Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:24 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vick now 5th in NFL in rush yards

Michael Vick now has 333 yards rushing this year in 4 games, which is good for 5th in the enire league. His pace of 83.4 ypg puts him on pace for 1,334 yards on the season. Will he rush for over 1000 yards this season? I think so, and I have always thought that this is the way that Atlanta should have been using him all along. He will never be an efficient passer who drops back and goes through his progressions. He can be a devastating weapon, though, if he is used to augment the running game and take 3-4 shots deep while limiting his mistakes in the passing game. I love how they are using him. So, will this continue, and if so, what is the ceiling for his production? 1300? 1500? Something to talk about.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should have been doing this all the time. The coaches were stubborn and wanted to mold him into the WCO offense. Not happening. Correct me if I am wrong Falcons fans, but basically don't you have two offenses now. One for Vick and more of a traditional WCO for when Schaub ever has to come in.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:31 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Vick will definitely run for over 1,000. He is killing it.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This isn't good for a quarterback to be doing this....I don't care what you say. Soon he will be so beat up he won't even be able to throw a ball w/out pain.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
This isn't good for a quarterback to be doing this....I don't care what you say. Soon he will be so beat up he won't even be able to throw a ball w/out pain.
He gets hit more often when he stays in the pocket. If he had an oline that could actually pass protect you might have a point, but that isn't the case. He is better off getting thrown out of bounds by a defensive back or linebacker than crushed by a dlineman in the pocket.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:37 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
sitting in the pocket sure worked wonders for david carr.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

They need to be careful. If Vick keeps this pace up, he is going to end up injured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
They should have been doing this all the time. The coaches were stubborn and wanted to mold him into the WCO offense. Not happening. Correct me if I am wrong Falcons fans, but basically don't you have two offenses now. One for Vick and more of a traditional WCO for when Schaub ever has to come in.
basically. we are starting to pass out of a shotgun more though. we need to use a bootleg/moving pocket offense for Vick. we have the line that is mobile enough to do it and Vick throws better on the run. as long as our WR's start to catch the ball better we could very well start having a spread option college type offense for Vick in which he can get around 200 passing and 50 or so rushing a game or if Schaub came in a pure WCO where he would throw it to White or Jenkins on a short route and they would bust off 10 YAC. we could also combine the 2 for Vick andhave a pretty diverse offense in which we would be able to confuse the living hell outof defenses. but Knapp isn;t smart enough to try that.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:51 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
They need to be careful. If Vick keeps this pace up, he is going to end up injured.
how? he has taken less hits this year than he EVER has. he is running out of bounds and diving instead of taking the hard hits he used to take n the run. He is playing smarter and his passing has fewer mistakes and his fumbles have decreased alot. he is improving as a leader of this team and while he may not get 3000 yards passing this year he may be the first QB to ever have 2500 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing at the pro level.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 10-02-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone on ESPN.com made the argument that assuming the Falcons make the playoffs they are going to have troubles. I'd have to agree. Defenses with speed I think will be able to contain Vick and with their inability to pass they might not be able to dig themselves out of a hole. Just a thought. They advanced to the NFC Championship game in 2004 but all they had to do was beat a lousy 8-8 Rams team and then were trounced by the Eagles.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Vick doesn't even get hit that much when he scrambles. I would much rather have him moving around than sitting in the pocket like a target. You rarely see Vick get crushed and when he does he's a pretty tough guy.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this year he may be the first QB to ever have 2500 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing at the pro level.

Though he would've done it in '04 had they not pulled him because they clinched a playoff bye.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Quote:
how? he has taken less hits this year than he EVER has. he is running out of bounds and diving instead of taking the hard hits he used to take n the run. He is playing smarter and his passing has fewer mistakes and his fumbles have decreased alot. he is improving as a leader of this team and while he may not get 3000 yards passing this year he may be the first QB to ever have 2500 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing at the pro level.
Alright....I'm just saying that he is going to take a serious hit sooner or later if he keeps running. But don't get me wrong, I love the way he is playing right now and I am glad tha they are making me look good by picking them to win the NFC. They just have to be careful that they don't start letting Vick loose to the point where he is running the ball in the middle of the field 10 times a game, which may happen as the season grows older.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

i agree i dont think he will ever transform into a west coast QB i think that was stupid to even try it with Mike Vick, he is the only QB in the league who can pull off scrambling all day long, no one else is even close.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Alright....I'm just saying that he is going to take a serious hit sooner or later if he keeps running. But don't get me wrong, I love the way he is playing right now and I am glad tha they are making me look good by picking them to win the NFC. They just have to be careful that they don't start letting Vick loose to the point where he is running the ball in the middle of the field 10 times a game, which may happen as the season grows older.
Whereas they could let him stand in the pocket and get sacked 5 or 6 times a game from his blindside? Vick is generally pretty intelligent when it comes to sliding and ducking out of bounds. Plus his evasiveness usually allows him to avoid the big hit.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:

last year the most serious 2 hits he took were in the pocket. one was when he sprained his knee the other knocked him out for 3-4 plays because ti knocked the wind out fo him. Vick is a damn good player but his running around and not getting hit in the pocket will help him. If only Knapp was smart enought to have Vick in a moving pocket or on bootlegs all the time the way Plummer does in Dever the Falcons would be a better passing team (not because Vick isn't a good passer, he just isn't a good stationary passer. on the run he si a beast.)

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 10-02-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
i agree i dont think he will ever transform into a west coast QB i think that was stupid to even try it with Mike Vick, he is the only QB in the league who can pull off scrambling all day long, no one else is even close.
well they coudl do the Denver WCO style with the boots and the moving pockets to go along with the spread option looks they give. it would make the offense pretty hard to stop and the run game would still be effective. they could also do a lot more PA with Vick and have him fake the stratch right and boot left on a pass/run option where he would throw deep to Lelie, intermediate to Jenkins, short to crump or just take off.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 10-02-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

last year the most serious 2 hits he took were in the pocket. one was when he sprained his knee the other knocked him out for 3-4 plays because ti knocked the wind out fo him. Vick is a damn good player but his running around and not getting hit in the pocket will help him. If only Knapp was smart enought to have Vick in a moving pocket or on bootlegs all the time the way Plummer does in Dever the Falcons would be a better passing team (not because Vick isn't a good passer, he just isn't a good stationary passer. on the run he si a beast.)
Well he did break his leg on a scramble but that is besides the point. The moving pocket also helps his vision. I think that has more to do with it more than him running. He is tiny. Falcons generally have shorter OL if I can recall but getting him in open vision just helps him see the field.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:03 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Well he did break his leg on a scramble but that is besides the point. The moving pocket also helps his vision. I think that has more to do with it more than him running. He is tiny. Falcons generally have shorter OL if I can recall but getting him in open vision just helps him see the field.
that it does but our tallest starting OL is Todd Wiener our RT. he is 6'5" our LG and LT are both 6'4" and our RG and C are 6'3" a lot shorter than the normal line.,

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 10-02-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

What's the single season rushing record for a quarterback? Does Vick have it?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Vick doesn't have it. I know Cunningham ran for more than Vick's best when he ran for 942.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Vick doesn't have it. I know Cunningham ran for more than Vick's best when he ran for 942.
That's what I thought. I know Vick has the single game record, but I didn't think he had the season. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The record is held by a no-name white guy from the mid 70's. I can't remember his name right now, but he had about 970 yards or so, just a little bit better than Randall and Vick, who each had in the 930-945 range in their best seasons. No QB has ever rushed for over 1,000 yards in season.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will get hurt before he gets 1000.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
He will get hurt before he gets 1000.