Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-18-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default PF28's Top 20 Seniors

I've been evaluating a bunch of the senior prospects over the last couple weeks, and I want to get my initial thoughts out there.

1. Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M
I like him more than Joeckel as a prospect and think he'll make the transition to LT without a problem.
2. Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan
I had some doubts about Lewan during times through his junior season but he showed great ability having to face Clowney in the bowl game.
3. CJ Mosley – LB – Alabama
Complete backer prospect with the ability to cover and breakdown plays.
4. Tahj Boyd – QB – Clemson
Positional value boosts him up this high, had a much improved junior season.
5. James Hurst – OT – North Carolina
James had the luxury of playing next to Cooper but he played very well himself and would get more early attention if it wasn't for Matthews and Lewan.
6. Jason Verrett – CB – TCU
Most complete corner in the entire class and has played the part the last two seasons at TCU.
7. Ra’Shede Hageman – DT – Minnesota
As bad as the Gophers are, Hageman is the real deal. Extremely athletic for his size and a solid game against Travis Frederick last year.
8. Bene Bewikere – CB/S – San Jose State
Physical corner with terrific ball skills, thinking he might be more of a safety prospect.
9. AJ McCarron – QB – Alabama
Count me as one who likes what I see out of AJ. Positional value does boost him up the board a bit but and he has starting ability for the NFL.
10. Aaron Colvin – CB – Oklahoma
Senior class is strong at the top with tackles and secondary players and it's rounded out by Colvin. Another DB with really good ball skills and I could see hm being moved to safety as well.
11. Andrew Jackson – ILB – Western Kentucky
A tackling machine for the Hilltoppers and player who battled, holding his own against Bama while others proved throughout the year that they could not.
12. Anthony Barr – OLB – UCLA
Physically the tools are clearly there with his speed but he will need to develop physicality if he plans on being more than a situational player in the NFL.
13. Cyril Richardson – OG – Baylor
Baylor's running attack was an impressive unit last season and Richardson's contributions on the line are a large factor in making it happen.
14. Jordan Matthews – WR – Vanderbilt
Big receiving target who has proven to be able to perform despite being the focus of the defense in stopping the pass. Won't wow physically otherwise he'd be higher up.
15. Khalil Mack – OLB – Buffalo
An absolute terror of the edge and it was difficult for me not to put him higher but he is a little on the smaller end.
16. Will Sutton – DT – Arizona State
Much like Mack, Sutton is an absolute terror for opponents but size will be questioned.
17. Christian Jones – OLB – Florida State
I find myself to be difficult on FSU prospects but I like what I see from Jones. He possesses everything you look for in a 43 outside backer prospect.
18. Zack Martin – G/T – Notre Dame
Martin has been a wonderful player for the Irish, might have to kick inside though. Either way, he's no slouch.
19. Hakeem Smith – S – Louisville
Not a strong class for pure safety prospects, but Smith leads the way. A physical presence for Charlie Strong's defense and is a very experienced player.
20. Charles Sims – RB – West Virginia
My favorite running back of all the senior. A bigger back with good speed and shifty for his size. Also is an asset in the passing, as to be expected playing at Houston.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 07-05-2013 at 07:57 AM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I've been evaluating a bunch of the senior prospects over the last couple weeks, and I want to get my initial thoughts out there.

1. Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M
I like him more than Joeckel as a prospect and think he'll make the transition to LT without a problem.
2. Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan
I had some doubts about Lewan during times through his junior season but he showed great ability having to face Clowney in the bowl game.
3. CJ Mosley – LB – Alabama
Complete backer prospect with the ability to cover and breakdown plays.
4. Tahj Boyd – QB – Clemson
Positional value boosts him up this high, had a much improved junior season.
5. James Hurst – OT – North Carolina
James had the luxury of playing next to Cooper but he played very well himself and would get more early attention if it wasn't for Matthews and Lewan.
6. Jason Verrett – CB – TCU
Most complete corner in the entire class and has played the part the last two seasons at TCU.
7. Ra’Shede Hageman – DT – Minnesota
As bad as the Gophers are, Hageman is the real deal. Extremely athletic for his size and a solid game against Travis Frederick last year.
8. Bene Bewikere – CB/S – San Jose State
Physical corner with terrific ball skills, thinking he might be more of a safety prospect.
9. AJ McCarron – QB – Alabama
Count me as one who likes what I see out of AJ. Positional value does boost him up the board a bit but and he has starting ability for the NFL.
10. Aaron Colvin – CB – Oklahoma
Senior class is strong at the top with tackles and secondary players and it's rounded out by Colvin. Another DB with really good ball skills and I could see hm being moved to safety as well.
11. Andrew Jackson – ILB – Western Kentucky
A tackling machine for the Hilltoppers and player who battled, holding his own against Bama while others proved throughout the year that they could not.
12. Anthony Barr – OLB – UCLA
Physically the tools are clearly there with his speed but he will need to develop physicality if he plans on being more than a situational player in the NFL.
13. Cyril Richardson – OG – Baylor
Baylor's running attack was an impressive unit last season and Richardson's contributions on the line are a large factor in making it happen.
14. Jordan Matthews – WR – Vanderbilt
Big receiving target who has proven to be able to perform despite being the focus of the defense in stopping the pass. Won't wow physically otherwise he'd be higher up.
15. Khalil Mack – OLB – Buffalo
An absolute terror of the edge and it was difficult for me not to put him higher but he is a little on the smaller end.
16. Will Sutton – DT – Arizona State
Much like Mack, Sutton is an absolute terror for opponents but size will be questioned.
17. Christian Jones – OLB – Florida State
I find myself to be difficult on FSU prospects but I like what I see from Jones. He possesses everything you look for in a 43 outside backer prospect.
18. Zack Martin – G/T – Notre Dame
Martin has been a wonderful player for the Irish, might have to kick inside though. Either way, he's no slouch.
19. Hakeem Smith – S – Louisville
Not a strong class for pure safety prospects, but Smith leads the way. A physical presence for Charlie Strong's defense and is a very experienced player.
20. Charles Sims – RB – Houston
My favorite running back of all the senior. A bigger back with good speed and shifty for his size. Also is an asset in the passing, as to be expected playing at Houston.
I agree a with a lot of the list. just a few comments where i have a different view

AJ McCarron would not make my top 20 at all

Anthony Barr would be substantially higher given his production with a total lack of experience playing OLB. can only imagine what happens when he plays a bit more and learns the finesse of the game.

Zach Martin will prove that he belongs at LT if he hasnt already. Been the most consistent and quite frankly the best OLineman the irish have produced since Lou Holtz. Hell he got the nod to start at LT as a rs frosh over a ton of experienced 5 star prospects and stuff.

Andrew Jackson is a relatively small school tackling machine, they always tend to fall. that being said i think he is really good, just dont think his draft position will reflect that as much as his production would warrant.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Davis WR Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Mike Davis WR Texas?
What about him???

Old 05-18-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about him???
You don't consider him a top Sr. Prospect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

McCarron strikes me as yet another mediocre, but consistent, Bama QB surrounded by the most talented team in the country.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
McCarron strikes me as yet another mediocre, but consistent, Bama QB surrounded by the most talented team in the country.

I hear that about McCarron, but I think he's much better than mediocre.
I see decent to good arm strength and the ability to make plays when required, which wasn't often for Alabama.

When that team leaned on him to play like an AA QB, McCarron produced.

I think McCarron has a great opportunity to be taken in the first round in '14.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I hear that about McCarron, but I think he's much better than mediocre.
I see decent to good arm strength and the ability to make plays when required, which wasn't often for Alabama.

When that team leaned on him to play like an AA QB, McCarron produced.

I think McCarron has a great opportunity to be taken in the first round in '14.
I agree with FUNBUNCHER here. I think it's unfair to lump him in with the recent QBs to go thru Alabama (Greg McElroy and John Parker Wilson) because physically he is better than both and he has shown the ability to go and win the team a game when the time calls.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or does it seem like Tahj Boyd has a weird throwing motion?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
You don't consider him a top Sr. Prospect?
I do not. I think he's one of the five best senior receivers to this point, but I'm not seeing a player who's one of the best overall in the class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like Tahj Boyd has a weird throwing motion?
Boyd likes to throw from some different arm slots and I don't classify that as a bad thing, especially with him being effective in doing so. I prefer how he throws the ball over a player like EJ Manuel, who can only operate from one arm slot regardless of the circumstance.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do not. I think he's one of the five best senior receivers to this point, but I'm not seeing a player who's one of the best overall in the class.

Boyd likes to throw from some different arm slots and I don't classify that as a bad thing, especially with him being effective in doing so. I prefer how he throws the ball over a player like EJ Manuel, who can only operate from one arm slot regardless of the circumstance.
Buckey Brooks would seem to agree with you about both McCarrwn and Boyd but he like Von Noy, at least for the preseason.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...atch-this-fall
Old 05-18-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Barr should be higher, maybe #3.

No Ahmad Dixon?
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
IMO Barr should be higher, maybe #3.

No Ahmad Dixon?
I'd be ok with Barr that early but it'll play itself out.

I guess Morgan Breslin's good play against the run and 13 sacks is some sort of mirage. Somehow everyone was all over Jarvis Jones's nuts for the same thing. Less actually when you factor in the 4.9 forty.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'd be ok with Barr that early but it'll play itself out.

I guess Morgan Breslin's good play against the run and 13 sacks is some sort of mirage. Somehow everyone was all over Jarvis Jones's nuts for the same thing. Less actually when you factor in the 4.9 forty.
With Breslin I see a game very similar to John Simon. He's a high effort player and will have a niche in the league but physically he doesn't offer enough to go high.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Breslin I see a game very similar to John Simon. He's a high effort player and will have a niche in the league but physically he doesn't offer enough to go high.
Someone else mentioned Simon. Explain the difference between Breslin and Jones. Granted Jones is slower and doesn't have the same strength but please have at it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Someone else mentioned Simon. Explain the difference between Breslin and Jones. Granted Jones is slower and doesn't have the same strength but please have at it.
Are you referring to Christian Jones?

Old 05-18-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tajh Boyd got a 4th round grade prior to this year. I don't think he is the 4th best prospect in this draft.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Tajh Boyd got a 4th round grade prior to this year. I don't think he is the 4th best prospect in this draft.
???

He received a 2nd-3rd round grade from the committee.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
???

He received a 2nd-3rd round grade from the committee.
That's not true. From the spring I'm told he got 4th-5th round type grades. I doubt the advisory board gave him a higher grade than the scouts from the spring.
JBScouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:09 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty solid list overall PF.

I agree with Christian Jones' ranking because while he has all the physical tools and highly touted, he needs to do more on the field.

I like where you have CJ Mosley - I think he will stay there all year.

Mack is a beast, and I feel he should be little higher on the list despite the size concern.

The only one I had a major concern with was Boyd. As I stated in the other thread about top QB's for 2014, I like Boyd but he still has a long way to go as far as being a polished QB. I wouldn't put him over McCarron right now. If he makes the same strides he did last season, then yes he is potential top QB.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

The only one I had a major concern with was Boyd. As I stated in the other thread about top QB's for 2014, I like Boyd but he still has a long way to go as far as being a polished QB. I wouldn't put him over McCarron right now. If he makes the same strides he did last season, then yes he is potential top QB.
I can understand have McCarron ahead of Boyd at this point. AJ feels like more of a sure thing while Tahj showed considerable improvement this last year and has the higher ceiling.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is kyle van noy a deliberate absentee or not?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
is kyle van noy a deliberate absentee or not?
There's no denying Van Noy's production at BYU, but when I watch him play I have the same concerns that I come away with when I look at Anthony Barr; both players struggle with the physical aspect of the game. When translating to the NFL, his relentlessness will be a plus but he's undersized and I wonder if his frame is maxed out.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not getting the love nor buying the hype for Boyd. Phenomenal athlete and good college football player, but people are looking at Russell Wilson and immediately making the comparison.

I think we all need to slow down a few. Boyd didn't even get a 1st round grade for 2013. How is he being projected a top 10-15 pick in 2014 in what is supposed to be a stronger QB class?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Im not getting the love nor buying the hype for Boyd. Phenomenal athlete and good college football player, but people are looking at Russell Wilson and immediately making the comparison.

I think we all need to slow down a few. Boyd didn't even get a 1st round grade for 2013. How is he being projected a top 10-15 pick in 2014 in what is supposed to be a stronger QB class?
I certainly don't see Russell Wilson when I am watching Boyd , and I actually haven't heard that one before because it frankly doesn't make sense.

How is him not getting a first round grade relevant to this discussion? First of all, the committee grades conservatively and players, if they go high, should a progression in their development. How many players that went in the first round this year were guys we were talking about this time a year ago? The answer is not too many of them.

Right now, like many years, people believe the quarterback class will be stronger than the previous. Bridegwater is the lead dog next year as a potentially elite talent, and after that the perceived depth that next year's quarterback class has is thanks to a player like Boyd.