Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-12-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default APS's Dream Ravens Mock!

APS's Dream Ravens Mock!

1st Round- Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College- Well, it isnt so much that I want this pick, but its the one we are most likely to end up with, and ive given up fighting it. It seems Ryan is destined to become a raven, and if thats teh case, ive sdecided to work on liking him now. he does have alot of positivies, and hopefully cam cameron can work on those INTs and turn him into a successful NFL QB. I dislike it now, but Ryan oculd be exactly wat this team needs to get its offense turned around.

2nd Round- Brandon Flowers, CB, VT- YES! now this is a pick that i love. Its entirely possible that flowers is gone by this point, but I couldnt bring myself to give us my boy groves, cause i just know he wotn fall to here. And besides, flowers is my favourite CB in this draft. I could care less about a 4.5 40, hes extremely physical and would fit great into our system. Reminds me of antoine winfield. Hes an animal, and i would love ot see him in a ravens uni. Alternate choices at CB here could be cason or justin king. (im also very high on king, and would love him in a ravens uni as well)

3rd Round- Steve Slaton, RB, WVU- I wanted to give us jamaal charles here, but its very unlikely hes available with the last pick in the 3rd round. However slaton will be and i think its a solid pick. he had an off year this year, but no one can deny at the beginning of the year he was a fringe first rounder with tons of potential. He oculd be a nice change of pace/3rd down bacak for us, and even spend some time in the slot. Hed be a matchup nightmare and another weapon for the future.

4th round- Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU- Another former 1st rounder who has slid big time, blake has been pegged as a raven for months now. Whether it was in the 1st round, or the 7th, there is something about his style of play that just screams raven. Like it or not, someone is going to take a chance on this kid, and id rather it be us then someone like Pitt and have to play ihm twice a year. I think hes going to turn out to be a terror, and lining him upon the outside with t-sizzle would give us a good young future at OLB.

5th round- Jared Gaither Supplemental

6th round- Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin- Some people will hate me for this pick, however i think its perfect. I wanted him in the 1st back at the beginning of the year, and i think he will be one of the best CBs in this draft, even after his knee injury. Yes, there are concerns. But ive watched alot of him at wisconsin, and he is one of the best man 2 man corners in this draft. I gave us a CB in the 2nd, but after wthcing our secondary get torhced all year long, id have no problem with us taking 2 young guys in one draft, especially these two.

7th round- Fill in your own here, i couldnt find any 7th round prospects i liked enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i like it, but i dont think Ike will be there i think he will be gone by the end of the 5th

Matt Forte, Kevin Smith, Ray Rice, Tashard Choice if they are there ill take them over Slaton

Last edited by The Legend : 04-12-2008 at 11:00 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

we have a couple of comp. picks too.
i like brandon flowers a lot so that pick interests me..
dont think we need a Q in the 1st cuz i got love for troy smith.
my draft is..

1st - Leodis McKelvin corner - will start nickel for us and eventually be our feature corner. could also be a nice kick returner..

2nd - Sam Baker, tackle - if odgen retires, were stuck with terry, gaither, and yanda. Baker would add depth at worst and fight for a starting job at best.

3rd - Josh Johnson, quarterback - you know it already. if things don't work out with troy smith this year, hopefully johnson will be ready to take over in 09.

4th - Ahtyba Rubin, d-tackle - real solid dude. can be a great run stuffer. backup.

4th - Chris Harrington, d-end - trevor pryce is gettin old, and i love this guys motor.

6th - Adrian Arrington, receiver - big guy with great talent. would be right in the mix with our receivers.

6th - Bruce Davis, outside linebacker - bye bye jarret johnson. we all know j j isnt no adalius thomas but drafting bruce davis could make the ravens more dangerous in the future.

7th - Danny Woodhead, runningback - !!!. supercrazy productive college career also unbelievably fast. would need to take some time to get used to the nfl, but you just cant deny his stats.

7th - Robert Felton, center/guard - versatile guy who could help out at center. (flynns gone). but could also help out at guard if injuries occur.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that Tommy Blake would be an ideal pick for us, but I really don't see him as a mid-round pick. He'll probably be a 6th or 7th Round pick.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I am liking the Slaton pick, I think he is not getting the love he deserves here.. I am not high on Picking a QB in the 1st 3 rds this year... I wouldnt be opposed to getting Andre Woodson in the 4th if he is there. Gives a prototype for Cam to build on and work with while the maturation of Troy Smith continues this year...

I really like the idea of getting Flowers though I think we can get him early in the 3rd. He reminds me of the guy out of Syracuse last year that dropped because of his 40 time someone help me with his name ??

I think 2nd rd we need to go after DLine if we don't address that @ #8 with Sedrick Ellis or maybe even go after a guy like Dan Connor at ILB in rd 2 ? We need to think Depth with this draft because we have arguably the best starting Team in the league on paper and when healthy...its just the depth and role players behind them that we have lost to FA the last few years...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are you talking about Tanard Jackson?
+ I really doubt that Brandon Flowers falls to the third round and even if he does, our pick is the last in the round. If we want him, we have to take him in Round 2.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sorry but thats a nightmare mock!

Matt Ryan is one of the worst QB prospects I've seen in quite some time, I'd rather sign Byron Leftwich then draft Matt Ryan. And Flowers is an ok prospect but there are quite a few CBs I'd rather have over him. Steve Slaton is so beyond overrated, he'll have trouble even making a pro squad. Tommy Blake would be good value in rd 4 and we have gotten good value in that round the past couple years (Demetrius Williams, Le'Ron McClain, and Antwaan Barnes). I like the player, but I dont like the pick after also acquiring another CB, we have too many needs to double up on one position rather see a WR, S, or C there.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Are you talking about Tanard Jackson?
+ I really doubt that Brandon Flowers falls to the third round and even if he does, our pick is the last in the round. If we want him, we have to take him in Round 2.
THANK YOU ! I had a brain fart for a second and couldnt think of his name.. he played really well this past season after getting knocked for his speed.. but his game speed was great and he reads were just as good for a rookie.. I could see Flowers being just like that and don't be suprised to see Flowers drop because of his timed speed.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Im sorry but thats a nightmare mock!

Matt Ryan is one of the worst QB prospects I've seen in quite some time, I'd rather sign Byron Leftwich then draft Matt Ryan. And Flowers is an ok prospect but there are quite a few CBs I'd rather have over him. Steve Slaton is so beyond overrated, he'll have trouble even making a pro squad. Tommy Blake would be good value in rd 4 and we have gotten good value in that round the past couple years (Demetrius Williams, Le'Ron McClain, and Antwaan Barnes). I like the player, but I dont like the pick after also acquiring another CB, we have too many needs to double up on one position rather see a WR, S, or C there.
Can't agree more, QB is not what we need to go after in Rd 1 Ryan is going to be a bust...
Old 04-14-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
APS's Dream Ravens Mock!

1st Round- Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College- Well, it isnt so much that I want this pick, but its the one we are most likely to end up with, and ive given up fighting it. It seems Ryan is destined to become a raven, and if thats teh case, ive sdecided to work on liking him now. he does have alot of positivies, and hopefully cam cameron can work on those INTs and turn him into a successful NFL QB. I dislike it now, but Ryan oculd be exactly wat this team needs to get its offense turned around.

2nd Round- Brandon Flowers, CB, VT- YES! now this is a pick that i love. Its entirely possible that flowers is gone by this point, but I couldnt bring myself to give us my boy groves, cause i just know he wotn fall to here. And besides, flowers is my favourite CB in this draft. I could care less about a 4.5 40, hes extremely physical and would fit great into our system. Reminds me of antoine winfield. Hes an animal, and i would love ot see him in a ravens uni. Alternate choices at CB here could be cason or justin king. (im also very high on king, and would love him in a ravens uni as well)

3rd Round- Steve Slaton, RB, WVU- I wanted to give us jamaal charles here, but its very unlikely hes available with the last pick in the 3rd round. However slaton will be and i think its a solid pick. he had an off year this year, but no one can deny at the beginning of the year he was a fringe first rounder with tons of potential. He oculd be a nice change of pace/3rd down bacak for us, and even spend some time in the slot. Hed be a matchup nightmare and another weapon for the future.

4th round- Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU- Another former 1st rounder who has slid big time, blake has been pegged as a raven for months now. Whether it was in the 1st round, or the 7th, there is something about his style of play that just screams raven. Like it or not, someone is going to take a chance on this kid, and id rather it be us then someone like Pitt and have to play ihm twice a year. I think hes going to turn out to be a terror, and lining him upon the outside with t-sizzle would give us a good young future at OLB.

5th round- Jared Gaither Supplemental

6th round- Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin- Some people will hate me for this pick, however i think its perfect. I wanted him in the 1st back at the beginning of the year, and i think he will be one of the best CBs in this draft, even after his knee injury. Yes, there are concerns. But ive watched alot of him at wisconsin, and he is one of the best man 2 man corners in this draft. I gave us a CB in the 2nd, but after wthcing our secondary get torhced all year long, id have no problem with us taking 2 young guys in one draft, especially these two.

7th round- Fill in your own here, i couldnt find any 7th round prospects i liked enough
I'd love Ryan at #8. He is without a doubt the best QB in this draft. He has a big arm, good accuracy, and the smarts to be a good NFL QB. He'll probably be on the level of guys like Bulger and Hasselbeck when all is said and done.

Brandon Flowers to me has everything you look for in an NFL CB. He's very physical and knows how to make plays. The only thing holding him back is his speed. He's probably better suited for a cover 2 team like Tampa Bay though. I doubt he'll be there when we pick in round 2.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:58 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan is a turnover machine! We don't need anymore turnover machine QBs, Troy Smith is the way to go.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-14-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Matt Ryan is a turnover machine! We don't need anymore turnover machine QBs, Troy Smith is the way to go.
Troy Smith has a long way to go before he's even considered a starting QB. He's a project they may never pan out.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troj2man View Post
Troy Smith has a long way to go before he's even considered a starting QB. He's a project they may never pan out.
i do like troy as a #2 qb at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
i do like troy as a #2 qb at least.
I like Troy Smith as a backup also. IMO with Ryan and Smith as our QB's we are set for the next 10 years at that position.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Matt Ryan makes our QB situation worse than it has ever been.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-15-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hope we dont get Matt Ryan he is garbage at the 8th pick, he would be a late 1st at best in the last to drafts, he is so over rated it is sickening.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

Quote:
a long way to go? he played last season as a rookie, so he got some experience. If things go like I think they will, McNair will be done after this year, and Smith will start half of the season. Hes got a good arm, hes smart, and hes a threat to run. I dont get why people hate this guy. Matt Ryan will do us no good and will be a wasted pick, as will any other QB in the 1st 2 rounds. Give Troy Smith a deep threat and a solid pounding running game and he'll get his.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 04-15-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
a long way to go? he played last season as a rookie, so he got some experience. If things go like I think they will, McNair will be done after this year, and Smith will start half of the season. Hes got a good arm, hes smart, and hes a threat to run. I dont get why people hate this guy. Matt Ryan will do us no good and will be a wasted pick, as will any other QB in the 1st 2 rounds. Give Troy Smith a deep threat and a solid pounding running game and he'll get his.
I just think Smith has a lot more to prove before he's even considered a starting QB in the NFL. No hate here at all. I'm not ready to declare the guy a legit starting QB after 3 games in which he looked average at best in. If you can get the best QB in the draft you have to do it. This team is still looking for a starter and will continue to do so until they find one. There is no way the Ravens wold pass on Ryan if he's there at #8. Chances are he's not going to be there though.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

But what makes Ryan so much better than Troy Smith ?? Because he is taller and rated as the TOP QB in one of the weakest QB Classes ever to come out ? Way to go Matt Ryan your the smart kid in the dumb class ?!
Troy won the Effing Heisman and lead his Team to the National Title Game... he is a highly UNDERRATED QB IMO....
Old 04-15-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who is taller:Ryan
who has the stronger arm:Smith
who is more mobile:Smith
who won't set the franchise back 3-5 years if they bust:Smith
who had more success in college:Smith
who has more leadership skills:Ryan (but Smith can be a leader IMO)
who makes smarter decisons with the football:Smith

I say keep Smith.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
But what makes Ryan so much better than Troy Smith ?? Because he is taller and rated as the TOP QB in one of the weakest QB Classes ever to come out ? Way to go Matt Ryan your the smart kid in the dumb class ?!
Troy won the Effing Heisman and lead his Team to the National Title Game... he is a highly UNDERRATED QB IMO....
The heisman means nothing in the NFL. Look at Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, Andre Ware, and Steve Spurrier. They all were QB's that won the heisman and failed in the NFL.

Honestly I hope Troy Smith turns out to be a legit NFL QB. I have nothing against the guy. The truth is that Smith is an unknown like every QB that's drafted. I just think that you have to explore all options until you find that franchise QB. I'm only using Matt Ryan as an example because the Ravens have him rated very highly.

Quote:
I say keep Smith.
Of course you keep Smith. I'm just saying that you don't put all your eggs in the Troy Smith basket.

Last edited by Troj2man : 04-15-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Troj2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

Quote:
Of course you keep Smith. I'm just saying that you don't put all your eggs in the Troy Smith basket.
we can play fair by drafting either josh johnson or colt brennan in the later rounds.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like smith but he still is a player that was picked at the end of the 5th. i really hope he does develop and start.

ryan is a good qb in a weak class and i think he is overrated. however he would still get drafted over smith every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
i like smith but he still is a player that was picked at the end of the 5th. i really hope he does develop and start.

ryan is a good qb in a weak class and i think he is overrated. however he would still get drafted over smith every time.
I don't know about that... he fits that Prototype QB and all but he is just overrated in my opinion... if Troy came out this year instead of last he would have been drafted higher, he would never have been drafted high because of his height but he is most defintely a better QB...

Plus if we draft Ryan are we going to carry 4 QB's ???? We arent cutting Boller or McNair we will eat up so much cap room it would be nuts !!!