Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-24-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jets Could Go Any Way...

Guys put this in the draft forum because of how cool the Jets are sitting right now.

The Jets are a very stripped down football team right now. And have some nice players on both sides of the ball. Offense ( D'Brick, Mangold, Homles and Hill ) Defense ( Cro, Coples, Wilkerson and Wilson )

With their first 3 picks they could go one side of the ball all the way. Which I think is the best way to go. Solidify one side of the ball and work on the other side next year. This is what I'm taking about

If they draft Offense could look like this.
9. Tavon Austin
13. Tyler Eifert
39. Eddie Lacy

If they draft defense
9. Barkevious Mingo
13. Jarvis Jones
39. John Cyprien

If it were me I would draft all defense for the Jets in this draft. They would have a nice young unit with a mix of some good Vets. And with Rex coaching them I would think they would never go off the deep end.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go with option #1.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
MikeTheDudeV2
Rookie

MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.

I definitely feel like a mix of the two would be the best option. Gotta add pieces to both sides of the ball to compete.
MikeTheDudeV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way they go, it doesn't mean diddly dick unless one of those first three picks is a QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Either way they go, it doesn't mean diddly dick unless one of those first three picks is a QB.
Yes and no. I agree that without a competent quarterback, whatever moves they make this year will be meaningless. But I don't believe they necessarily have to target their next quarterback in this draft. They can ride out the remaining year of the Sanchez era and get a guy next year and these picks will still have immense value. So they certainly have to get a quarterback, just not necessarily this year.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Yes and no. I agree that without a competent quarterback, whatever moves they make this year will be meaningless. But I don't believe they necessarily have to target their next quarterback in this draft. They can ride out the remaining year of the Sanchez era and get a guy next year and these picks will still have immense value. So they certainly have to get a quarterback, just not necessarily this year.
I'm with you. I don't like Geno nearly as much as a lot of other people do, I don't like Barkley at all, and I like Manuel and Nassib but I'm not convinced that they can be true franchise QBs.

This just isn't a year that I would want to need a QB. I feel bad for Chiefs fans.

Last edited by WCH : 04-24-2013 at 09:36 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense wins championships. Option 1 is better if it's either or. But I agree, should be a combination of both.

If they could get Mingo, Austin, Ertz I think that'd be pretty strong.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Offense wins championships. Option 1 is better if it's either or. But I agree, should be a combination of both.

I like this. I had them taking Milliner,Mingo,Ertz recently. Snag an OL or WR in round 3.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
MikeTheDudeV2
Rookie

MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.

Quote:

Those were the three guys I was actually thinking of for the Jets when I posted that. Haha.
MikeTheDudeV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Offense has won championships at no point in time. Quarterbacks win championships. Defense wins championships.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees slipped up and mentioned Ivory is getting traded to the Jets in a recent interview so I think he's our RB...

I still want a mix. I'd want an OLB and Eifert in round 1, Warford or a guard in round 2 or 3, a safety in round 2 or 3 and take a WR in the middle rounds.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Drew Brees slipped up and mentioned Ivory is getting traded to the Jets in a recent interview so I think he's our RB...

I still want a mix. I'd want an OLB and Eifert in round 1, Warford or a guard in round 2 or 3, a safety in round 2 or 3 and take a WR in the middle rounds.
He seems like a good guy and everything, but Brees should just not talk to the media.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
He seems like a good guy and everything, but Brees should just not talk to the media.
He said he heard Ivory got traded to the Jets at some golf event but he quickly said he's not entirely sure yet....but he has the ear of Payton/Loomis so I think he's correct but just doesn't want to say anything until its official.

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com...de-to-jets-has
Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the second one better. The Jets need pass rushers. However, it doesn't matter what they do as long as Sanchez is the quarterback. He's just not that good.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How fun would it be to draft Mingo and Jones, then come back in the 2nd and grab a RB or TE
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just not a fan of Austin as a top 15 pick, and it doesn't make sense to me for the Jets. They have Kerley who can produce in that role. So if he fell in the Jets laps at #9 and I were calling the shots, I trade with St. Louis or whoever else wants him for another #2...That gives them the flexibility to go QB with any of their picks. Something like Hayden and Jones in round 1, then Ertz and whichever QB they like in round 2. Or, maybe they decide they need Geno and are comfortable with Wilson starting, they go Geno and Jones in round 1, and then maybe Kyle Long and Keenan Allen in the 2nd.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mingo, Warmack
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming from an AFCE opponent, I thoroughly enjoy the circus of the Jets. But at this point it has gone a little to far. Granted I just want to do better than the Bills and Fins, and want to see the Jets tank, but this is too much.

They really needed to dump the GM, Rex is moot at this point, and QB is a need, but unless Geno falls to 9/13, I don't see any objective way QB in the first is an option.

They need more talent to at least become relevant and reaching for said talent is not the option.

As a caveat, as much as I like Revis leaving the division, that move helped the Jets more than it hurt. The picks and cap space helps them a lot more than clinging to that SUper Bowl window that passed a bunch of years ago.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Nevermind misread. I agree with you that the Revis trade in the long run is better for the Jets.

I believe in Idzik.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
f2tornado
Rookie

f2tornado hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mayock mocks them with Dion Jordan at 9 (Austin off the board to Buffalo at 8) and Eifert at 13 barring a trade. Might be a mild reach for Eifert but I like the mock and idea of locking up the best available for a huge need. Sanchez may not be great but he wasn't helped by an array of injuries to the receiving corps. The guy had to rely on second year Kerley and rookie Stephen Hill. Not exactly a recipe for success. Eifert could quickly develop into a ball hog on a team that tends to favor the short pass.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want the Jets to draft all D and give Rex two pass rushers at 9-13. Would love to see what Rex comes up with when he has big time pass rushers.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not just start tebow already save their picks for defense and o line.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Why not just start tebow already save their picks for defense and o line.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan or Mingo at #9, and then play the board at #13. Talent will fall (Star, perhaps a G, Austin, etc.) that someone may want to trade up for. See the offers, or draft the BPA (Warmack, Eifert, Vaccaro, Austin). The team has holes, and top talent at those spots will be available. Just don't reach on a QB!

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like option 1 for at least the first 2 rounds. They have to give their QB at least some weapons even if it's for his replacement next year. Austin and Eifert will give their offense at least some chance to compete, without them, they are looking at 2 or 3 wins at the most.