Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-16-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Trolfes
Rookie

Trolfes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Mel Kiper Podcast

Both Kiper and McShay both say that its between Chris Long and Glen Dorsey and both pick Dorsey as the rams pick. They then said that Carriker might be moved back outside but it all depends on 'where he best fits'. They say we need to protect our two best defensive players, Witherspoon and Pino Tino. They cite Glen Dorsey as being the heart of a defense with his personality and leadership

edit: Kiper has chris long falling past the raiders but Mcshay has the raiders taking him Kiper does not think that Chris Long fits in a 3-4

NCAA- FSU

Tulane football will be bowling next year

Last edited by Trolfes : 04-16-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Trolfes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolfes View Post
Both Kiper and McShay both say that its between Chris Long and Glen Dorsey and both pick Dorsey as the rams pick. They then said that Carriker might be moved back outside but it all depends on 'where he best fits'. They say we need to protect our two best defensive players, Witherspoon and Pino Tino. They cite Glen Dorsey as being the heart of a defense with his personality and leadership

edit: Kiper has chris long falling past the raiders but Mcshay has the raiders taking him Kiper does not think that Chris Long fits in a 3-4
I would definitely question how much they watched the Rams if they think Pisa is one of our two best defensive players. Besides Witherspoon, I think Atogwe, Carriker, Hill, Brown, and probably Little are better. People need to realize that Pisa is just an average to very slightly above average starting LB. I don't dislike him, but he is what he is. I guarantee if his name was Ron Johnson or something mundain, there would not be this inexplicable love affair with him.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Trolfes
Rookie

Although I didn't get to see many of the rams games, I know that Pisa is not one of our best defensive players. I think he is a solid plus linebacker at best. But after Atogwe's year, I don't know how he wasn't included in that conversation. Either way, we agree that the Dline needs to be addressed, and they think that glen dorsey solves our problems while i think it just creates a logjam at DT. Carriker looked good enough to stay there from what I saw, so why should we make him move now when we can take a DE with our pick

NCAA- FSU

Old 04-16-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Although I didn't get to see many of the rams games, I know that Pisa is not one of our best defensive players. I think he is a solid plus linebacker at best. But after Atogwe's year, I don't know how he wasn't included in that conversation. Either way, we agree that the Dline needs to be addressed, and they think that glen dorsey solves our problems while i think it just creates a logjam at DT. Carriker looked good enough to stay there from what I saw, so why should we make him move now when we can take a DE with our pick
I agree, unless they just absolutely love Dorsey and see HOF written all over him, it doesn't make sense to take a DT. It especially doesn't make sense when another top prospect at a position of immense need is available (if Chris Long is still there).

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pino Tino
Two things here...

1) Calling Pisa Tinoisamoa one of our two best defensive players makes me wonder if Kiper and McShay have traveled back in time 3-4 years. If that's their opinion, then the rest of their opinion should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

2) Pino Tino? Really? I can understand Tino, but where does Pino come from?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Trolfes
Rookie

Pino Tino makes him sound like a drink that is a womanly as he plays. In all honesty I really just mess up the Pino all the time, thinking his name is Pino Tisasamoa. So saying pino tino covers all the bases of me not remembering his full name. Too long of an explanation when I should have just said my bad

NCAA- FSU