Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I would like to see Chris Long or Vernon Gholston be drafted by the Rams.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
If Wroten shows something at camp, I'm all for cutting Laroi Glover.

Carriker, Wroten, Ryan, Dorsey
They aren't cutting Glover. Glover is a team captain and mentor for the defense. As far as him as a player and factoring in age, it might make sense to cut him in that scenario, but he brings other things to the table. If they are keeping Chavous then they definitely keeping Glover, Glover can still play a little bit at least.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
They aren't cutting Glover. Glover is a team captain and mentor for the defense. As far as him as a player and factoring in age, it might make sense to cut him in that scenario, but he brings other things to the table. If they are keeping Chavous then they definitely keeping Glover, Glover can still play a little bit at least.
I agree, they won't cut Glover but "team captain, mentor"......I could say the same thing for Isaac Bruce.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Personally, I would like to see Chris Long or Vernon Gholston be drafted by the Rams.
I just don't see the Rams taking Gholston unless they trade down to #5 or #6.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
If we take Dorsey that would give us 5 DT. I don't think the Rams are going to carry 5. So who would be out and could they trade one for a draft pick.
The only real options are Glover and Wroten. Glover, though aging, has at least shown he's capable of doing something on the field. Wroten has not only not lived up to the potential, but hasn't done anything of note.

What's interesting is that some Rams fans I've seen post around the 'net have advocated for Dorsey because of the impact he could have on Wroten. To me, it seems the likely impact that Dorsey's drafting would have on Wroten is putting him that much closer to the chopping block.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
The only real options are Glover and Wroten. Glover, though aging, has at least shown he's capable of doing something on the field. Wroten has not only not lived up to the potential, but hasn't done anything of note.

What's interesting is that some Rams fans I've seen post around the 'net have advocated for Dorsey because of the impact he could have on Wroten. To me, it seems the likely impact that Dorsey's drafting would have on Wroten is putting him that much closer to the chopping block.
Jim Thomas has said that Jim Haslett might of turned a light on with Wroten, he was at Rams Park every day this offseason working out........So, that's at least some what promising.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jim Thomas has said that Jim Haslett might of turned a light on with Wroten, he was at Rams Park every day this offseason working out........So, that's at least some what promising.
My response: I'll believe it when I see it on the field. Glover, again though old, has at least shown he was able last year to provide a capable pass rush as part of a rotation.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if we do take Dorsey and keep all 5 DT, then they would proably rotate often and use Carriker at DE. Which would keep us going for 4 quarters and not dead at the end of three.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just don't see the Rams taking Gholston unless they trade down to #5 or #6.
Chris Long is defntly my #1 guy, but if Miami takes him, I just don't know who we should take. I'd say Gholston, but Linehan seems to like Jake Long.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Chris Long is defntly my #1 guy, but if Miami takes him, I just don't know who we should take. I'd say Gholston, but Linehan seems to like Jake Long.
I think if Miami takes Chris Long, it's between Jake Long and Glenn Dorsey.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Well if we do take Dorsey and keep all 5 DT, then they would proably rotate often and use Carriker at DE. Which would keep us going for 4 quarters and not dead at the end of three.
I really have a hard time seeing this team carry five DTs. Even if Carriker saw some snaps at DE on run downs, that would still be hard to justify, especially on gameday.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I really have a hard time seeing this team carry five DTs. Even if Carriker saw some snaps at DE on run downs, that would still be hard to justify, especially on gameday.
I agree 100%. There is simply no way they will carry 5 DT's. When is the last time anyone has carried 5 DT's for gameday? The last team to run the 5-2? I also agree that the assertion that Dorsey would help Wroten is stupid. In fact, that would almost certainly signal that Wroten is being traded, put on the practice squad, or released, because he is on the bottom of the totem pole of 5 DT's. That would be 9 defensive linemen on the active roster, that's not happening.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Thread Killer
Rookie

Thread Killer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Thread Killer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All five DTs would have to stay healthy throughout camp.

And as of today, Carriker has a ways to go just to be ready for camp.

Don't be surprised if the Rams to get a pick from the Falcons to move down one spot. From there, they will select Chris Long.
Thread Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my take. It would not surprise me if the Rams take Vernon Gholston. In the back of my mind, its what I've been figuring they would do for a while now. But even I would be shocked if they take Gholston with Chris Long still on the board should the Dolphins go with Jake Long.

As for the Rams trading down for Gholston, IMO thats not going to happen unless they can sucker Arthur Blank, and that would only be one selection.

I mean, who would the Chiefs trade up for? Jake Long wouldn't be there and while they could use help at DT, do they realliy need help THAT BADLY as to warrent trading up? If you're a Chiefs fan, which would you prefer, Sedrick Ellis/Ryan Clady/Matt Ryan/Brandon Albert at #5 or having to give up a second or a second and a third to trade up, not for Jake Long, but Glenn Dorsey?

As for the Jets, they have plenty of needs, but the glaring needs have essentially all been addressed in free agency. They could use a pass rusher, but they already signed Calvin Pace for a bajillion dollars. They could use a #2 corner, but that might be a reach at #6, much less a trade up. They could use an explosive playmaker in McFadden, but because they have Thomas Jones and Leon Washington already, they don't need McFadden that badly. And many of those other lesser needs (such as CB, or 3-4 DE or 3-4 OLB or maybe even OL) can be addressed with the only other day 1 pick the Jets have and would probably have to surrender in order to trade up.
Either right guard or right tackle depending on what they plan to do with Damien Woody and their opinion of Brandon Moore.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Peter King says one thing he "knows to be true" is that the Rams don't want Vernon Gholston.

Gholston seems unlikely to go the Falcons, so that would likely leave the Raiders with a choice of Gholston, Chris Long, and/or or Darren McFadden with the fourth overall pick.
Rotoworld (10 characters)

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote