Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Shanny should be coach for life. He just needs to give up personnel duties.
You hit the nail on the head. Shanahan the coach is very secure, Shanahan the GM is not. After canning Sundquist there really isn't anyone else to blame if the draft goes poorly.

If Shanahan somehow lost his power over personnel decisions, I suspect he'd leave Denver for greener pastures.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
How cute, your the first Chiefs fan I've seen that actually likes Herm and believes hes a good coach and want him to stay. How is he building that team up the right way??? Taking them from a playoff team right down to one of the worst teams in the NFL?? I predicted that the Chiefs would have a top 5 pick before this season because I knew they were going to crash with Herm. He isn't good, he is horrible with building teams, he doesn't realize you need a great OL to win. I bet you, you guys don't even take a OL first round. Even though the Chiefs have like the worst OL in the league.

Look what he did with the Jets, he took over a team that Parcells basically built, and he brought them down. The Jets were actually a team that had a good OL, and some good players and were pretty talented. He never fixed the OL and we had to go 3 years with a bad OL. Now finally our OL looks good on paper.
Herm inherited a doomed team though - drafting an O-line in the first round will not determine if herm is good or not. Though he will need to strongly address the O-line issues and quickly, the 5th overall pick is not necessarily the spot to do it. Short of drafting Jake Long with that pick you're semi-reaching. If the trade with Jared Allen happens where they get a 1st round pick, hopefully they use that pick to draft an a tackle instead of the 5th overall pick.

Chiefs have a pretty terrible team right now, but herm is in a position where he can fill the holes quickly (and with the 08 draft). Now I'm not saying he's going to for sure do it this year, but I think he will.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Linehan- After lacking a winning season altogether and the joke 2-14 year, he has to get the Rams to .500.
Mangini- The jets spent a huge chunk of change this FA season and I'd think they want to see a winning season.
Nolan- He's got to make something happen and now.
Kiffin- When you're a coach in Oakland, you have a permanent spot in the hotseat.
John Fox- He's had long enough to recover over the Super Bowl loss.

Coaches that could potentially be in the hotseat:
Herm Edwards- Clark Hunt does not want to see another 4-12 year.
Lovie Smith- He has to get his QB situation sorted out.
Mike Shanahan- He's an icon in Denver, but Denver will be restless if he fails to make the postseason for a 3rd year in a row.
Brad Childress- Will have to get results out of his team this year.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Herm inherited a doomed team though - drafting an O-line in the first round will not determine if herm is good or not. Though he will need to strongly address the O-line issues and quickly, the 5th overall pick is not necessarily the spot to do it. Short of drafting Jake Long with that pick you're semi-reaching. If the trade with Jared Allen happens where they get a 1st round pick, hopefully they use that pick to draft an a tackle instead of the 5th overall pick.

Chiefs have a pretty terrible team right now, but herm is in a position where he can fill the holes quickly (and with the 08 draft). Now I'm not saying he's going to for sure do it this year, but I think he will.
I'm just saying, being a Jets fan I think Herm is horrible, he did bad with us. Sure he got us to the playoffs a few times, and hes a good guy, but as a HC he stinks. He gets outcoached most of the time, and likes to throw all of the blame on asst coaches, like his OC and DC. Horrible clock management skills, not that good at developing talent. Just really isn't anything special. He only got us to the playoffs because of the team he got was strong on the OL and had Chad Pennington who use to be good enough to make the playoffs, also had Curtis Martin, and a lot of studs on defense.
Also as a Jets fan I think Mangini is not on the hot seat yet. Most Jets fans love him, we beleive that he didn't get outcoached, that he had a lack of talent really. Our GM is to blame kinda, they R both young though, they thought we were more talented then we actually were. But the scheme and gameplan wasn't to blame, maybe offensively sometimes the playcalling was bad, but Schottenheimer is young too.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Scott Linehan- After lacking a winning season altogether and the joke 2-14 year, he has to get the Rams to .500.
HEY!!!!! THEY WERE 3-13 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote