Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-11-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default This Year's Damontre Moore

At this time last year Damontre Moore was a near-consensus top 10 pick, then he went to the combine and absolutely stunk up the joint http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...ne-performance. He then slid to late 1st-early 2nd in everybody's mock drafts. He ended up going in the 3rd round, #81 overall.

Who has the best chance of going from top 10 to 3rd rounder this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 02-11-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kouandjio or Gilbert, maybe even Bridgewater or Evans.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Kouandjio or Gilbert, maybe even Bridgewater or Evans.
Only Bridgewater is a top 10 prospect among this group and I cannot see him dropping at all, but if we are talking about 1st rounder then I agree that Evans is a possibility, his speed is questionable and playing with Manziel made it easy for him to get open and he may be seen to have trouble creating space with a normal QB. I'd put Benjamin in the same category, in his case, he's talented but raw as a WR and that rawness could drop him on draft day. The only other guy with question marks is Amaro who played in that spread type offense, can he adjust to a NFL type offense.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 02-12-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:59 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to say Anthony Barr. I feel like his stock was inflated based on his upside and the fact he has only played defense for 2 years. I think he will run pretty well in the 40 but could get shown up in the agility drills. He seems very straight line-ish to me. If he is put into LB drills and struggles to turn his hips he could become one of those dreaded players without a position.

Not saying he will drop to the third but I could see a fall to the mid to late first anyway at this stage.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:10 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Medically I would pick Nix as his tendonitis is going to be a problem moving forward - how long before he needs another surgery? Remember Jesse Williams last year - is it the same deal with Nix? Unlikely we'll know until Draft day however - although I did see Nolan Nawrocki is writing the NFL.com Draft profiles, but might well be muzzled in terms of his usual character/medical (and if anyone knows a writer who is good with this kind of stuff I'd love to know - interests me more than opinions from tape which we can all make!).

Athletically I would say maybe Dennard might well run a slow 40 - Joe Haden?

I actually think Barr will test out OK as a linear athlete - not sure his change of direction drills will be great, but expect explosion drills to be near the top of his position group.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Only Bridgewater is a top 10 prospect among this group and I cannot see him dropping at all, but if we are talking about 1st rounder then I agree that Evans is a possibility, his speed is questionable and playing with Manziel made it easy for him to get open and he may be seen to have trouble creating space with a normal QB. I'd put Benjamin in the same category, in his case, he's talented but raw as a WR and that rawness could drop him on draft day. The only other guy with question marks is Amaro who played in that spread type offense, can he adjust to a NFL type offense.
Gilbert and Evans are frequently mocked to teams like Detroit and Buffalo.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Gilbert and Evans are frequently mocked to teams like Detroit and Buffalo.
I don't believe Evans is good enough to go that high, Gilbert fate lays at the Combine where he could put himself in a position to go as high as #10 and it is a pick that makes some sense for both teams.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill keep it at the same position with Stephon Tuitt, who at 1 point was a possible top 10 pick. His stock seems to be in the low 20's right now but with a bad combine he could fall.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Barr will fall but not close to as far as "DaMonster" did. Maybe Marqise Lee due to medical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think either of the two ND Linemen are good calls; Nix or Tuitt.

I wouldn't be shocked if Nix showed up huge and slow or Tuitt looked lazy and dropped because of it into the 2nd/3rd range.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:12 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barr is taking a hit already. If he doesn't run the 4.55 that everyone thinks he can. I think he ends up in the 20's. Not a far fall, but from top 5 money its a big drop to them.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:13 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to say it because he's a Missouri Tiger, but could be Kony Ealy
Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say CJ Mosley or Anthony Barr

Barr was once being talked about as a Top-3 pick, now he's in the 8-12 range in many mocks. I could see him falling, but not a ton.

Mosley is another Bama guy, that could be a Rolondo McClain (w/ better attitude). Mosley is a smart guy, but he struggles getting off blocks from what I've seen. I've seen him going in the Top-10, but think he'll be more around the 25 range.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on Mosley. He does a lot of things well, and I think he'll be a good pro, but I don't see an impact player. Never had more than 9 TFL in a season, doesn't create a lot of TO's. I have him going to the Bengals at #24.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
I agree on Mosley. He does a lot of things well, and I think he'll be a good pro, but I don't see an impact player. Never had more than 9 TFL in a season, doesn't create a lot of TO's. I have him going to the Bengals at #24.
I kind of agree about Mosley, but I will say - often it's tough for players like him to make splash plays when everyone else around you is so damn good.

He'd stand out more if he was playing for say Miami.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
I kind of agree about Mosley, but I will say - often it's tough for players like him to make splash plays when everyone else around you is so damn good.

He'd stand out more if he was playing for say Miami.
Yeah, but ideally you'd have him on a good/great D in the NFL. Do you want to spend a high first on a guy who can't stand out in an ideal setting (for the team)? Because he does cover and play in space very well, I still see him as a 1st RD prospect - just not toward the top.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying Barr for a while. I watched him in a few games and have no idea how people had him as a top 5 prospect. Some people were even saying he was on par with Clowney.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Barr fall dramatically? The pre-draft season was made for him. He's going to light up the combine which will only improve his stock...

If he's being projected top 10 with his current tape, he isn't going to fall because of the same tape.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Why would Barr fall dramatically? The pre-draft season was made for him. He's going to light up the combine which will only improve his stock...

If he's being projected top 10 with his current tape, he isn't going to fall because of the same tape.
Probably will have good 40 times, but I think he'll struggle with some of the strength tests and possibly the 3-cone drills. And a lot of people are already dropping him out of their top 10 when a couple months ago he was in people's top 5.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

Reminds me of our little Nick Perry.

Based on the flashy numbers, ie weigh in,bench, 40, vert, Nick Perry had an unbelievable combine. But his more relevant numbers, ie 10 yard split, 3 cone, shuttle, were all very poor. He had been mocked in the top 15 but ended up dropping to us.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Reminds me of our little Nick Perry.

Based on the flashy numbers, ie weigh in,bench, 40, vert, Nick Perry had an unbelievable combine. But his more relevant numbers, ie 10 yard split, 3 cone, shuttle, were all very poor. He had been mocked in the top 15 but ended up dropping to us.
So he dropped 15 spots. That isn't anything like what happened to Damontre Moore. And he wasn't ever a consensus top 15 pick. He might've been mocked there a few times but I don't think anyone was shocked when he was there at the end of the 1st round.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 02-12-2014 at 02:37 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to predict.

Barr is a good candidate -- as he really has to show the speed to maintain his status.

Other than that, there doesn't seem to be a guy likely to fall that far. Moore was extremely productive but just tested so badly. It doesn't look like there are many consensus top 10 overall guys who are like that. Ealy/Mosely aren't top 10 guys anyway. The CB class is deep and not exceptional. I wouldn't think any of them dropping to day 2 would be a shock. The depth and lack of separation of prospects will work against the position as a whole.

I might put Khalil Mack in this discussion. He doesn't have the tape against quality talent. If he had a poor combine, I would expect that to cost him nearly a full round. He's supposed to kill the combine and if he doesn't, I would think it would give a ton of teams pause. Being a LB and a lower division one at that, he needs to test great at the combine to maintain his 7-12 overall status we see today.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
Hard to predict.

Barr is a good candidate -- as he really has to show the speed to maintain his status.

Other than that, there doesn't seem to be a guy likely to fall that far. Moore was extremely productive but just tested so badly. It doesn't look like there are many consensus top 10 overall guys who are like that. Ealy/Mosely aren't top 10 guys anyway. The CB class is deep and not exceptional. I wouldn't think any of them dropping to day 2 would be a shock. The depth and lack of separation of prospects will work against the position as a whole.

I might put Khalil Mack in this discussion. He doesn't have the tape against quality talent. If he had a poor combine, I would expect that to cost him nearly a full round. He's supposed to kill the combine and if he doesn't, I would think it would give a ton of teams pause. Being a LB and a lower division one at that, he needs to test great at the combine to maintain his 7-12 overall status we see today.
He was probably the best player on the field against Ohio State. That may be a small sample size, but they were one of the top teams in the country and Mack absolutely dominated. I have a hard time believing he will test poorly, he out ran everybody on that pick six.

He can fall all the way to the Pats if he wants. I think he has the chance to be one of the best players to come out of this class, if not the best. I firmly believe that.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
He was probably the best player on the field against Ohio State. That may be a small sample size, but they were one of the top teams in the country and Mack absolutely dominated. I have a hard time believing he will test poorly, he out ran everybody on that pick six.

He can fall all the way to the Pats if he wants. I think he has the chance to be one of the best players to come out of this class, if not the best. I firmly believe that.
I don't disagree.

I expect him to tear it up at the combine. And I think he definitely could be one of the best of the class.

I'm saying though, that if he falls flat on his face there, it could cause a precipitous drop. Because everyone expects him to kill it at drill time. Not doing so would really cast doubt on how good he really is.

If he tests in the middle of the pack athletically or worse -- then I definitely see him dropping out of the 1st round. He needs to maintain expected value because his body of work is limited. His value is based heavily on his athleticism. If he doesn't have that advantage, then he gets tossed back into the pile with other LBs who feature other talents. And non special LBs athletically don't get picked in round 1.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:53 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Carr.