Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Schaub or Romo

Who chokes better? Two big stat'd QBs of texas based teams, both have had no success in the playoffs and both are phenomenal at blowing games. Which one is more incredibly in his game-losing skills?

Or any other broken starters you wanna talk about really, **** the young gunz!!!

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 10-06-2013 at 11:00 PM.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike McMahon ruled.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Mike McMahon ruled.

GOAT Madden 2003 fantasy draft quarterback.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go with Romo because he gets your hopes up higher before crushing your dreams.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I gotta go with Romo because he gets your hopes up higher before crushing your dreams.
This is my thinking, but Schaub's demise may be more brutal for Texans fans because of how long it went under the radar because the team went from awful to stacked so quickly that he didn't show his choking abilities until people already had this impression of him as a Phillip Rivers like near franchise QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
If Nick Foles out-dueled my team's QB I would probably look for something else to talk about too. :)

Honest answer though Schaub doesn't give his team a chance to win so he's worse. However Romo certainly builds his team up to impossible heights before being unable to finish.

That being said the answer is still Eli Manning's face.

Did he? I honestly only watched until the Wilson td and the next drive before I left cause I had better stuff to do than watch the giants add another L in the race for clowney. So I have no clue what actually happened in that game.

But we already have a lot of other threads for talking about how hard the giants suck this year.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 10-06-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
This is my thinking, but Schaub's demise may be more brutal for Texans fans because of how long it went under the radar because the team went from awful to stacked so quickly that he didn't show his choking abilities until people already had this impression of him as a Phillip Rivers like near franchise QB.
People have known Schaub is borderline since the dawn of time, though. It's not something people didn't see coming. It's shocking exactly how terrible it's been, but he's had terrible stretches before when he was nearly dumped in favor of all-time greats like Sage Rosenfels.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
People have known Schaub is borderline since the dawn of time, though. It's not something people didn't see coming. It's shocking exactly how terrible it's been, but he's had terrible stretches before when he was nearly dumped in favor of all-time greats like Sage Rosenfels.
True, but now it seems like it's every big game with him that he just doesn't show up, the texans used to not have big games so it wasn't so blatant when he was putting up fantasy numbers with AJ at the start. I could see a lot of common fans getting blindsided by how epic Schaub's suck has been the past few years.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Nick Foles out-dueled my team's QB I would probably look for something else to talk about too. :)

Honest answer though Schaub doesn't give his team a chance to win so he's worse. However Romo certainly builds his team up to impossible heights before being unable to finish.

That being said the answer is still Eli Manning's face.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather be losing the whole game like Schaub tends to do when he's going bad than have my heart ripped out time and again like how Romo does it.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo still played great today, it's not his fault that the refs decide to full on blow the Broncos.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Romo still played great today, it's not his fault that the refs decide to full on blow the Broncos.
Oh I'm not judging this off of today since I literally saw Romo attempt one pass, the romoception. But Tony's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in spectacular ways for years.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep, its the refs fault that he forced the pass into quadruple coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The play before they ignored a blatant horsecollar on the sack, which was why he forced the throw in the first place.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The play before they ignored a blatant horsecollar on the sack, which was why he forced the throw in the first place.
Yep, if I'm gonna force a throw...I might as well do it into quadruple coverage. Go out with a bang right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
With Demarco Murray TOTALLY UNCOVERED right in the middle 8 yards out.... Murray was pissed about being ignored there when he saw the result of the Int behind him.

Schuab sucks.
Romo doesn't.
But Romo has a patent=pending on the last second collapse. Bus Cook is fighting the patent on behalf of his client Farve though.
Romo says Farve's only applies to playoff games though. The FarvoCeption.
Farvageddon.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo is clearly better than Schaub. We've all known that Matt Schaub is more of a game manager QB, who puts up respectable numbers mostly due to having a strong O-Line and Andre Johnson. We saw today that Romo can duel with Peyton Manning and he has done it before. That just makes the collapse more spectacular.

Here's one for you all, if you could trade straight up who would you take: Philip Rivers or Tony Romo?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Romo is clearly better than Schaub. We've all known that Matt Schaub is more of a game manager QB, who puts up respectable numbers mostly due to having a strong O-Line and Andre Johnson. We saw today that Romo can duel with Peyton Manning and he has done it before. That just makes the collapse more spectacular.

Here's one for you all, if you could trade straight up who would you take: Philip Rivers or Tony Romo?
Right now or from the start of their tenures? Cause I think Romo's clearly a better QB right now and has been for a couple years, while before then Rivers was better back when he got the Chargers to the playoffs and racked up some postseason wins. So from right now I pick Romo, from the start of their starting I pick Rivers
Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Right now or from the start of their tenures? Cause I think Romo's clearly a better QB right now and has been for a couple years, while before then Rivers was better back when he got the Chargers to the playoffs and racked up some postseason wins. So from right now I pick Romo, from the start of their starting I pick Rivers
Yeah, but these past two years they gutted that team and kept Norv too long. So far this year he is back to being an elite QB and has out-played Romo. Including last week when they went into Dallas and beat them. His weapons are not as good as Romo's.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Yeah, but these past two years they gutted that team and kept Norv too long. So far this year he is back to being an elite QB and has out-played Romo. Including last week when they went into Dallas and beat them. His weapons are not as good as Romo's.
I wanna say it's been more than just the past two years that Rivers has been "not himself". Maybe that's just my memory failing me though. But it's still too early in this season to say that he's back which is why I'd take Tony without too much hesitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I love how Romo blew the game. Not the defense that **** the bed all day long. Not the offensive line that gave up four sacks. Or the non-existent run game. Nope, the guy who had one of the greatest statistical games ever (while out playing the QB off to the hottest start ever) totally blew the game. And if you watch the play, the INT wasn't all that much his fault. The defender made a fantastic play and the receiver just stood there with his head up his ass. You have to go to the ball not stand there waiting.

And let's just forget the fact that Romo has the highest 4th quarter passer rating among active QBs. Or that he actually has 18 4th quarter comebacks. Nope Tony Romo is such a chocker. The perception of Tony Romo just shows how dumb the average football fan is.
This game is not where Romo's perception comes from, it's the countless other time he's Romo'd out at the end of a game. He put up huge stats, I didn't watch the game so I don't know if he played up to those stats but he probably did, Romo's a good QB until it comes time to secure the loss and then he does Romo things. That still doesn't change the fact that he forced a bad throw that ultimately handed the game to Denver right as the game was being decided.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Romo blew the game. Not the defense that **** the bed all day long. Not the offensive line that gave up four sacks. Or the non-existent run game. Nope, the guy who had one of the greatest statistical games ever (while out playing the QB off to the hottest start ever) totally blew the game. And if you watch the play, the INT wasn't all that much his fault. The defender made a fantastic play and the receiver just stood there with his head up his ass. You have to go to the ball not stand there waiting.

And let's just forget the fact that Romo has the highest 4th quarter passer rating among active QBs. Or that he actually has 18 4th quarter comebacks. Nope Tony Romo is such a chocker. The perception of Tony Romo just shows how dumb the average football fan is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...if you watch the play, the INT wasn't all that much his fault. The defender made a fantastic play and the receiver just stood there with his head up his ass. You have to go to the ball not stand there waiting.
Romo threw it into the middle of the field to a crossing receiver who was being closely tailed and also running behind another defender who was sitting back and reading Romo. The ball got intercepted a couple of yards in front of the receiver (I forget who it was; think it was Witten). He couldn't make a play on it. It was a brain-fart kind of throw. The receiver wasn't open and Romo threw it anyways. He had DeMarco Murray uncovered right in front of him, too. There was no reason in the world to attempt that pass.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Boom.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh come on, I totally shitted on Romo yesterday for Romo'ing like he always does, but come on.

This shouldn't be a thread. Romo runs laps around Schaub. He's 10x the qb Schaub is.

Having that said, Romo apologists are becoming the new Peyton Manning playoff record apologists. After awhile, you just have to take it for what it is.

I mean, it's not like it's just a couple of games. It's been years. It's gotten to a point where 90% of the internet calls the pick or fumble or whatever before it happens.

Those who cite the rest of the game are completely missing the point: Isolate the situation. When the game is on the line and the ball is in his hands, he consistently makes the mistake.

No one is knocking him for what he did yesterday, he had a great game, but what should be painfully obvious to everyone by now is the fact that in those exact situations, when you need it the most, Romo is gonna Romo.

How much more evidence do you need to see before you accept this? Come on. Enough already.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh come on, I totally shitted on Romo yesterday for Romo'ing like he always does, but come on.

This shouldn't be a thread. Romo runs laps around Schaub. He's 10x the qb Schaub is.

Having that said, Romo apologists are becoming the new Peyton Manning playoff record apologists. After awhile, you just have to take it for what it is.

I mean, it's not like it's just a couple of games. It's been years. It's gotten to a point where 90% of the internet calls the pick or fumble or whatever before it happens.

Those who cite the rest of the game are completely missing the point: Isolate the situation. When the game is on the line and the ball is in his hands, he consistently makes the mistake.

No one is knocking him for what he did yesterday, he had a great game, but what should be painfully obvious to everyone by now is the fact that in those exact situations, when you need it the most, Romo is gonna Romo.

How much more evidence do you need to see before you accept this? Come on. Enough already.
90% of the internet calls a pick or a fumble on every play so your argument is invalid.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean come on guys. I get the Romo bashig, I really do. But did anyone stop to think that fir Romo to win this game all he had to do was break the single game passing record, throw for 6 TDs and no picks. That's all. No big deal right. No big deal that denver never punted so it's totally fair that we blast a guy for not having one of the greatest performances in history. He doesn't deserve a pass for the INT but it'd be nice if people put into perspective what was required of him to win.

Is it fair for any QB if you said before hand "hey, you need 550+ passing yards, 6 TDs and 0 INTs or it's gonna be your fault". I mean Eli has been making dumb ass decisions all season(once again) but he won a SB so he gets a pass for any ****** regular season game he's had because of it. The fact that this thread exist after the game Romo had and the one Schaub had says a lot about the standards people have for Romo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote