Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan54
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBOY
Personally I don't think it matters how old you are. If you love the game and can still play, why not play? The NFL has enough bad qb's like vick, frye, and so on. It's good for the game to have a big name qb who still can play better than most today.
just because you can, doesnt mean you should. He has a family, and he has been in the NFL a long time. I think he should retire, not only for himself, but for the organization to move on as well
He still has a passion for the game and I've heard him say before play while you still can. He has the rest of his life for family stuff. TT and MM already said they want favre back because they belive with the right moves in FA and in the draft, the packers could be a playoff contender. I think he's back for one final year.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To say that the Packers "definately should be a playoff team next year" is absurd. They were 8-8 this year playing the AFC East and NFC West, you don't think it's going to be a whole hell of a lot harder to repeat that against the NFC East and the AFC West? Come on. I think it's entirely possible that every team dips in the North (except for the Lions, they can't get any worse), including the Bears.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I,AM,FN,TIRED,OF,BRETT,FAVRE,RETIREMENT,TALK

He should've retired after the playoff loss to the Vikings, back in '04.
Maybe you are tired of it, but this guy is the last legend from some of the glory years of the NFL still playing ( Marino, Elway, Young, Sanders, ect.) so it's kinda a big deal. Your tired of Brett Favre talk about as much as I'm tired of Mike Vick talk. Brett Favre is a living legend whether you love him or hate him. Whats Vick ever done? I hear more about Vick than Favre and he's not half the player or person Brett Favre is. He has his own damn thread on this site for crying out loud. Mike vick isn't even worthy his own toilet logs.

Number 4 should not retire he still gives the packers the best chance at winning, and that is the only objective that packers fans should be interested in IMO.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i don't think that favre playing another year is in the best interest of this team UNLESS they've come to the absolute conclusion that rodgers is not their man.

in which case, i'd expect that they would draft a QB this year.
The organization already annouced that they want him back if he wants to. I think that both McCarthy and TT both think Rodgers is the guy and wouldn't expect a QB unless it's a late round pickup and Favres gone but even then we took Ingle last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Yes, I think he should retire. The only reason for him to come back is to get that record, which I think would be selfish on his part.
I don't think he would come back just for the record. I really want him to have it but I don't think it's that important to him.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldn't say that i don't care what happens, but i really don't have a preference. yeah, it'll be hard to see Favre go, but i also want to start the Aaron Rodgers era and let a new chapter begin. if he chooses to come back i'd be happy to see him return to break some records and be our QB, but how long is it gonna be. he'll have to go eventually.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I'm alright with whatever Brett decides. Either way is fine to me.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Your tired of Brett Favre talk about as much as I'm tired of Mike Vick talk. He has his own damn thread on this site for crying out loud.
You think I like that? :roll:

Quote:
Number 4 should not retire he still gives the packers the best chance at winning, and that is the only objective that packers fans should be interested in IMO.
He should've retired when he was still good, at the pinnacle of his career. Just like Jerry Rice should have. The four INT debacle against Minnesota should have been the sign that it was time for him to step away.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Your tired of Brett Favre talk about as much as I'm tired of Mike Vick talk. He has his own damn thread on this site for crying out loud.

Quote:
He should've retired when he was still good, at the pinnacle of his career. Just like Jerry Rice should have.
He is still good. Not as good as he used to but you don't retire at your best.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
To say that the Packers "definately should be a playoff team next year" is absurd. They were 8-8 this year playing the AFC East and NFC West, you don't think it's going to be a whole hell of a lot harder to repeat that against the NFC East and the AFC West? Come on. I think it's entirely possible that every team dips in the North (except for the Lions, they can't get any worse), including the Bears.
I agree, I think it would be pretty dumb to say the Packers are a lock to make the playoffs next year.

I think if Favre returned and they stayed relatively healthy through the year than there is a good chance that they can make the playoffs. I think they could either duplicate their record this year or go 9-7. We have seen over the last couple years that a 9-7 record in the NFC gives you a pretty good shot at making the playoffs.

And on the topic of Favre retiring here's what I think:

I really think that this would be a perfect time for him to retire. He has regained some of the respect he lost last year and led a below average team to an 8-8 record. I think Rodgers has probably learned enough from Favre that another year with him around wouldn't benefit him as much.

Although I think it would be a perfect time for him to retire. It wouldn't bother me if he didn't retire, which I don't think he's going to. I don't really think that another year on the bench would destroy Rodgers. There has been tons of QB's who have sat to start there career for 3 or more years and they have turned out fine. Favre still loves playing the game and he see's that he has an improving team around him. I think he want's to help them as much as possible before he retires.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
He should've retired when he was still good, at the pinnacle of his career. Just like Jerry Rice should have.
He is still good. Not as good as he used to but you don't retire at your best.
No, but he should've retired after '04.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
I think Brett Favre should do whatever Brett Favre wants.
^^^^^ COMMENT OF THE YEAR RIGHT THERE....... .^^^^

He should do whatever HE CHOOSES, not anyone else. Not his wife either.

He's still better than 2/3 of today's starting QBs, and I guarantee you that Tiki Barber would have rather had Brett this year than the Manning. Bears fans would pay money to have him instead of Rex.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe
Quote:

He's still better than 2/3 of today's starting QBs, and I guarantee you that Tiki Barber would have rather had Brett this year than the Manning. Bears fans would pay money to have him instead of Rex.
So you think Brett Favre is a top 11 QB in the NFL? Who are these 21 QB's that are worse than him?
Old 01-09-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe
Quote:

So you think Brett Favre is a top 11 QB in the NFL? Who are these 21 QB's that are worse than him?
Grossman
Manning
BJ/Jackson
Kitna
Romo
Campbell
Gradkowski
Leinart
Smith
Pennington
Harrington/Leomon
Losman
Leftwich
Carr
Mcnair
Frye
Green
Walter
Cutler

. I wouldn't be against putting Roethlisberger, Young, or Delhome
Old 01-09-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Grossman
Manning
BJ/Jackson
Kitna
Romo
Campbell
Gradkowski
Leinart
Smith
Pennington
Harrington/Leomon
Losman
Leftwich
Carr
Mcnair
Frye
Green
Walter
Cutler
I wouldn't say the bolded players are better than Favre but its personal preference I guess. I just don't think a player that isn't even top 25 in passer rating can be considered as a top 11 QB.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Grossman
Manning
BJ/Jackson
Kitna
Romo
Campbell
Gradkowski
Leinart
Smith
Pennington
Harrington/Leomon
Losman
Leftwich
Carr
Mcnair
Frye
Green
Walter
Cutler
I wouldn't say the bolded players are better than Favre but its personal preference I guess. I just don't think a player that isn't even top 25 in passer rating can be considered as a top 11 QB.
Are you seriously telling me you would rather have Brad Johnson, Matt Leinart, Joey Harrington and Bruce Gradkowski over Brett Favre.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Grossman
Manning
BJ/Jackson
Kitna
Romo
Campbell
Gradkowski
Leinart
Smith
Pennington
Harrington/Leomon
Losman
Leftwich
Carr
Mcnair
Frye
Green
Walter
Cutler
Are you seriously telling me you would rather have Brad Johnson, Matt Leinart, Joey Harrington and Bruce Gradkowski over Brett Favre.
My mistake. I said wouldn't instead of would.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Grossman
Manning
BJ/Jackson
Kitna
Romo
Campbell
Gradkowski
Leinart
Smith
Pennington
Harrington/Leomon
Losman
Leftwich
Carr
Mcnair
Frye
Green
Walter
Cutler
My mistake. I said wouldn't instead of would.
That doesn't make it much better. I think you could make a case for three of them but Kitna? No way. I still would take him over those 4 though.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink

Kitna had a better QB rating, more TD's and more yards than Favre this year.