Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-23-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pacman Jones to Dallas for a 4th Rd pick

According to Ed Werder, the Titans and Cowboys have agreed in principle to trade PacMan for a 4th RD pick in '08. If PacMan is relieved from his suspension and lives up to performance incentives, the Titans will get an additional pick in '09. If PacMan isn't reinstated, then the Titans will give the 'Boys a pick.

Link up now, as this was on SportsCenter.

Great job Reinfeldt!

And great job Geo for editting Pac's real name into the title... :P Can you change it back please? He may be Adam Jones to others, but to Titans fans, PacMan is too infamous to be known as Adam.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-23-2008 at 05:38 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unless your keith bulluck who refused to call him pacman until he earned his respect....haha love bulluck

glad hes gone, i hope we take okam in the fourth if hes there
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okam, Kendall Langford, or Brian Johnston would all be great picks in the 4th RD, or we can use two of our 4th RD picks to move up in the 2nd or 3rd RD.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read alot about Fisher singing Brian Johnston's praises, as well as alot of other 4-3 teams enamored with him as of lately and think he will be a steal...I found alot of good info on him and he timed really well in his workouts, I had him going to you guys in the 3rd but he could be around for that 4th rd pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see it come to this, being a hige pacman fan, but it was time for the titans to part ways with him.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've read, the trade was this:

The TITANS get:
2008 4th Round Pick

The COWBOYS get:
CB Pacman Jones

If Jones is re-instated and plays a significant amount of time, then the Titans get an additional 6th Round Pick in 2009. HOWEVER, if Jones does NOT get re-instated, then the Titans lose a 4th rounder in 2009. Furthermore, if Jones is re-instated but gets suspended again (while with Dallas), then the Titans lose a 5th rounder in 2009 (instead of the 4th rounder).

While I'm happy about the Pacman-for-4th aspect of the trade, I don't like the stipulations at all. Once Pacman's traded, he should be the responsibility of the Cowboys and NOT the Titans -- meaning that the Titans shouldn't have to pay a penalty if Pacman does something stupid again and gets suspended in Dallas (haven't we already paid enough?!). In my opinion, once a player is traded, they should become the sole responsibility of their new team (the Cowboys) -- NOT their former team (the Titans). The Cowboys aren't risking anything at all in this trade. If Pacman screws up, it's the Titans who will be paying next season in draft-picks. That sounds unreasonable to me...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first it seemed like a fairly good trade. But the stipulations are horrible. Potentially it could basically mean the Titans gave the Cowboys Pacman for nothing. If the system goes the way it should. The Titans will have to give up that 4th rounder next year. If Odell Thurman gets a two year suspension for being an alcoholic then Jones should get at least 2 for his violation.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat
While I'm happy about the Pacman-for-4th aspect of the trade, I don't like the stipulations at all. Once Pacman's traded, he should be the responsibility of the Cowboys and NOT the Titans -- meaning that the Titans shouldn't have to pay a penalty if Pacman does something stupid again and gets suspended in Dallas (haven't we already paid enough?!). In my opinion, once a player is traded, they should become the sole responsibility of their new team (the Cowboys) -- NOT their former team (the Titans). The Cowboys aren't risking anything at all in this trade. If Pacman screws up, it's the Titans who will be paying next season in draft-picks. That sounds unreasonable to me...
I agree with everything said. If PacMan isn't reinstated, we'll have traded PacMan Jones & '09 4th RD pick for Dallas's '08 4th RD pick, essentiall making PacMan's value the difference between a '08 and '09 4th RD pick - or in the case that he gets reinstated and suspened again, his value is the difference of a '08 4th RD pick and a '09 5th RD pick. So basically, we could be coming out of this in the red if PacMan isn't reinstated or does something stupid while on Dallas's watch.

But, we have some insurance.
-First and foremost, Tennessee and Dallas have only agreed in principle; the trade hasn't been completed just yet and PacMan is still a Titans and Dallas has it's 4th RD'er. So I assume the Titans don't want the responsibility for a player that isn't their responsibility - that's why they call it a player's "rights" Jerruh! - and are trying to make a few alterations in that area.
-Secondly, this is PacMan's last chance. He'll get no guaranteed money in Dallas, and his contract and base salary will be change compared to his rookie deal in TN. He literally can't afford to screw up in Dallas, cause if he does, he has no money and no chance of coming back in the NFL. Thats motivation for PacMan to not allow us to get screwed.
-Thirdly, the Titans and Cowboys probably have a good idea about whether or not PacMan will be reinstated. I don't think Jerry Jones would have made this trade if he thought Goodell wasn't going to lift the suspension.
-And lastly, the Cowboys want PacMan to have an impact on the field during this season. They hope that his CB/PR capabilities can get them over the hump and into the Super Bowl. Jerry Jones would care less about losing a 6th RD pick/gaining a 4th RD pick in '09 if that means PacMan gives him another ring.

There's a chance that this deal can bring us little in return, but since the Cowboys want PacMan to help them ASAP, I believe they'll do their part as well.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-25-2008 at 11:34 PM.