Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which is better??
Big Ben 79 84.95%
Marc Bulger 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson even struggled down the stretch with superb Offense Around him...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson looks like an osterich...Eli wins!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Andreson better than Eli? I'm one of Eli's biggest critics... but come on, the Giants just won a superbowl. What's Anderson done?
Anderson's more accurate, threw more TDs, fewer INTs, despite throwing a comperable number of passes. Anderson's got one of, if not the, strongest arms in the league, and he has a much quicker release.

The Giants might have won a super bowl, but that was as a team. Manning has a comperable offense around him, and a much better defense.

On topic, I took Roethlisberger over Bulger.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just tell your friend...

SHAAAKE AND BAAAAKE!!!

I voted Big Ben by the way.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Just tell your friend...

SHAAAKE AND BAAAAKE!!!
THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Yeah, I would like to hear an explanation about that one as well.
Basically I just decided to throw his name up there because I didn't feel like researching this. They are both in the same range of QB's IMO. I know Eli won the Superbowl, but as far as picking between Anderson or Eli to build a team around, I would still pick Anderson. Manning still hasn't been a statistical success, in fact he has been below average stastically. Highest career rating, 77.0. Career rating 73.4. Highest career completion percentage, 57.7. Career completion percentage, 53.4. Do those sound like the numbers of a definite top 10 QB. If you say yes then you are delusional. Football is a team game, the Giants won the Superbowl. Manning still hasn't proven he is a top QB, and if you think he has then your qualifications are quite low. If winning a Superbowl make you a top QB then so is Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon, and others I am surely forgetting. If career numbers are your qualifications then you should consider raising your standards. Anderson had a much better season stastically than Manning has ever had, and that would seem to lead one to believe his potential may be higher. All that being said, thank you Eli for helping to beat the Patriots. I have been spared hearing about the 2007 Patriots for the rest of my life.

Note: I only saw 1 or 2 Browns games last year, so my assessment of Anderson almost soley based on stats. I know his stats may have been supported by the cast, but his stats are still better than any Eli has ever had.

Also, I forgot Kurt Warner, who I would put above both Anderson and Manning. That is based on how good they are right now.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Last edited by nfrillman : 04-17-2008 at 06:18 PM.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Derek Anderson is one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the league. Anderson is very inaccurate. Despite having a respectable TD/INT ratio his completion percentage is very average. I think it's like 54% or 52%. Derek got a lot of help with big plays and an existant running game. If you look at the highlights of a lot of his touchdowns, it's a lot of Braylon, Kellen and sometimes Jurevicius making great catches.

In the ProBowl (yes I know it's the ProBowl so it's not worth a lot) Peyton Manning went out in the first quarter and did well and Big Ben did pretty well. I think the AFC scored 3 points under Derek Anderson and he had the whole second half. He looked horrible and played with pretty much the same team as Ben and Peyton.

Oh and I think they should have a motorcycle race when the Browns play the Steelers between Kellen Winslow and Ben Roethlisberger.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Troy Smith is better then both, combined.
But I'll take Big Ben, he's led a team to the Super Bowl.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I believe Derek Anderson is one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the league. Anderson is very inaccurate. Despite having a respectable TD/INT ratio his completion percentage is very average. I think it's like 54% or 52%. Derek got a lot of help with big plays and an existant running game. If you look at the highlights of a lot of his touchdowns, it's a lot of Braylon, Kellen and sometimes Jurevicius making great catches.

In the ProBowl (yes I know it's the ProBowl so it's not worth a lot) Peyton Manning went out in the first quarter and did well and Big Ben did pretty well. I think the AFC scored 3 points under Derek Anderson and he had the whole second half. He looked horrible and played with pretty much the same team as Ben and Peyton.

Oh and I think they should have a motorcycle race when the Browns play the Steelers between Kellen Winslow and Ben Roethlisberger.
I understand what you're saying....he doesn't really have the talent or ability and he is supported by his teammates. I saw several Cleveland games last year and I saw it as "the glass is half-full": Anderson is a smart QB who knows he has big talented playmakers and he's able to throw the ball up for them to give them a chance to make plays. His throws are high-risk and low-percentage but it worked from what I saw. He's not the most accurate but he gets it where the receivers can make a play on it. Quinn is probably a better QB for any other team but in Cleveland I think you would see a more vanilla passing offense with a lower 3rd-down success rate if Quinn was the QB. Just my thoughts...

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I understand what you're saying....he doesn't really have the talent or ability and he is supported by his teammates. I saw several Cleveland games last year and I saw it as "the glass is half-full": Anderson is a smart QB who knows he has big talented playmakers and he's able to throw the ball up for them to give them a chance to make plays. His throws are high-risk and low-percentage but it worked from what I saw. He's not the most accurate but he gets it where the receivers can make a play on it. Quinn is probably a better QB for any other team but in Cleveland I think you would see a more vanilla passing offense with a lower 3rd-down success rate if Quinn was the QB. Just my thoughts...
I would think that Quinn would be the opposite. Maybe they would be more vanilla but they would be more consistant. Quinn is more of the high-percentage low-risk stuff. He seems to check down to the swing a lot (from what I saw in his Cleveland Brown debut where the defense was all prevent). Anderson seems to be the big play and going for the TD every down and Quinn seems like the kind of guy that can get those 10 yards when they need it. I'd take less excitement and 1 more win any day.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the "so-and-so has a superbowl ring" argument when comparing two players. Rings are a product of a good team. Hell, even stats can be a product of a good team - just usually to a lesser extent. If it was Anderson's fault he didn't have a ring, then argue it. But its hard to place blame on a QB who had a defense that was so terrible ><

(note: I don't think Anderson is better than Eli, I just hate the argument ;) )
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Ben would win hands down. He was on a Hayabusa and wasn't Winslow on a hog?? Hayabusa's smoke Corvette's and Vipers. No way Winslow keeps up. :) I'm just saying.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Ben would win hands down. He was on a Hayabusa and wasn't Winslow on a hog?? Hayabusa's smoke Corvette's and Vipers. No way Winslow keeps up. :) I'm just saying.
Who would win in motorcycle jousting? Kellen Winslow.

And all of this of course would have to be with no cars within a mile.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Big Ben.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

big ben is the younger better player
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Anderson even struggled down the stretch with superb Offense Around him...
He struggled just about any time the Browns played a decently ranked D.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote