Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:26 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
This team steps up in big games
lol what has led you to make that comment? peyton is arguably the best QB in the game and he's never been to a SB.

you're really contradicting urself with alot of ur statements.

first you say that the colts step up in big games,

and then you say that peyton doesn't choke, his teammates collapse around him. :?
I'm talking about this team as in this season's team. They have played well and won every big game they've played this year. Broncos, Patriots, Chiefs, Bengals, Giants. The team typically did collapse around playoff time in the past. I'm talking about different teams.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
We all know Peyton will choke.
Yep, Peyton is nothing but a choke artist. :roll: Please. Peyton is very clutch QB. His team always collapses around him in the playoffs.
Peyton has been a choke artist his entire football career dating back to at least college. Greatest regular season QB since Marino and Elway, but not one I would want on my team in the playoffs.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drama
does any colts fan want to bet

than if the colts lose they would not sign in for 1 week

if the raven lose i will not sign in for a week

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)
Old 01-09-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)
I'll take it.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)
I'll take it.
your on
any one else
Old 01-09-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)
I'll take it.
:roll: well i think thats a pretty crappy bet because its pretty easy to just go to your profile, and select "hide your online status"
Old 01-09-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)
I'll take it.
your on
any one else
If Colts lose, I won't post until the Ravens lose (or if they win the SB).

If Ravens lose, you start typing on
here coherently
ok?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)
I'll take it.
:roll: well i think thats a pretty crappy bet because its pretty easy to just go to your profile, and select "hide your online status"
The mods could suspend me for a week.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)
I'll take it.
your on
any one else
If Colts lose, I won't post until the Ravens lose (or if they win the SB).

If Ravens lose, you start typing on
here coherently
ok?
deal if ravens beat the colts and if they lose a game after (yeah right) that i will not post for a week

deal
Old 01-09-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrell Suggs, Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Trevor Pryce, all of which have at least 9.5 sacks. They will be all over Manning. If he thinks he's had it rough against Pittsburgh of '05 and the Patriots of '03/4, he hasn't seen anything yet.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens. Main reason is b/c it's in Baltimore. Colts are a diff team defensively on the road. Manning is great at picking up blitzes, etc, but that's all in the regular season. In the post season, defense usually wins. I see a frustrating game for Manning... 34-16.

However, on a side note, I hope Manning (and the entire Colts team) proves me wrong (like the Gators did). I don't necessarily like Indy, but I'm getting sick of hearing about Manning being a choker. Altho I detest Manning for destroying the Broncos, I respect him and would like to see him perform in the Super Bowl.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts passing gameVS. Ravens secondary: We have a elite top 5 cover corner in C-mac and Ed Reed is possibly the best S in coverage in the league. Rolle is a get by CB and Dawan Landry is very skilled. But it is Peyton Manning so I will give him the slightest of edges.

Colts O-line VS. Ravens pass rush: The Ravens have been a great pass rushing team this year. When we line up in a 4-3 our whole front 7, can blitz well, plus we can bring Landry as a S blitz were he has done a couple of times. When we slide into a 3-4 Suggs and Thomas off the edge will be dangerous along w/ Pryce who has I believe 13 sacks rotating from a 34 DE and a 43 DE. I give the edge to Ravens.

Colts running game VS. Ravens run defense: The Ravens have had a top run defense this year, With Ngata Gregg and Pryce clogging up lanes in our 3-4 while have Suggs and Thomas cover the edges and Ray Lewis and Bart Scott going sideline to sideline will be good for the Ravens run defense. When we enter a 43 we have Ray who has been a HOF in a 43 going sideline to sideline, with Pryce, Ngata, Gregg, and Suggs on the line he doesnt really have to face o-lineman at him. I give the edge to the Ravens.

Colts pass rush VS. Ravens pass blocking: All though our o-line has done good of late Freeny has beat up on Ogden the last couple of times they faced each other so the edge has to go to the Colts.

Colts run defense VS. Ravens run offense: I would easily have given the Ravens the edge, but how LJ played against them I give the edge to the Colts

Ravens passing game VS. Colts pass defense: With the Colts running a cover two defense it is built to defend the pass in a way, It will make me a little nervous about the passing game for the Ravens. I really am not sure so I really don't give a edge to anybody because I dont know how the Rankings match up.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll take the Ravens in this one. i think their D can hold Indy and Jamal can run on them pretty well.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

deal or no deal

Old 01-10-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore wins it.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
a-dub83
Rookie

a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dwight Freeney is on his game and Bob Sanders is back, so im going with my Colts in a hard fought win.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-dub83
Dwight Freeney is on his game and Bob Sanders is back, so im going with my Colts in a hard fought win.
fan enough to take on my bet

cardsalltheway agreed

do you have enough fate on your colts to agree

Quote:
does any colts fans want to bet

than if the colts lose they would not post for 1 week (7 days)

if the raven lose i will not post for 1 week (7 days)

deal or no deal

Old 01-10-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm nearly certain that the Colts will lose, but I did not want to see that post coming up every time a Colts fan posted. If it means that much to you, how about PMing people?

Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

Quote:
I'm nearly certain that the Colts will lose, but I did not want to see that post coming up every time a Colts fan posted. If it means that much to you, how about PMing people?
that spamming
Old 01-10-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
that spamming
True That.

But how does it make it any different anyway?

What do you think about the game other than saying how they will lose? I'm thinking a similar thing as well but what's your take on why the Colts will lose?

Old 01-10-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
that spamming
True That.

But how does it make it any different anyway?

What do you think about the game other than saying how they will lose? I'm thinking a similar thing as well but what's your take on why the Colts will lose?
The Raven D need to make Peyton Manning run for his life (easy)
The raven have 60 sacks this season
B-more LB core will stop the run
*Colts D can't stop the run
*Colts will not get to Air McNair
*McNair was sacked only 14 times in 2006
*Colts wide receivers will face a Top Secondary
that scores

to those bring a old game of
Colts 24 at Ravens 7.

difference team Colts 8)
stop living in the past
Old 01-10-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well another thing to factor in is that the colt seem to have had trouble with 3-4 defences in the past.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89
well another thing to factor in is that the colt seem to have had trouble with 3-4 defences in the past.
How much do you guys run that? 50/50 or are there a majority of plays in the favor of one?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not too sure i think 3-4, but if it is more effective im sure ryan will make some ajustments and use it more
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Baltimore will win this game on a Matt Stover field goal as time expires 23-20!!!!!!!!

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote