Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: What should we do with the #8 Pick ?
Matt Ryan 3 18.75%
Sedrick Ellis 2 12.50%
Leodis McKelvin 5 31.25%
Darren McFadden 0 0%
Derrick Harvey 0 0%
Ryan Clady 0 0%
Branden Albert 0 0%
Trade the Pick 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default Plenty of options..

Todays happenings opens the doors on many fronts and has Draft Mocks everywhere going nuts.. everyone is locking us in @ #8 with Matt Ryan. We know Ozzie has a tried and true method of best player available and its worked like a charm so far no reason to step away from it...

So we have options

1. Matt Ryan: Select the best available QB ??

2. Sedrick Ellis: 2nd Best interior DL prospect that would fit well into a rotation with our DL

3. Leodis McKelvin: Arguably the best CB Prospect

4. Darren McFadden: Some mocks have him falling that far for a multitude of reasons

5. Derrick Harvey: Moving up the boards quickly and we need another DE.. could you imagine a 3rd down passing situation for an Offense with Suggs, Pryce, Scott and Harvey all rushing the passer ???

6. Ryan Clady: Some might argue Jared Gaither is not the answer for JO

7. Branden Albert: He projects to the LT or OG you only get better when your OL is stout and deep.

8. Trade the Pick: Could we benefit from say moving the pick to Philly for Donovan McNabb or should someone want Matt Ryan bad enough to move down and take Joe Flacco in the 2nd and pick up an additional 1st day pick and get another impact WR like a DeSean Jackson in the middle of the 1st rd ?

What does everyone think ???

Last edited by ChefMike : 04-17-2008 at 05:32 PM.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really don't think that any of the corners are worth a Top 10 pick. We can probably trade down, pick up some picks and then still take a corner in the first.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

So where would you trade the pick to ??? and for what ??
Old 04-17-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

trading the pick doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

McKelvin.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Matt Ryan is there at #8 he's the pick. If not I would say Ellis would be the pick.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
So where would you trade the pick to ??? and for what ??
Idealy, I would trade swap picks with the Eagles and we could get Lito Sheppard, but I know that's unlikey because of the money situation. Right now looks like Denver is a good place to trade, we could pick up an extra 3rd.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Idealy, I would trade swap picks with the Eagles and we could get Lito Sheppard, but I know that's unlikey because of the money situation. Right now looks like Denver is a good place to trade, we could pick up an extra 3rd.
There would have to be a player that Denver would want to trade up for. I'm thinking they would be interested in a guy like Ellis. They could move up to 8 from 12 in order to jump in front of Cincy for Ellis. Get the extra picks because me have to trade back into late round 1 to get one of Brohm, Henne, or Flacco.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troj2man View Post
There would have to be a player that Denver would want to trade up for. I'm thinking they would be interested in a guy like Ellis. They could move up to 8 from 12 in order to jump in front of Cincy for Ellis. Get the extra picks because me have to trade back into late round 1 to get one of Brohm, Henne, or Flacco.
All 3 of those QB's are going to be just as good as Ryan and can be had in Rd 2 no need to trade up into the 2nd to get them...

Matt Ryan is way overrated..
Old 04-18-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
trading the pick doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

McKelvin.
Why do you say makes no sense whatsoever ?

Less of a cap hit
Still get a quality guy in the middle of the round
pick up an extra Day 1 pick or multiple Day 2 picks or possibly a #1 next year depending on who its traded to..

maybe we trade the pick to someone like San Francisco and get their #1 this year and Next.. for the #8 pick we know we can trade down in the 1st and still get a high quality player like a Cason or Flowers or even one of the WR's then have a TOP 10 pick next year potentially when we have Bollers, McNairs, JO, cap room open to sign multiple 1st rd picks...
Old 04-18-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading is the best option IMO because once you get past the top 5 guys, no one is really available for us at 8 thats worth that spot. Harvey is not a top 10 guy and whoever mentioned him for that spot is losing their mind. Ellis is a good option but its not a need position for us. Corner is a need but lets face it, there's no one top guy at corner so its too easy to screw that up. Trade out, get some extra picks in this draft (none of this next year bs) and lets get on with training camp!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to trade it but we wont be able to, so I say go McKelvin!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I'd love to trade it but we wont be able to, so I say go McKelvin!
Once the draft starts the option to trade is always there and if someone some team targets starts falling the more the phones ring. Ozzie you better have multiple lines going baby!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always hated the idea of picking up Ryan I dont see the point in bringing in a million young QB's. I put my trust in Ozzie and pray he does the usual and drafts studs...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Totally agree, Ozzie has proven that he knows what to do when it comes to the draft. I trust him to make the right choice.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this in a different thread, but this seems like a better fit.

1ST ROUND
1. Miami Dolphins- Jake Long, OT Michigan
2. St. Louis Rams- Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU
3. Atlanta Falcons- Matt Ryan, QB Boston College
4. Oakland Raiders- Chris Long, DE Virginia
5. Kansas City Chiefs-
Trade: Cincinnati Bengals (9, 77) to Kansas City (5)
Cincinnati Bengals (from Kansas City Chiefs)- Sedrick Ellis, DT Southern Cal.
6. New York Jets- Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers)- Vernon Gholston, DE Ohio State
8. Baltimore Ravens-
Trade: Carolina Panthers (13, 67) to Baltimore (8)
Carolina Panthers (from Baltimore Ravens)- Derrick Harvey, DE Florida
9. Kansas City (from Cincinnati Bengals)- Branden Albert, OT Virginia
10. New Orleans Saints- Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy
11. Buffalo Bills-
Trade: Kansas City (17, 66) to Buffalo (11)
Kansas City (from Buffalo)- Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida
12. Denver Broncos- Ryan Clady, OT Boise State
13. Baltimore Ravens (from Carolina Panthers)-

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote