Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 08-06-2013, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Thread

So... now there's a thread for this. Can't wait to see them play on Thursday.

Excited to see:

- Golden Tate's development. I feel like he and Russell Wilson have developed a good rapport and chemistry and Russell's not afraid to throw it up to him. I think Tate's going to have a bunch of highlight-reel plays this year.

- Christine Michael. I think he's going to unseat Turbin sooner rather than later as Marshawn's backup, and frankly, I'm not sure the Seahawks have ever had a running back as explosive as Michael. Make no mistake, Marshawn is going to be the starter all the way through, but don't be surprised to see Michael get significant carries and I think he could crack 500 rushing yards as a rookie. Even if he's not a big factor immediately in the running game, word is they're going to give him a look at kick returner, so that's something else to watch in the preseason.

- Luke Willson. Like Michael, Willson is probably the most explosive player the Seahawks have had at his respective position. Zach Miller's not going to blow by anybody, but Willson can. He's catching touchdowns in camp, and I expect that to continue into the season. Think the front office snagged another 5th-round diamond in the rough with him the more I see and hear.

- Spencer Ware. I love the running backs Pete Carroll is collecting. How awesome would it be if Ware develops into a John L. Williams sort of player? I think that's the skillset he has to offer. I certainly don't expect that of him right away, but I think he's going to be fun to watch in preseason games and I really hope he makes the roster. (I think it's a good bet he will.)

Concerned about:

- Defensive tackle. Jesse Williams sounds like he's still having problems with his knee, and they let Alan Branch go. Who's going to clog the middle? Jaye Howard's undersized for that role. Jordan Hill's more of a penetrator than a clogger as well. Is that job going to go to one of the new guys? Is Mebane supposed to be double-teamed all game? We had serious problems stopping the run late last year, and I think the roster's a little thin. (Pun kind of intended.) I'm just not sure who they have that's going to anchor the line. They've got Mebane, but other than that it seems like a bunch of pass-rushers and that makes me nervous. A running team has got to be able to stop the run.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tate should have a monster year. I have serious doubts that we will resign him. He and Wilson have been very good since the beginning.

I am disappointed in Williams too. He was my favorite pick up in the draft and I'm not sure he's 100% either. However Hill has been a marvelous surprise. Seattle is going to have a lot of talent fall off the DL that could play for other teams. But ultimately, I'm still waiting for that interior pass rusher. We seem stocked to the gills in outside rushers.

The offensive line has been a huge surprise. We have a lot of talent there. Bowie and Bailey look like they will make the squad and contribute. Of all of the rookies and UDFAs, Bailey looks like he'll be the biggest contributor early on. The game doesn't look to be too fast for him and he's been consistently superb.

We look pretty stacked at LB too. Great depth and projects from last year seem to be greatly improved. Moving Irvin to SAM and adding Avril to OLB look to have really crowded this corps.

I'm not sure Ware is going to make the active roster. I don't see him being able to add what Robinson still provides. They'll keep Turbin and Michael. I have a hard time seeing them carry 5 backs, considering the depth they'll want to keep elsewhere.

I also am not as high as some on Willson. It just seems like he is hit and miss a lot. As if he's still thinking about what he's supposed to do. He has good/great speed. But it also looks like he doesn't afford good separation and doesn't particularly fight for the ball as much as he needs to given that he's not getting open enough. It could be he needs to tighten his routes more. Whatever the reason, he's not contributing as much as his targets have warranted he should. To me he looks like he may need a year to settle down. He should make the squad but I'm not hopeful that he blossoms this season.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been pleasantly surprised by our defensive tackles so far. Hope Bennett can heal quickly. Clinton McDonald's been playing his butt off, too.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennett has become a must resign for us. He's been outstanding.

McDonald would have never been cut if he was playing the way he is now. I see him sticking around for the duration this year. He's reminding me of how Rocky Bernard played in his early days. He's been magnificently active.

McDaniel is another guy who has performed well. We've played a lot of really good OL/running teams out of the gate and we've really done very well. Bryant is playing like he's in a contract year and he's going to be a tough salary cap casualty next year.

Hill hasn't even played a snap this year. I am very interested to see how he fits. Coming into the season, it looked very much like Seattle was going into 2014 with the same primary need as it did in 2013. That doesn't look like it's the case at all any more. It really opens up the draft options for us in 2014.

If I had to hazard a guess, our draft is going to be more about succession than need. The roster is changing into one where we are entering the second contract phase. Some second contracts are going to have to be left on the table in order to resign the guys we really need. Our draft is probably going to be aimed at succeeding the guys we have to let walk.

