Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:35 AM    (permalink

Who will win it ?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:38 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think the ravens d will show up big, and eliminate the colts something like 24-10

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:07 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ravens. Defense is too good and will be frustrating Manning all game. Steve McNair has the experience to go all the way, I take Baltimore.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:09 AM    (permalink

This is going to be a very good game. If the Ravens switch up their defense a lot, which is going to confuse the O-line and Peyton a lot. I expect Freeney to get a lot of pressure on McNair because he has done very well against Ogden in the past. I don't think the D will be as good this week and Jamal Lewis will get about 100 yards give or take. It will really come down to what kind of protection Peyton gets and if he is able to make good decisions under the pressure from the great Ravens' defense. I say Colts 24 Ravens 21
Old 01-08-2007, 06:24 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
This is going to be a very good game. If the Ravens switch up their defense a lot, which is going to confuse the O-line and Peyton a lot. I expect Freeney to get a lot of pressure on McNair because he has done very well against Ogden in the past. I don't think the D will be as good this week and Jamal Lewis will get about 100 yards give or take. It will really come down to what kind of protection Peyton gets and if he is able to make good decisions under the pressure from the great Ravens' defense. I say Colts 24 Ravens 21
Bingo. That's the key to the entire game.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My early vibe on the game is a Colts win 24-3, I dont think we'll be able to pressure Manning, and he will wear our D down. I pray Im wrong but I fear Im not.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

As a Colts fan last year I made the trip to Baltimore for the Sunday night opener. Im hoping this game goes the same way that one went.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking the Colts. I think Manning will be able to beat the Ravens secondary and I think they'll be able to hold off the Ravens blitzes. The Colts defense stepped up big this week and I expect their speed on defense to hurt the Ravens, esspcially the matchup of Freeney on Ogden.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have to go with the Ravens, but yeah I agree with what some other people said earlier, it will all depend on how good Manning gets protected. I think the Ravens are going to rattle him, and make him make some bad decisions, therefore I will take the Ravens in this one.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have to go with the ravens. Depending on the weather will also tell how the game will go. If it is rainy or even snowy, the colts have no chance. I also think it will depend on how the colts can stop lewis at running the ball.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

The Ravens are amazing on defense, and have an underrated offense that has pretty much gotten better each week since Billick took over.

I'm going to go with the Ravens.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Indy.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that the Colts won big last week with Peyton having an average game at best is scary. If Indy's defense plays like that this game is already over.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Ravens are gonna control the game 17-10 Ravens.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it in the team discussion and i'll say it here: Ravens Pride!

Indy will not be able to run the ball and that was the reason they were able to put together drives against the Chiefs. The Ravens' pass rush will get to Manning more effectively then the Chiefs which will lead to turnovers and that will be the down fall of the Dolts! McNair will have time to pass and lead the offense down the field. The Ravens' offensive line only let up 16 sacks all year, but what now all of a sudden because of Dwight Freeney they won't be able to pass protect? Freeney will not be a factor, much like he wasn't all year. With the Ravens' driving on offense that Dolt defense will crack and crumble and all of a sudden Bob Sanders' knee injury will flare up magically.

Welcome back to Baltimore Colts, now GET THE F**K OUT CAUSE YOU AIN'T WELCOME IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens in a blowout 31-3!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball
Ravens. Defense is too good and will be frustrating Manning all game. Steve McNair has the experience to go all the way, I take Baltimore.
agreed

The Number 1 Defense - that scores
has better offense than their super bowl year

P.manning if he throws 3 int again will not win like their last game - B-more will at least take one to the house

Ray lewis , ED reed
it going to be a tough game
Old 01-08-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
JCshutEmDown
Rookie

JCshutEmDown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ravens win if Jamal Lewis stops dancing behind the LOS.
JCshutEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Defense over Offense. We already proved that in 2000.

No one picked us that year.
go_ravens94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ravens94
Defense over Offense. We already proved that in 2000.

No one picked us that year.
did you seriously just imply that no one is picking you this year in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Ravens, defense is way too good and the Colts are a different team outside the dome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Playoff Peyton vs. the Baltimore defense? No contest. The Colts will be lucky if they score more than 10 points. Playoff Peyton won't win with 3 int's this time around.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Bingo. That's the key to the entire game.
Pressure is the key to every game, that's why the offensive line of a team is so important.
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bmore easy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Ravens. The more physical team almost always wins in the playoffs, not only do the Ravens have a great defense but they will beat your ass-offensively and defensively. They have that intimidating element on both sides of the ball. If I were a player they'd be probably the only team I'd be scared to play.

*Disclaimer* But I'm not a player so I'd be scared to play any NFL football team. (This eliminates the chance for somebody to say "You know you'd be scared to play any NFL Team.")

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i see the colts winning comforably to be honest. idk peyton has usually had the ravens number. like another poster said freeney always seems to have a huge game against ogden because he isnt the most agile tackle in the world. yes i may get criticized but thats how i see it. i dont think peyton manning has that poor of a game again.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote