keisel spot. I think Williams helps at both. Plus 1 or 2 of the 4 you list above should be there in the 3rd, especially Thomas.

Glad you like Hunter. I was a little nervous about that one, but thought it was practical.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Makes sense, but you do need a DL to groom for the future, whether for the NT role or for the Keisel spot. I think Williams helps at both. Plus 1 or 2 of the 4 you list above should be there in the 3rd, especially Thomas.

Glad you like Hunter. I was a little nervous about that one, but thought it was practical.
I see the thought process, i would prefer williams over guys like john jenkins and hankins.

I like mcclendon, and taamu is on the practice squad, and al woods is a guy that can play DE and NT because hes freakishly athletic for his size, its pretty much now or never for him to shake the raw label because our dline coach hates raw players...but i like woods a lot. They signed fangupu too who i liked coming out last year. I hate evander hood, hes the worst starter on the team, but hes also servicable at NT because he can win over center rather than getting washed out of the play at DE, he would just need to beef up to do it on anything more than a nickel package basis.

I am infatuated with patterson as a prospect, but i would be lying if i said i didnt expect hunter to be the better pro. His measurables arent as flashy, but they were still damn good and i came away impressed. If Hunter ends up grading out higher than Keenan Allen, im all for it. He definitely has the explosion that allen lacks. WR in the first is where i stand, as long as Jones and Mingo are off the board. Cooper and Eifert would get a lot of consideration, but for now Hunter will do just fine.

looking again, i think id like okafor over williams for the second round pick. I fear they may be souring on longhorns though after Tony Hills and Limas Sweed flopped hard and curtis brown not exactly dazzling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Harvin and Hankins for Seattle wouldn't be all that bad. I'd rather go for Datone Jones in the first and Ryan Swope in the second.

Jordan Reed over Zach Ertz for Tampa Bay is pretty shocking.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Getting Harvin and Hankins for Seattle wouldn't be all that bad. I'd rather go for Datone Jones in the first and Ryan Swope in the second.

Jordan Reed over Zach Ertz for Tampa Bay is pretty shocking.
I wasn't sure if Jones would be a great system fit. They tend to use a mammoth run stuffing LDE supplemented by a smaller nickel rusher type it seems, plus the LEO. If I'm wrong I'd definitely like to know.

Dammit I didn't mean to leave Ertz out. Moved him around a lot when doing this. Oh well.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid first round for the Saints!! Spot on! Now if we only a second rounder so we can grab Datone Jones.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals don't need a TE or DT. They just drafted Charles last year to compliment Gresham and They just drafted Still and Thompson last year in the 2nd and 3rd.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
The Bengals don't need a TE or DT. They just drafted Charles last year to compliment Gresham and They just drafted Still and Thompson last year in the 2nd and 3rd.
Good info. My bad there. I kind of got lazy with the Williams pick because I don't think he'd fall any farther than the bottom of the 2nd, if that even. I forgot about Charles especially.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers 1st is missing and looks like the order is off in round 2.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid Jags pick.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zero chance the Bears pass on Te'o and Banks in the second.
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs will be way under the cap after the release of Matt Cassel and Tyson Jackson. The cap isn't an issue in KC.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah and Albert's already had a physical AND passed it.So his back is no longer an issue it seems
Old 03-03-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
32 Ravens - Alec Ogletree - They need some speed and athleticism at ILB, where they struggle with their pass coverage.
They sure do. Too bad Ogletree isn't an ILB.

Quote:
32 (62) Ravens - Manti Te'o - Quite a slide, but this is probably fair value in reality. I think he's a good fit in Baltimore where they'll put him beind a good DL and allow him to play in a phone booth quite often.
That would be a really good value pick but I doubt that the Ravens go with LBs in the first two rounds unless one of them is a pass-rusher. I'm not necessarily against it if Ellerbe signs elsewhere (I really don't like Jameel McClain) there's just more important needs on the team to address.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
They sure do. Too bad Ogletree isn't an ILB.

That would be a really good value pick but I doubt that the Ravens go with LBs in the first two rounds unless one of them is a pass-rusher. I'm not necessarily against it if Ellerbe signs elsewhere (I really don't like Jameel McClain) there's just more important needs on the team to address.
I disagree on Ogletree. I think he's definitely an ILB and I also think what the Ravens need at ILB is a smaller, quicker player. You're not going to find many 255 lb run stuffers who can also cover like Ogletree. You're going to have to give something and right now its a pass dominated league.

I probably shouldn't have given them 2 ILBs though.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree on Ogletree. I think he's definitely an ILB and I also think what the Ravens need at ILB is a smaller, quicker player. You're not going to find many 255 lb run stuffers who can also cover like Ogletree. You're going to have to give something and right now its a pass dominated league.

I probably shouldn't have given them 2 ILBs though.
Ogletree stuffs the run? Yeah okay. If that's the type of LB you think Baltimore needs then give them Arthur Brown. He actually plays like a LB and is pretty much the same size as Ogletree (neither are 255 lbs.).

I actually prefer Minter over anybody else at that position. He seems like a good mix of being able to drop back as well as attacking the LOS. If Ellerbe isn't re-signed they need a guy who can work through the middle. It sounds like McClain might be cut (which isn't a bad thing) and if he is they're left with Ayanbadejo and Bynes at ILB. McClellan might be able to play there too but they still need a quality MIKE as well as a WILL.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Ogletree stuffs the run? Yeah okay. If that's the type of LB you think Baltimore needs then give them Arthur Brown. He actually plays like a LB and is pretty much the same size as Ogletree (neither are 255 lbs.).

I actually prefer Minter over anybody else at that position. He seems like a good mix of being able to drop back as well as attacking the LOS. If Ellerbe isn't re-signed they need a guy who can work through the middle. It sounds like McClain might be cut (which isn't a bad thing) and if he is they're left with Ayanbadejo and Bynes at ILB. McClellan might be able to play there too but they still need a quality MIKE as well as a WILL.
No, Ogletree doesn't stuff the run. What I was saying was that you can't find a guy who stuffs the run AND does what Ogletree does.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, Ogletree doesn't stuff the run. What I was saying was that you can't find a guy who stuffs the run AND does what Ogletree does.
Ah. That makes more sense. I'd still MUCH rather have Brown.

EDIT - For that type of ILB at least. Like I said before Minter is my #1 at that position.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 03-04-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how realistic that is for the Jets. Fluker as you note a bit of a reach at 9, Bell not a great fit for the newer offense they'll be running. Think they're going to look for a smaller, quicker back (with good receiving skills too, which Bell has).
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OLB not a huge need for SF, give us Jesse Williams at either 31 or 34 and that's a solid draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see the Pats going de in Round 1 depending on how free-agency shapes up. Let's say they re-up Welker and Talib. Pass rush is my next area for improvement. I still would want a wr in the 2nd though. Love me some Markus Wheaton. He's a better football player than Banks at a position where we could use some youth.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
OLB not a huge need for SF, give us Jesse Williams at either 31 or 34 and that's a solid draft.
Many SF fans disagree with you on not needing OLB help. Not that I don't like Williams for them.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3 Raiders - Geno Smith - I think they may end up just deciding Palmer is a sunk cost and just save the 13 mil he is owed. They supposedly like Geno and Pryor doesn't seem like the future.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote