Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 04-26-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jaguars' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Jacksonville Jaguars in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't mean that. Good luck to the Jaguars? psssht.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol I love how Mel Kiper is saying Harvey is a reach at #8 when yesterday in his mock he had Harvey going #5 overall.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I love the pick...I love the trade....and I love what we gave up...

the two thirds and fourth would have struggled to make the team...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great value. If you consider:

1) According to one chart, the 8th pick is worth 1400 points, and we gave up 1127.
2) With our depth, 3rd and 4th rounders have a less chance to making an impact.
3) DE is a need.
4) Harvey would have probably been taken by the Bengals, if not the Pats
5) The Jaguars are going all-or-nothing for the Super Bowl.
6) We still have a 2nd rounder
7) If we want to, we can trade up again

...it was an excellent trade. I'm not sure about Harvey himself, but I have no probs with the trade.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Great value. If you consider:

1) According to one chart, the 8th pick is worth 1400 points, and we gave up 1127.
2) With our depth, 3rd and 4th rounders have a less chance to making an impact.
3) DE is a need.
4) Harvey would have probably been taken by the Bengals, if not the Pats
5) The Jaguars are going all-or-nothing for the Super Bowl.
6) We still have a 2nd rounder
7) If we want to, we can trade up again

...it was an excellent trade. I'm not sure about Harvey himself, but I have no probs with the trade.
Harvey is a stud...I've seen every game of his at UF...he will be our Dwight Freeney...mark it down..and we stole a top 10 pick...
Old 04-26-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude. I am so ******* happy.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Groves AND Harvey. Superbowl bound.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Pass rush FTW!!!!

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They may only accumulate 12-15 sacks combined this year.

But they'll be threats to combine for 20+ in the near future.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
They may only accumulate 12-15 sacks combined this year.

But they'll be threats to combine for 20+ in the near future.
Well, I like the picks, but it would be rare for them to combine like a tandem like that in their rookie year, or in their career.

I'm thinking 8-10 this year, and climbing later.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

all they need to do is put pressure on the QB this season....

after watching Ted Manochino's (DLine coach) on Derrick Harvey...I am stoked!

thought is, that both could stand to beef up just a little bit more without losing any speed...they think Groves can be an everydown pass rusher...
Old 04-27-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't care what anyone says. I felt outside of KC you guys had the best draft this year.

im sure youre all pumped up. i sure as hell would be if i were you.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I effing love our draft, especially rounds 1&2. I have a feeling something special will occur this year.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trae Williams was an absolute steal. I don't care what his 40 says, he looked just as good as Jenkins on that field, and played just as fast too. Great steal in the 5th, he has loads of potential.

And in that Cover 2 shell, whatever speed concerns he had doesn't matter much. Absolute steal.

Stole Groves.

Stole Williams

Stole the 8th pick to land Harvey (that was robbery).

Incredible draft. KC had a ton of picks. You guys took a normal looking board and made it special. I personally think this was the best draft out of all the teams. Incredible draft.

Groves, Henderson, Landri, and Harvey all on the line in the nickel. Thats a damn good nickel front 4. This team is going to be special next year. Mike Walker emerges, I can see Porter resurrecting his career, great RB duo, solid oline, solid qb, great defense that just got better. This team is poised to be a very good team for the next 4 years or so.

I don't know if you'll get the impact you want this year, bc afterall theyre just rookies, but next year...watch out.