We'll be in a treading water phase talent wise. But it should be a phase where we can maintain excellence rather than regress to the mean as the system is intended.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your Bennett comment is odd timing? How much did he play yesterday before he was injured?

We could still use upgrades along the offensive line and even including LT because it's tough to count on Okung to stay healthy. His career has been marred by injuries and he might just be one of those players.

We definitely need an infusion of youth at outside WR and TE.

And on D, we're going to be losing Browner. So we'll need a CB even if WTIII can start at RCB.

Otherwise you can never have enough quality DL or special teams LBs.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Your Bennett comment is odd timing? How much did he play yesterday before he was injured?

We could still use upgrades along the offensive line and even including LT because it's tough to count on Okung to stay healthy. His career has been marred by injuries and he might just be one of those players.

We definitely need an infusion of youth at outside WR and TE.

And on D, we're going to be losing Browner. So we'll need a CB even if WTIII can start at RCB.

Otherwise you can never have enough quality DL or special teams LBs.
Always good to revisit old posts.

Obviously, Bennett has even further entrenched his must sign status. He is dynamic, versatile and he really anchors the fluidity of our defensive scheme almost single handedly. He is in my opinion, second only to Earl Thomas in terms of our defense's ability to morph from one scheme to another pre snap without any substitutions necessary.

Agreed on Okung. While I do think Giacomini could be resigned it's not likely. Seattle needs to get a RT capable of swinging to the left side. I'm not ruling out Bailey as being that player. He and Bowie have gained valuable experience. If we don't get an OT early, I think it'll be telling how Cable and Carroll view the viability of those two players.

Baldwin has been a guy who I am now fully comfortable being either Rice's or Tate's successor. He doesn't have the measurements for the outside. But he has functional height. He tracks, leaps and extends for balls so exquisitely. He is kind of like KJ Wright in my estimation. Pete likes his LBs to be 4.4 on the watch. Every single one of our LBs runs sub 4.5. Except Wright who runs a comparatively tortoise like 4.7. But he makes up for that lack of speed with exceptional play recognition and absurd length.

Baldwin is breaking out before our eyes as a legitimate outside receiver at under 6' height. He gets jump balls and explosive plays on the outside by way of sick receiving skills.

We still may get a WR, since this draft is chock full of good sized possession receivers. I believe we'll take Abbrederis in the 2nd round. He should have good speed relative to the other prospects. But his route running is just amazing to watch. He is unique in that way.

I don't see it likely we take a DB on day 1 or 2. Unless it's just a resplendent talent that just drops into our laps. There isn't one such player in this draft I think we'll feel we have to take him in rounds one or two. Not saying there isn't first round talent there. Just that our standard for the position is much more selective than any other team in the NFL. We are ridiculously adept at turning 5th, 6th and 7th round projects into NFL starter quality DBs.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed on Bennett.

I seriously don't understand how well they consistently get the best out of players. Some of the moves they make that work out - they just don't usually work out.

Bennett coming off a career year, looking for a payday, comes in and actually plays BETTER.

Avril, cashing in on a big deal, clearly a bit overrated, but they make him fit perfectly and he's playing terrific.

Moving Bruce Irvin to LB? That's like a Madden move! And he's making PBUs? WTF?

Even Ricardo Lockette comes in and makes a great catch. It's unbelievable.

It's a credit to the coaching staff. They develop players like nothing I've ever seen. How many times do players flash in the pan, get FA deals, and then don't pan out? It's astounding how good the roster is.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Don't forget that Bruce Irvin started his college career as a safety. You're talking about a guy who has played safety as well as defensive end in a 3-4. He's just an absurd athlete, and is showing why they took him where they did. They knew they were going to be able to use him.

I agree that of Avril and Bennett, Bennett looks like the one to re-sign. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they brought in another OLB this offseason so that they can move Irvin back to LEO.

On thing that last two couple games have shown, though, is that we need a number 1 wideout in a bad way. I like both Tate and Baldwin a lot, but I want them to be our number 2 and 3 receivers. I frankly don't trust Percy Harvin. I didn't much like the move when they did it, thinking that Golden Tate already offered a lot of the same things and what we needed was someone to feed the ball to. If you told me right now I could trade Percy back to Minnesota for Cordarrelle Patterson I would do it. Maybe Percy can do that, but he's always seemed sort of unreliable, and his forte is creating after the catch more than making contested grabs. I think Mike Evans might be a terrific fit, but I think we'd have to trade up for him. Having that guy would open up the whole offense, Percy Harvin would have more room to operate underneath, and Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin would eat up lesser corners. Although that would be a much more pass-heavy offense than I think Pete Carroll prefers.

Even if the production numbers were relatively low, though, we need that big-bodied downfield option who can box defenders out and present a big target. Tate and Baldwin are both good at tracking the ball in the air, but they're not physically dominant, and our lack of that player has been painfully obvious lately. AZ's got Malcolm Floyd and Larry Fitzgerald, San Fran's got Boldin and Crabtree, we've got a few under 6-foot, under-200 lb receivers and it's been a little bit of a problem. I really think they have to try and answer that in the draft. If not Mike Evans, I might still be happy with Donte Montcrief or someone like that. I like Abredderis, too. Just not sure he's got quite the right physical skillset. Think Baldwin is more explosive and offers pretty much the same things.

I do think Luke Willson has the potential to emerge as a wildcard, though, similar to Jordan Cameron or Julius Thomas. Think he's a little faster than either of them, and that one-handed catch last week would've gone the distance if the play hadn't been blown dead.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Avril's already signed to a long-term deal. Bennett's on a one year deal and MUST test the FA market after how he's played. With so much money tied up in some guys like Harvin, Avril, Chancellor, etc. and the need to sign Sherman, ETIII, and eventually Wilson, I'm not sure they can afford to sign Bennett to a huge deal - which is what he'll command this offseason.

I definitely agree with you that they could use a big-bodied receiver. But for this year, they can still win it all without one.

If Willson's high ankle sprain limits him or keeps him out - that's a big blow. In some ways he's one of the most irreplaceable players on the team because of his unique skillset, versatility, and a lack of depth at TE.

Next year, Miller will either have to take a paycut or leave, which would leave them with Willson and nothing else at TE.

I definitely think they'll add either a WR or TE in the first two rounds next year. They love to play two TEs.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:32 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Avril's already signed to a long-term deal. Bennett's on a one year deal and MUST test the FA market after how he's played. With so much money tied up in some guys like Harvin, Avril, Chancellor, etc. and the need to sign Sherman, ETIII, and eventually Wilson, I'm not sure they can afford to sign Bennett to a huge deal - which is what he'll command this offseason.

I definitely agree with you that they could use a big-bodied receiver. But for this year, they can still win it all without one.

If Willson's high ankle sprain limits him or keeps him out - that's a big blow. In some ways he's one of the most irreplaceable players on the team because of his unique skillset, versatility, and a lack of depth at TE.

Next year, Miller will either have to take a paycut or leave, which would leave them with Willson and nothing else at TE.

I definitely think they'll add either a WR or TE in the first two rounds next year. They love to play two TEs.
Just wanted to say that Avril is only signed through 2014 and I wouldnt be surprised to see him get released. He's due $9.25m in 2014. Actually, im expecting to see WR Sidney Rice, DE Cliff Avril and DE Chris Clemons to get released. Doing so would give you over $6.8m in dead money but save $21.8m including the dead money. Rice would also save you $9m in cap room in 2015. Those three moves alone should give your team plenty of cap room to extend your core. At first, I thought that you guys would be in a worse situation cap wise but I have to admit that after seeing how much cap space you'll get from those three moves, its my 49ers who look like they will be a worse cap situation. :(
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

I personally would keep an eye on CJ Fiedorowicz out of Iowa. He looks like a Zach Miller clone. Not many teams feature a traditional inline TE. If we end up moving on from Miller or even if we keep him at a reduced salary, Fiedorowicz would be a very solid player who can fit in the rotation nicely.

Seattle does appear to be moving away from 2 TE sets. But they do use them and drafting an heir apparent for Miller would still make sense, considering we'll likely lose Davis and McCoy. Willson looks like he's going to be the Joker TE we have wanted for the last couple years. He's getting significantly better throughout the season.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Odd timing for draft talk.

What's your take on the game!?!?!!??!?
Old 01-12-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the hell is everyone?
WHO is everyone?

No Seattle contingent here?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:24 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Where the hell is everyone?
WHO is everyone?

No Seattle contingent here?
They must meet in secret since initials has over 10,000 posts and babs has over 20,000. Or I guess they might only post in the NFL section. I like to think there's a hidden thread around here somewhere...

Anyways, it's time for me to get out of enemy territory. See you guys this weekend. You've got a hell of a team. I hope we beat the **** out of you.

Cheers

Ps: this is only my 2nd time coming in here to post. The other was telling some of you to calm down and give Wilson some more time. Should have told you to make the switch to Flynn, dammit.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the **** is Seattle fan?
All their fans go to the games?

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photo...6-4ac5f533ed36
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In case anyone needs a new sig: