Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
I love playing the Saints in Chicago in the middle of winter.=)
Go screw yourself. kthxbye

:(
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints' schedule:

1 Sept. 7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
2 Sept. 14 at Washington Redskins 1 p.m.
3 Sept. 21 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m.
4 Sept. 28 San Francisco 49ers 1 p.m.
5 Oct. 6 (Mon.) Minnesota Vikings 8:30 p.m.
6 Oct. 12 Oakland Raiders 1 p.m.
7 Oct. 19 at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.
8 Oct. 26 San Diego Chargers (in London) 1 p.m.
9 Nov. 2 Bye
10 Nov. 9 at Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 16 at Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m.
12 Nov. 24 (Mon.) Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m.
13 Nov. 30 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
14 Dec. 7 Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 11 (Thurs.) at Chicago Bears 8:15 p.m.
16 Dec. 21 at Detroit Lions 1 p.m.
17 Dec. 28 Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.

... I don't know how I feel about it yet. 3 Primetime games, though, so yay.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three primetime games is nice. If we do well, maybe we can get one or two on sunday night also? :)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 Primetime Games for the Browns. Not bad considering we didn't make the playoffs last year

Sunday Night vs. PIttsburgh
Monday Night @ Buffalo
Monday Night @Philly
Thursday Night vs. Denver
Monday Night vs. NY Giants
Old 04-15-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not in love with the Giants schedule. i think we're gonna have a tough road ahead of us.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
im not in love with the Giants schedule. i think we're gonna have a tough road ahead of us.
I like it. Starting on a Thursday gives us extra time to prepare for the next game without a true short week ahead of it. Having two dome games as away games in Decemeber is good for us. Also Arizona in late November should be good conditions. I also like ending the season with two no division teams, although we have all three in a row before that. And for once it will be nice to have Seattle at home and not have to go all the way there. The only complaint I would have is our bye is too early, but whatever. At least we have a tough opponent after they bye we can prepare for. I'd be even more pissed if we had San Francisco after the bye.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I like it. Starting on a Thursday gives us extra time to prepare for the next game without a true short week ahead of it. Having two dome games as away games in Decemeber is good for us. Also Arizona in late November should be good conditions. I also like ending the season with two no division teams, although we have all three in a row before that. And for once it will be nice to have Seattle at home and not have to go all the way there. The only complaint I would have is our bye is too early, but whatever. At least we have a tough opponent after they bye we can prepare for. I'd be even more pissed if we had San Francisco after the bye.
i just don't like having to play the AFC North, which is a tough division, and I think the NFC West will be better this year too. Theres really no "lock" games on our schedule outside of SF.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i just don't like having to play the AFC North, which is a tough division, and I think the NFC West will be better this year too. Theres really no "lock" games on our schedule outside of SF.
Well we've known we are playing the AFC North for months now. As far as the way the schedule fell, I like.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well we've known we are playing the AFC North for months now. As far as the way the schedule fell, I like.
Years actually.

The only thing that I really don't like about the Packers schedule is that the Cowboys game is in September.

EDIT: It's pretty cool how we have the first preseason Monday night game, first regular season Monday night game, and the final Monday night game.

Last edited by GB12 : 04-15-2008 at 06:09 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Years actually.

The only thing that I really don't like about the Packers schedule is that the Cowboys game is in September.
And it goes to the Milwaukee ticket holders

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
And it goes to the Milwaukee ticket holders
So? I hate when people complain about who gets what games. I mean first of all those who are lucky to have season tickets should just be thankful they have them and not on a 50 year waiting list. And those who don't have them it should mean a damn thing. Also add to that Green Bay gets 6 of the 8 games I don't see where they get the nerve to complain.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
So? I hate when people complain about who gets what games. I mean first of all those who are lucky to have season tickets should just be thankful they have them and not on a 50 year waiting list. And those who don't have them it should mean a damn thing. Also add to that Green Bay gets 6 of the 8 games I don't see where they get the nerve to complain.
So you are telling me that if you had season tickets you would not be disappointed that you do not get to see the Dallas game. It's not complaining, it's really more disappointment because it is such a big game.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay! No national games!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers have 5 Prime-time games this year WOAH!

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not so bad, here in the AFC North we have to play your NFC East which might be a better division than ours (maybe, tbd)...and we also have to play the AFC South and their 3 playoff teams from last year, and all 4 of them finished .500 or better.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
That's not so bad, here in the AFC North we have to play your NFC East which might be a better division than ours (maybe, tbd)...and we also have to play the AFC South and their 3 playoff teams from last year, and all 4 of them finished .500 or better.
agreed the worst teams on our schedule are the Bengals and the Ravens. everyone else on our schedule last year finished atleast 8-8. THAT is ridiculous.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes.. the AFC north plays what I would call the two hardest divisions for overall teams. I'm excited about the level competition the bengals will be forced to compete against though. My only disappointment is that bengals only get 1 prime time schedule - however, with the new flexible schedule I'm not too worried. We play a lot of good teams at the end of the season which could change our times to primetime
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

The only good thing out of the Browns playing the tough schedule this season is that the Steelers' schedule is even harder. So the AFC North probably will be a little down in terms of wins with the top two teams probably winning 10 or 11 games again instead of 12 or 13 since the games are so tough. One thing that intrigues me is how in week 17 they put Pittsburgh and Cleveland together so that means the last game of the year could determine the division winner.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only good thing out of the Browns playing the tough schedule this season is that the Steelers' schedule is even harder. So the AFC North probably will be a little down in terms of wins with the top two teams probably winning 10 or 11 games again instead of 12 or 13 since the games are so tough. One thing that intrigues me is how in week 17 they put Pittsburgh and Cleveland together so that means the last game of the year could determine the division winner.
Yes, I definetly agree with the low winning %age across the division. However, I think every team in the AFC North has a chance to win it. Browns / Steelers were the best last year, but I don't expect the bengals and ravens to be as disappointing as they were last year
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I'm glad the Broncos don't have a ton of national games. I hate national games. Have to wait longer for them to start, and can't switch and watch other games during breaks.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Yes, I definetly agree with the low winning %age across the division. However, I think every team in the AFC North has a chance to win it. Browns / Steelers were the best last year, but I don't expect the bengals and ravens to be as disappointing as they were last year
Ravens defense is one year older and Ogden is gone on offense as well as the Ravens losing a big deep threat in Henry (Yes I know he was hardly ever there) possibly not getting Thurman back, as well as the fact that Ocho Cinco is causing trouble.

It will be between Pit/Cle
Old 04-16-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Ravens defense is one year older and Ogden is gone on offense as well as the Ravens losing a big deep threat in Henry (Yes I know he was hardly ever there) possibly not getting Thurman back, as well as the fact that Ocho Cinco is causing trouble.

It will be between Pit/Cle
I wouldn't count out Cinci. Any time a team has a QB like Cinci does, they can win their fair share of games. In my opinion Cinci is just as likely to have a much better season than last as Cleveland is to repeat what they did last year. Anderson still has to show the world he wasn't a one year fluke.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns of last year remind me of the Bengals of 2005 somewhat, as Cleveland has the best offensive line in the league imo and I don't think one of those guys missed a game in 2007. Cincy's line stayed healthy for every game in 2005, and the offense was as we remembered it, but the next two years they incurred injuries and the offense suffered. And that was with a much better quarterback in Carson Palmer, I'm still not sold on Anderson as I said all of last season, I think the great talent in the OL and skill position players are the key in Cleveland and make Anderson look better than he really is.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

schedule is out and its lookin ok for the packers
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote