Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.
Default Pac-Man done for the year

And Henry out of action for the first half of the season.

Great job Goodell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He can be reinstated after the first 10 games. He still has a chance to play.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda think Henry got ripped. He's already been sat out 6 games I believe for conduct and he actually appears to have got it together. Being suspended will only increase the liklihood he does something stupid. 4 games I was fine with, 8 I think is too many.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I kinda think Henry got ripped. He's already been sat out 6 games I believe for conduct and he actually appears to have got it together. Being suspended will only increase the liklihood he does something stupid. 4 games I was fine with, 8 I think is too many.

Better too much than too little.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say I'm pretty shocked that they're suspending these guys after the fact. Seems like the punishments are kind of in line with what you'd expect. It's just shocking to me that the Union would allow past issues (with no convictions to date) to affect current playing time...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I have to say I'm pretty shocked that they're suspending these guys after the fact. Seems like the punishments are kind of in line with what you'd expect. It's just shocking to me that the Union would allow past issues (with no convictions to date) to affect current playing time...
I'm sure the Union will challenge it.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-10-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The union is weak. Everyone knows that. The only thing they are strong on is letting the medical problems of former players fall on deaf ears.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's a bit odd, too. I thought the new conduct policy was going to be implemented for future incidents. It seems to me liek the league is turning Henry and Jones into scapegoats. After all, why are they the only ones being suspended for past incidents? Especially considering that Henry has already been disciplined by the league. Is the league going to go back and suspend Jamal Lewis again for helping arrange a cocaine deal? What about Ray Lewis, who plead guilty to an Obstruction of Justice charge in a murder case?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I also think that Henry got too many games. Pac-Man's suspension was good with me.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing they can cut the suspensions a little, but it won't be wide-ranging. Is the NFL going to suspend Pacman again next season if he's convicted?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-10-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman hasn't been convicted of a single crime, good job NFL.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Pacman hasn't been convicted of a single crime, good job NFL.
He did fail to tell his team and the NFL about an arrest in Georgia though which is in violation of his contract. I think that was part of it.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can make a valid case that the suspensions are too high.

But youre overlooking the importance of what Goodell has done.

This HAD to be done. This is the beginning of a new era in football. Goodell is letting it be known that thuggery wont be accepted. He's doing the right thing, hes looking out for the long term future of this sport by dealing with a rising issue directly.

Unlike Tagliabue who swept it under the rug, Goodell is doing the right thing. This had to be done. The rest of the league is on call. Are they scapegoats? Yes, but sometimes you need that to get the message across.

And lets not be naive. Just because Pacman hasn't been convicted of anything doesn't mean that he wasn't in some way guilty of something. Athletes can get away with anything. Convictions don't mean anything anymore.

Goodell realizes that, and is taking action the best way he can. The worst thing you can do to an athlete is take the game away from him. And Goodell is doing that to set an example for the rest of the league.

Hopefully this marks the beginning of a cleaner NFL. So far, Goodell is doing a great job.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I actually think 4-6 would have been more fair for Henry. I think he paid a price for the Bengals team in a way. He has been suspended for 3 games thus far last year, 2 by the league and 1 by ML. I think 4-6 more would have been fair. He really hasn't been involved in the real serious stuff like we have seen from Pacman. Hopefully he learns a lesson, if not, his career is likely over
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Ward's sentiments. For not being convicted, a whole year is out there. Jughead's issue is the ebst ammo for such, but I think it's too much.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
WarrenMoonHOF
Rookie

WarrenMoonHOF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1 year really punishes the team more then the player. It's unfortunate and I really feel for the guys on that time that bust their a$$ to play in the NFL. Pac is such an important part of that team. 16 games without a conviction seems really harsh.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is bulllshit, he hasnt been convicted of anything yet, how can he be suspended?

Innocent until proven guilty

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10 View Post
This is bulllshit, he hasnt been convicted of anything yet, how can he be suspended?

Innocent until proven guilty
That's not necessarily a fair point. While I agree that it is very suspect, the NFL is also a private organization. If I were arrested in Vegas for punching someone, and a friend of mine shot someone, I could easily get fired from my job. Conduct away from work is usually private, but arrests and associating with people with poor reputations can harm one's standing in a job. The NFL is a job and a business. They have the right to employ, hire, fire, and dismiss whomever they like.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i can see the NFL's point. either because of putting himself in stupid situations or by hanging out with stupid people, pacman has made the NFL look stupid. any other employee in any other job would likely have been fired.
Quote:
That's not necessarily a fair point. While I agree that it is very suspect, the NFL is also a private organization. If I were arrested in Vegas for punching someone, and a friend of mine shot someone, I could easily get fired from my job. Conduct away from work is usually private, but arrests and associating with people with poor reputations can harm one's standing in a job. The NFL is a job and a business. They have the right to employ, hire, fire, and dismiss whomever they like.
Great minds think alike...

Old 04-10-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
completely irrelevant in this case, but cute try.
How is it irrelevant, he hasnt been convicted of ANYTHING, until then he is innocent...why should he be suspened the whole year for no reason

All-hail Bulluck
Old 04-10-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
How is it irrelevant, he hasnt been convicted of ANYTHING, until then he is innocent...why should he be suspened the whole year for no reason
See njx and my responses above.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Quote:
See njx and my responses above.
Thats does make sense but its still ********...this kills our team

All-hail Bulluck
Old 04-10-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
They can do whatever they want. Bottom line is Pacman makes the look bad. OJ Simpson was never found guilty either but he was canned from every advertisment deal he had and he'll never get work again in that capacity.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because the NFL is a private corporation, and any private corporation reserves the right to hire, fire, or suspend any employee for any reason. That's just how it is. Image is absolutely everything in today's world, and if a company feels like an employee has done something to tarnish their image, then they'll do what they feel is necessary. The NFL is no different.

I have no problem with the league implementing new conduct policies. It's their right to do it, and any player who signs an NFL contract knows that they have to abide by the by-laws that the league and their respective teams make. I just don't agree with the decision to go back and suspend Pacman and Henry, since the policy was put into affect after their alleged incidents.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO this was a good job by Goodell. njx and baza pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter. It's about time the NFL starts cracking down on this crap because it's got to stop.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote