Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-21-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default How Brian Calhoun was drafted

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ions_need.html

If it was any other organization, I'd be surprised. With the Lions, not so much.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's really funny and not suprising

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. The shady offensive guy in the background made the pick.

I'm going to drive by Allen Park and yell who I want them to draft from my car. They'll probably make the pick.

Or maybe Millen goes to a fortune teller the day before the draft.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally, the secret to Millen's drafting is revealed...

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny story, although who's to say Calhoun wasn't ranked high on the Lions' draft board, ex. second behind the offensive lineman in question. The guy wasn't a bum or a reach as a prospect/draft pick, he's been unfortunately injured.

Speaking of Calhoun, he'll be healthy enough to play this season?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder who the OT in question was.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2006

IF its Jonthan Scott we got him in Round 5. It still was the not the right decision because Calhoun still stinks but not as bad as reaching for Scott in Round 3. Could have been Jason Spitz,Rashad Butler,Jean-Giles,Guy Whimper,Willie Colon, Joseph Toledo.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Thats great, nice find.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha

I wonder who that lineman was? I bet it was Jahri Evans, who was taken by the Saints and immediatly became a good starter . . . haha
Old 04-21-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow....thats amazing, lol.

maybe if there was a lions fan daring enough, they could sneak into the draft room and shout out the names of players who are actually decent
Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
wow....thats amazing, lol.

maybe if there was a lions fan daring enough, they could sneak into the draft room and shout out the names of players who are actually decent
All we need is a fake mustache and we can pretend be Kowalski.

Here is the list of geniuses to look like.
http://www.detroitlions.com/section_...&top=1&level=3

What is with Millen and M. All his childrens names start with the letter M.
http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?...l=2&se ason=0

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 04-21-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna lie.... that mystery guy in the back of the room was me. I ran out giggling afterwards.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Not gonna lie.... that mystery guy in the back of the room was me. I ran out giggling afterwards.
Traitor you are.

OMG, this is my 17,000th post . . . wooooooo, what a post. Its the way I wanted it. Dissing on wingy.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

immediately following in the 3rd round was Jason Spitz(11). Later in 3rd Rashard Butler(25). max jean-gilles was top of round 4. personally it would have been cool if someone said "elvis dumervil" instead or freddy keiaho, gabe watson, jerious norwood.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Traitor you are.

OMG, this is my 17,000th post . . . wooooooo, what a post. Its the way I wanted it. Dissing on wingy.
Be gone you. That wasn't even a good diss. And how am I a traitor? If anything I am a patriot as I actually had a say.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-21-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to know how well Millen is prepared on draft day!! Not that I'm at all surprised.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
What is with Millen and M. All his childrens names start with the letter M.
http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?...l=2&se ason=0
It's not just his children, it's also how he picks his coaches. Marty Mornhinweg, Mariucci, Marinelli, Mike Martz
Old 04-21-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im just dissapointed, after reading that the lions have reached a new draft low in my book.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It's not just his children, it's also how he picks his coaches. Marty Mornhinweg, Mariucci, Marinelli, Mike Martz
omg thats amazing! haha..... i never thought of that....

maybe he just has a fascination with anyone else whos name starts with M like him. kind of like the 2 year old playing with lettered blocks and always takes the ones that are the letter his name starts with, lol

oh matt millen, please never leave
Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who was that linemen......

who does he pick this year then....names with M....
Old 04-21-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Millen has tourettes and instead of swear words he only yells out coaches with the letter M and names of wide receivers.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Who was that linemen......

who does he pick this year then....names with M....

:D
Old 04-21-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Jared Mayo.

Derrick Harvery needs to change his name to Merrick Marvey.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Adict just did a happy dance.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-21-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe in 05, Milen was using the prior years draft board. Williams was on the top of his list so he took him.

05 was another one of those panic picks. We wanted a corner and when Carlos Rogers went off the board that shady offensive coach probably yelled out Mike Williams. Or maybe it was the tv and Millen heard Kiper talking about Mike Williams.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

MMMMike Williams, lol.

i bet the lions go MMMendenhall or MMMMMayo for sure now