Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-02-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Grand Theft Auto V Thread

I know we have a video game thread, but a game of this magnitude deserves to stand alone. This is the game, no, this is the piece of entertainment I have been waiting for my entire life. This looks like a life-defining piece of art. Yeah, that sounds pretentious and hyperbolic as hell but it's completely true for me.

My body is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably won't buy it right away. GTA IV was a huge disappointment. GTA III (especially Vice City but all of them really) had such a great replay value. But GTA IV wasn't nearly as fun. I think a lot of it had to do with the map. It was too complicated and everything looked the same. I never knew where I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin. One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one. Awesome. Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Probably won't buy it right away. GTA IV was a huge disappointment. GTA III (especially Vice City but all of them really) had such a great replay value. But GTA IV wasn't nearly as fun. I think a lot of it had to do with the map. It was too complicated and everything looked the same. I never knew where I was.
Me too man. I'm probably going to wait a while til the price drops a bit. I played IV for a while before I realized I wasn't having fun really. Something about the games just wasn't nearly as fun to play as the ones before it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GTA IV > III, Vice City, and San Andreas

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably wait to get it as well. Vice City > any other GTA so far. I played that game for 100s of hours.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Me too man. I'm probably going to wait a while til the price drops a bit. I played IV for a while before I realized I wasn't having fun really. Something about the games just wasn't nearly as fun to play as the ones before it.
The main thing about it for me was how serious it was. In the GTA III games, I loved all the side stuff. Finding the hidden packages, side races, the dirt bike track, rampages. You could play these games without even doing the missions and have a blast. GTA IV just didn't have that aspect. I'm just pissed my PS2 broke so I can't play them anymore. I might have to buy the XBox versions and hope they work on my 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin. One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one. Awesome. Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The main thing about it for me was how serious it was. In the GTA III games, I loved all the side stuff. Finding the hidden packages, side races, the dirt bike track, rampages. You could play these games without even doing the missions and have a blast. GTA IV just didn't have that aspect. I'm just pissed my PS2 broke so I can't play them anymore. I might have to buy the XBox versions and hope they work on my 360.
The flipside of this was San Andreas, which was way too goofy. I still enjoyed it and played it a lot, but it did not have the right balance of the two that Vice City did. Hopefully with V they get that balance right once again.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are hidden packages, in the form of finding all 100 pidgeons.

There are side races, Brucie's Races.

True, it sucks they didn't have rampages. Couldn't care less about a dirt bike track.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you don't mind going digital Grand Theft Auto 3($9.99),Vice City ($9.99) and San Andreas($14.99) are all on PSN.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GTA V online.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...ft-auto-online

Quote:
You can invite your buddies to your apartment bought with persistent in-game cash and they can hang out, sit on your couch, and take hits off of your bong.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at a party tonight and a friend was convinced GTA IV was just a test run on the current generation hardware to see what was possible. It was all prologue to GTA V's capabilities. As crazy as that sounds, I kinda see his point. This looks utterly flawless.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Got the special edition on pre-order.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've bought every GTA since 3 and this will be no different. I was not disappointed with 4, though I expect/hope 5 is less serious. I'm especially interested to see how the online portion shapes up. Their plans to have it kind of split off from 5 and eventually be its own thing are very interesting.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations, Rockstar invented something way more usless than sitting on a couch watching family guy and getting high in real life- letting you do it IN game.

But seriously....why? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's some strong indications out there that the entire game is now out in the wild. If you care about things being spoiled, be very careful about what you read.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
There's some strong indications out there that the entire game is now out in the wild. If you care about things being spoiled, be very careful about what you read.
Like legit copies sold too early or stolen? Or on torrent sites where a large majority of people won't be able to do anything with the files?

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-06-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Like legit copies sold too early or stolen? Or on torrent sites where a large majority of people won't be able to do anything with the files?
It was circulating on certain parts of the internet yesterday that someone already had achievements for it on Xbox Live. I have no idea how legit it is or what the implications are, but yeah. There was already a pretty good sized leak with the Playstation pre-load files being mined as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SA was the best. By far.

IV had too much **** interrupting me enjoying the game, so I quit playing it. Girlfriend calling during a bank robbery? WTF? I don't show up and she gets mad...? Stupid ******* ****. Sleeping Dogs does that sidequest stuff properly.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
SA was the best. By far.

IV had too much **** interrupting me enjoying the game, so I quit playing it. Girlfriend calling during a bank robbery? WTF? I don't show up and she gets mad...? Stupid ******* ****. Sleeping Dogs does that sidequest stuff properly.
IV was far inferior compared to TLAD and Ballad of *** Tony.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm going to midnight release this b*tch. I can't wait.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

I'm setting up a crew right now for all of us.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...uerque_crystal

Join up

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Sounds neat. wat do?

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-10-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

No idea, still trying to figure out the system myself. It's just a way for us all to team up and steamroll people. We get bonus XP and stuff.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is most likely gonna rock my panties.

Vice City was the best, by the way.