Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-27-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default More Hyped: Luck or Clowney?

The mantra was suck for Luck when Luck was coming out. The hype was he was the best QB to come out since Elway I remember reading. Clowney's hype train labeled him one of the best defensive prospects to come out since 20 years.

So my question is in terms of hype and I guess potential ability who is the better prospect in their respective positions? Which prospect has the higher potential? Both have a lot of hype than any other prospect I can remember.

So it's suck for Luck or Clowning for Clowney. Who has more hype and higher potential as a player?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck received significantly less criticism than Clowney as a prospect.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Luck received significantly less criticism than Clowney as a prospect.
I agree. Clowney is getting a lot for taking plays off because he doesn't want to get hurt. However, I am taking more of positive hype and also overall potential of the prospects.

When each prospect is broken down, who has the higher potential or ceiling for their respective position?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When each prospect is broken down, who has the higher potential or ceiling for their respective position?
If that is the question, I think it is easily Andrew Luck. He was clearly the best quarterback prospect to come out of college since Peyton Manning, who is arguably the best prototypical quarterback in the NFL.

Clowney is a great player and getting a lot of hype but that is because he is easily the best defensive end prospect in the country and has been arguably since he was a freshman player.

However there are other recent great pass rushers in the college game that are on par with Clowney I feel when they were in college. Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Chris Long etc. Clowney could easily become better than any of those players in the NFL however, will see.

Oddly enough, Jameis Winston is right on the tail of Andrew Luck. Could argue if you take all the prospects in the country currently, regardless of class or position and pick one, I would take Winston #1 without question at this point in time. He is next in line with the media hype and really it has already happened.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Oddly enough, Jameis Winston is right on the tail of Andrew Luck. Could argue if you take all the prospects in the country currently, regardless of class or position and pick one, I would take Winston #1 without question at this point in time. He is next in line with the media hype and really it has already happened.
I agree. The second the draft ends this year, everybody is going to talk about Winston non stop. People are going to want to tank for Winston, just like they did for Luck. Regardless of class he's the best prospect in the country. He's up there with Luck as a prospect, or can be.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I agree. The second the draft ends this year, everybody is going to talk about Winston non stop. People are going to want to tank for Winston, just like they did for Luck. Regardless of class he's the best prospect in the country. He's up there with Luck as a prospect, or can be.
Assuming Jameis Winston did declare as a RSO and he did declare, how does he compare to Terry Bridgewater as a prospect?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck was more hyped. He was pretty much universally loved as a QB. Nothing was really missing in his game so it was hard to attack him as a prospect. He seems to be living up to the hype right now.

Clowney is hugely hyped right now in his own right and he should be. The guy is big and explosive as they come. He has some minor issues with conditioning and effort in my eyes, but right now in college he affects every offense he plays against. Teams have to double him and they generally run the ball the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. I'd rather talk about Jameis Winston too!!! You could make a strong case he'd be the 1/1 pick in the 2014 draft if he could come out, and he may end up being the best pro QB prospect since Elway. I hope people watch Winston as much as possible at FSU because I think he's gonna be an alltime great.

The hype surrounding Clowney is cooling somewhat if only because his game film isn't consistently impressive or dominating. I'm sure the hype will pick up steam once the regular college football season ends.
However as of right now, I don't think Clowney is one of the best players in the BCS.

If we didn't 'know' who he was, I doubt he'd really be mentioned much on this board.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck is livining up to his hype no?

It's be interesting if Winston comes out early or not. He should stay all 4 years
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys are forgetting the idiotic "Andrew Luck doesn't have a strong arm" saga
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I think you guys are forgetting the idiotic "Andrew Luck doesn't have a strong arm" saga
He still doesn't throw the football with great velocity which was the basis of the arm strength critique. Luck can still complete passes 50+ yards downfield, but he can't rip the football like CK, Stafford, Cutler or RG3 on a 25 yard out route.

Basically Luck threw to TEs and RBs most the time at Stanford, so his true arm strength was something of a mystery.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Andrew Luck is livining up to his hype no?

It's be interesting if Winston comes out early or not. He should stay all 4 years
Why should he not declare as soon as he's eligible? I mean, I could see him sticking around for his RS Junior year if the team is close to being national championship winners and he really wants to accomplish that or something, but unless he completely craps the bed he'll be the consensus #1 pick in 2015.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck got more hype than any prospect since Eli, and he may have even gotten more hype because the NFL draft is a bigger deal than when little brother came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense is illegal in the NFL these days, so I don't know why a DE should get near the hype of a elite QB prospect.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had questions with Luck. I thought he was more Matt Ryan than Peyton Manning/John Elway. I meant that in the sense that I feel Elway and Peyton (and Brady) can win without much help. Could basically take WRs off the street and those QBs would make them look like great WRs. I was concerned Luck was more of a guy you'd have to put playmakers around. Never thought he wouldn't succeed. But I worried that the ascend would take much longer without guys like Reggie Wayne (who looked like he would be gone), Garcon, Collie, Clark, etc.

Luck was also a better prospect than Ryan, but I wondered if he should have been.

Clowney was the #1 highschool recruit. He's been hyped for a long time. I think the only reason he's not as hyped as Luck was is because he's not a QB.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck by far. Woulda been the number 1 pick the year before to Carolina...and how many times have we seen a guy go back and drop 10 spots?

Luck was a can't miss guy, and hes proving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Luck by far. Woulda been the number 1 pick the year before to Carolina...and how many times have we seen a guy go back and drop 10 spots?

Luck was a can't miss guy, and hes proving it.
I remember hoping we'd trade back/take someone like AJ Green or Marcell Dareus and just tank 2011 as well, all to land Luck.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:19 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it a bit early to say Winston is the best prospect in a draft that is still really far away? The guy is tearing it up right now but a lot of stuff can happen between now and then. He is certainly on track though.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-28-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Isn't it a bit early to say Winston is the best prospect in a draft that is still really far away? The guy is tearing it up right now but a lot of stuff can happen between now and then. He is certainly on track though.
I said 'unless he craps the bed' he'll be the #1 pick in 2015. I do not think it is too early to say that, no. Of course he could have a career-altering injury or have a really bad sophomore year, but barring something to that degree, he's the #1 guy, no question.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess, lets talk about the value of that #1 pick.
Griffin was 3 1st round picks right?
Luck was talked about as 6 1st round picks.

What would be the trade up value to obtain Winston?
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I guess, lets talk about the value of that #1 pick.
Griffin was 3 1st round picks right?
Luck was talked about as 6 1st round picks.

What would be the trade up value to obtain Winston?
It really depends on the other options you have with those first round picks.

When Washington took RG3 there was a huge dropoff from him to the next QB prospect and even then it hasn't seemed worth it.

If Winston was in this class and I had the #2 pick I would be happy to just take Bridgewater as I don't think there's a very big gap between them. If I had the #3 or #4 pick I'd probably be hesitant to trade multiple first rounders and would probably just pick Mariota or Clowney. Any later than that and I'd definitely be willing to give up 2 1st picks to move up and possibly 3 if I was a talented team that just needed a Qb.

Assuming he refines his mechanics and doesn't have any setbacks before the 2015 draft I think he'll be a notch below Luck as a prospect and better than everybody else since Peyton.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

importance / value of QB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> importance / value of DE

Andrew Luck was the ultimate prospect because he was a great QB. Clowney might become the next Reggie White but that won't be nearly as important as developing a top-10 QB if you are a rebuilding team.

Even if I knew Clowney would literally become the next Reggie White, I'd still take a QB over him if I was a team that needed one.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
importance / value of QB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> importance / value of DE

Andrew Luck was the ultimate prospect because he was a great QB. Clowney might become the next Reggie White but that won't be nearly as important as developing a top-10 QB if you are a rebuilding team.

Even if I knew Clowney would literally become the next Reggie White, I'd still take a QB over him if I was a team that needed one.
You can have your cake and eat it too, though. If you draft Clowney and have another abyssmal season with a bad QB, you may get Jameis Winston next year. You act as if this is the last year that team can ever draft a QB.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
You can have your cake and eat it too, though. If you draft Clowney and have another abyssmal season with a bad QB, you may get Jameis Winston next year. You act as if this is the last year that team can ever draft a QB.
If you're a general manager or head coach, the clock is ticking.

This is exactly what Steve Spagnolo tried to do in STL when he drafted Chris Long #2 overall instead of Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. He probably thought he could wait and draft his franchise QB later, but when he finally did draft a QB, time had run out on him.

If he had taken Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco instead of Chris Long in 2008, Spagnolo might still have his job in St Louis.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:38 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

To be fair they still had a young Byron Leftwich who wasn't that terrible yet. It wouldn't have made any sense to draft Rodgers then.

Plus who knows what happens to Rodgers in a different situation. He got 3 full year to develop in a really stable franchise and stepped into a great set of receivers.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy