Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Day(s) Thread 2013

Let's keep all draft day(s) talk in this forum to keep it nice and organized. Happy draft day everyone!!!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have pretty low expectations for this draft.
I'd be happy with a 2014 pick (easier said than done), a WR in the first three rounds, and a potential starter anywhere on defense. I wouldn't however be totally shocked if we didn't draft any receiver until the 7th, which would make me

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-25-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm prepared to be completely disappointed.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep thinking of any possible scenarios that would make me very happy and there aren't many. I think the best reasonable scenario if we stay put is Carradine, but I think he will be gone. Wouldn't mind Werner either. If Warmack/Cooper falls (I think Warmack might fall into the 20's), I'd be happy with either.

Let's just say I am not expecting to be wowed. We need a receiver but there really isn't that much out there for guys I would be jumping up and down for. I like DeAndre Hopkins a lot and I would be OK with Patterson/Hunter. Da'Rick Rogers is one of my favorite players in this class, if we could get him in the second I would be pumped.

I'd say my ideal scenario is:

1. Carradine
2. Rogers
3. Mathieu

Lots of risk but lots of potential reward. We miss on guys anyways, might as well roll the dice on the big upside players.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I keep thinking of any possible scenarios that would make me very happy and there aren't many. I think the best reasonable scenario if we stay put is Carradine, but I think he will be gone. Wouldn't mind Werner either. If Warmack/Cooper falls (I think Warmack might fall into the 20's), I'd be happy with either.

Let's just say I am not expecting to be wowed. We need a receiver but there really isn't that much out there for guys I would be jumping up and down for. I like DeAndre Hopkins a lot and I would be OK with Patterson/Hunter. Da'Rick Rogers is one of my favorite players in this class, if we could get him in the second I would be pumped.

I'd say my ideal scenario is:

1. Carradine
2. Rogers
3. Mathieu

Lots of risk but lots of potential reward. We miss on guys anyways, might as well roll the dice on the big upside players.
I agree on Carradine. He is really the only guy who has been rumored to be available around our pick that really has value over the half dozen or so other guys that I'd be ok with drafting. If he is gone I'd rather just trade back and let the board turn up the way it does while picking up an extra 3rd or 4th round pick.

I've also considered that on the off chance that Eifert falls to us, I'd potentially be ok with us picking him.

I'll post a more exact board later when I'm home instead of having to post from my phone.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There really isn't a single player that excites me for the Pats.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am prepared to be really disappointed as well. but you never know.... remember last year, NO ONE would have ever thought we would trade up once, but we did it TWICE. if there is a guy they love this year, there is a chance they move up. get 3 players they absolutely want and sign a bunch of UDFA. should be interesting.

I like most of the CBs and WRs rumored in the first two rounds. If we can pick two of them and not reach, I will be happy

Old 04-25-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Greg Bedard's source is saying the Pats are more likely to trade Mallett than keep him.... and he speculated the Pats are either looking for a second this year or a first next year

Old 04-25-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm mentally prepared for us not making a pick tonight. I think BB sees value later in the draft, so he'll probably try and turn that first rounder into additional picks. My wet dream is DJ Hayden falling to us, but that's really a longshot. Keenan Allen would be a nice pick as well, so would DeAndre Hopkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm secretly hoping for Woods. I'd be cool with Allen.
Reaching on Wreh Wilson would be tragic.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh I really don't want Keenan Allen. And I like most of you expect to be disappointed with this draft. Hopkins I think is my favorite WR, and since we suck at developing the guys with upside might as well role with the guy who could be at least a solid starter. I fully expect on us to reach for Blah-Wilson in the first (as i mocked him to us). I'd be so psyched if we can get a second for Mallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft the UConn corner in the first I am not going to be happy and yes it is solely because of Darius Butler.

I hope we explore the 2014 first for Mallett, but that is obviously easier said than done.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Allen. He's like a WR version of Hernandez. His route running and after catch abilities makes him a really good fit in NE. Hopkins would probably fit the best, but I suspect he'll be long gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not big on Woods either really. And I'd **** my pants if we took Hunter with how terrible we are at developing WRs. I think under the right coaching Hunter could be a beast but no way in hell does that happen here (for whatever reason).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually excited about this draft. I think there are lots of different ways they could go and lots of guys that could help them. The only picks I can think of in the first round that would really upset me would be Hunt, Wreh-Wilson, Teo, an OL not named Warmack or Cooper, or a TE or QB.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
I'm actually excited about this draft. I think there are lots of different ways they could go and lots of guys that could help them. The only picks I can think of in the first round that would really upset me would be Hunt, Wreh-Wilson, Teo, an OL not named Warmack or Cooper, or a TE or QB.
After thinking it over I actually think I'd be fine with Eifert if he was available at 29. It's mainly because he can split out wide and make plays down the field with his enormous catching radius. That is what we need out of our SE right now, and somebody who can block. If we can't get Hopkins, he'd probably be the best guy to fill out that role next year. Plus a 3 TE set with Gronk, Eifert, and Hernandez would literally tear the league a new asshole for the next 5 years. If you throw them out there with Amendola and Vereen you have the ability to attack anywhere on the field while simultaneously keeping a team's jumbo package out there if you go no huddle. There isn't a single team in the AFC that would have close to the athletes to match up with that.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

A guy on a different forum who claims to have a source- and who last year pegged both Jones and Hightower - is saying NE wants Hopkins or Woods at 29 and will be 'pissed' if both are gone.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be happy with either of those, and I think both could be still available at 29. I wonder which one they'd take of the two.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

In the last 40 years the Patriots have drafted a WR in the first round only 5 times (Stingley, Morgan, Fryar, Dykes, and Glenn)!! And none since 1996.

Will they break that trend this year?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Hoping so. We're sorta in this spot with the position because we don't draft receivers high.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

never mind ;)

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-25-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Anyone we want to move up for? A 1 and 3 will get us the Rams pick probably.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Anyone starting to worry about Miami? :D
No. never. They still have the bads.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Paterson is falling. ******* get him now!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Giants took Pugh. WHEW. Now we won't. Thank God.
Patterson is an awful fit for us.